User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I can make angry people sleepy, and I can pack any amount of stuff into any sized space. These are my two super powers.
    But I can make sleepy people angry. Together we could build legions of sleeping people.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    But I can make sleepy people angry. Together we could build legions of sleeping people.
    Together our dynamic duo would be unstoppable, and confusing.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.
    Likes Opal liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Together our dynamic duo would be unstoppable, and confusing.
    I'm not really sure what to make of anger. On the one hand, it can be destructive and result in self-sabotage. On the other hand, it can be productive for getting something doing or producing change. I'm still grappling with the issue of whether or not anger is always bad.

My current thinking is that one should try to avoid acting on the basis of anger, and try to approach things more logically. It's very Vulcan. What do you think?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I'm not really sure what to make of anger. On the one hand, it can be destructive and result in self-sabotage. On the other hand, it can be productive for getting something doing or producing change. I'm still grappling with the issue of whether or not anger is always bad.

My current thinking is that one should try to avoid acting on the basis of anger, and try to approach things more logically. It's very Vulcan. What do you think?
    Having studied and experienced years of counseling in western psychology as well as the Buddhist approach, it is important to not place value judgments on the experiential aspect of any emotion, but to observe them pass like leaves on a stream. It is important to not judge anger as unacceptable and therefore suppress it. Emotions, just like sneezes, will find their exit routes whether intentionally or subconsciously.

I personally dislike anger, so have to learn to accept it. I think it distorts judgment more than even sorrow because it focuses inward on personal ego and will and tends to become blinded to the bigger picture (not to say that people don't feel angry about large scale problems), but the desire to hit or destroy is tunnel vision. Anger did save my sanity once, so I should feel more kindly towards it. In a situation where my own ego was suppressed to the point of personal disorientation, I was pushed too far and ended up screaming that what I was facing was narcissistic and unkind. I didn't damage anything, but it was enough tunnel vision that I wasn't analyzing all possible future outcomes of the behavior like I normally do. It was purely in the moment, and it woke me up, and rattled the people who were being extremely unkind to me in intelligently veiled ways. It made staying as uncomfortable as leaving, so that anger was my last thread holding me to reality.

There is so much knee-jerk anger in the world, and most of it is really selfish looking nonsense, so I'm still up for making angry people sleepy with the overwhelming droopiness I convey to the world.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Having studied and experienced years of counseling in western psychology as well as the Buddhist approach, it is important to not place value judgments on the experiential aspect of any emotion, but to observe them pass like leaves on a stream. It is important to not judge anger as unacceptable and therefore suppress it. Emotions, just like sneezes, will find their exit routes whether intentionally or subconsciously.

I personally dislike anger, so have to learn to accept it. I think it distorts judgment more than even sorrow because it focuses inward on personal ego and will and tends to become blinded to the bigger picture (not to say that people don't feel angry about large scale problems), but the desire to hit or destroy is tunnel vision. Anger did save my sanity once, so I should feel more kindly towards it. In a situation where my own ego was suppressed to the point of personal disorientation, I was pushed too far and ended up screaming that what I was facing was narcissistic and unkind. I didn't damage anything, but it was enough tunnel vision that I wasn't analyzing all possible future outcomes of the behavior like I normally do. It was purely in the moment, and it woke me up, and rattled the people who were being extremely unkind to me in intelligently veiled ways. It made staying as uncomfortable as leaving, so that anger was my last thread holding me to reality.

There is so much knee-jerk anger in the world, and most of it is really selfish looking nonsense, so I'm still up for making angry people sleepy with the overwhelming droopiness I convey to the world.
    I tend to think things would be better if there was less anger, and I think we need less of it in the world, not more of it. I don't interpret that as being content with the status quo, or being hostile to change, but I think some people see it this way, which results in conflicts. I think change is best arrived at rationally, not through the use of emotions like anger and fear (I think it's too easy to be manipulated while under the spell of such emotions). I do wonder if the anger can provide the "fuel" for the action, though. Maybe if I could feel angry on the inside, while not showing anyone, and thinking logically about the situation, that would help.

Of course, I'm influenced from a certain perspective. I have noticed that tunnel vision with anger. I become focused on one thing, and I worry about dealing with that one thing to the exclusion of all else. I guess it's like fighting a sabre-toothed tiger. You have to focus on that tiger constantly, or else it's going to eat you. In that evolutionary context, it makes sense.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

I have superb natural vision. Something like 20/10.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

I can put endless number of objects into my handbag. Although then I can't find them.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm pretty good at arguing, but more than anything, I'm loyal to a fault to those I care about.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I've found I'm quite skilled at being average. I mean that; most people can't cope with it, they spend their entire lives striving for significance and greatness, regardless of how realistic that significance might be for them to achieve. And you can achieve more through being skill-fully average than clumsily significant.

But I can cope with average. And I go to sleep knowing I might not get up again tomorrow, but assured that if I don't; at least people who knew me can alight: "There he goes, averagely, a patron at the bar of adequate mediocrity....and he was ok with that".
    jack of all trades is better than a master of one.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I can burp on command to almost any tune I know.

I would like to do a duet with Mr. Methane.

Don't look at me so strangely, guys.