User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 51

  1. #41
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Intuitives see possibilities. Transformations taking force during times of high risk and volatility. From a seed comes forth the plant. But, the plant will reach maturation at some point. And then the sensor comes in to preserve what is left. The volatile phase is shorter than the stable and dimishing phase, and so intuitives don't have to be as prevalent.
    Likes chubber liked this post

  2. #42
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    No I'm not praising intuitive types in the slightest. At this juncture, a mass extinction caused by man, their human frailty seems to be at great fault, they actually appear to be DEFECTIVE, a sub-species of human who sped up the human race only to murder it. Like a big child with too much power. Intuitives the equivalent of big dumb children with big imagination, they finally found their place in history, only to murder the entire human race and most other species within two centuries. That's not praise. That's your own conceit that the modern world is better. Any time I am in the wilderness I remember that's not true. The human world, even major cities, is small. The natural world is humongous, vast, wondrous.

    Growth of population is terrible when a species out grows it's habitat, I'm sorry but you don't know what you are are talking about. Human beings are an animal species that have outgrown their habitat.

    The world is dying. Wake up, be informed. The things you are saying have no relevance in current world conditions.

    6th Mass Extinction? Humans Kill Species Faster Than They're Created

    I will only give intuitives the praise they give themselves if they can find a way to clean up the mess they made. Meanwhile, people do what they can to slow down the inevitable death march.

    The Extinction Crisis
    interesting, since you opened the door.

    Would you say, that since 46.4% of people are SJs and 27% are SPs that would equate to 73.4% of the population of MBTI are sensors.... So since you say that Growth of population is the problem, would it then also be accurate to say that Sensors are the over growing problem? Or is it intuitive that allows sensors to live longer? Is it never the sensors fault, because they are saving the planet right?

    ...

    Honestly @Marmotini, you seem to have a huge biased problem with intuitives in general. Yet at the same time adore Einstein.


  3. #43
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    there is an old saying...

    "The boy on the three legged horse must visit the wild man for the four legged horse"

    Robert Bly often quoted it...I suggest a read of Iron John.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

  4. #44
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    interesting, since you opened the door.

    Would you say, that since 46.4% of people are SJs and 27% are SPs that would equate to 73.4% of the population of MBTI are sensors.... So since you say that Growth of population is the problem, would it then also be accurate to say that Sensors are the over growing problem? Or is it intuitive that allows sensors to live longer? Is it never the sensors fault, because they are saving the planet right?

    ...

    Honestly @Marmotini, you seem to have a huge biased problem with intuitives in general. Yet at the same time adore Einstein.

    Lololol....i was obviously exaggerating for effect because of the stereotypes that Ns are smarter (they are not, just smart or stupid in different ways) and that being a sensor is equivalent to being like an animal, so I posited that actually Ns have caused big destruction in the world, based on the assumption they invent new things like vaccines, chemicals, medicine, technology that has contributed to the pollution of the earth and overpopulation(since we doubt a sensor created cfcs, DEET, or the polio vaccine).

    Ironically I think I have more intuition than you and Riva put together if you are seriously after all things I have said unable to see the twisted long term damage irresponsible Nvention can have. How can you not see that all those Ss wouldn't be able to reproduce at such a rate, had not Ns invented trappings of the modern world. You see, you can not just mess with nature without creating balance, because people will keep breeding just like they always did in the days before fiat currency and factory farming. Sensors are not having any more children than they ever did, it's just that the modern world screwed up the natural process. Therefore, those big smrt Ns clearly have a responsibility to repair that damage instead of whining about people doing what nature compels them to do, as if sitting around whining and daydreaming without doing anything about it makes you superior in any way.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    No I'm not praising intuitive types in the slightest. At this juncture, a mass extinction caused by man, their human frailty seems to be at great fault, they actually appear to be DEFECTIVE, a sub-species of human who sped up the human race only to murder it. Like a big child with too much power. Intuitives the equivalent of big dumb children with big imagination, they finally found their place in history, only to murder the entire human race and most other species within two centuries. That's not praise. That's your own conceit that the modern world is better. Any time I am in the wilderness I remember that's not true. The human world, even major cities, is small. The natural world is humongous, vast, wondrous.

    Growth of population is terrible when a species out grows it's habitat, I'm sorry but you don't know what you are are talking about. Human beings are an animal species that have outgrown their habitat.

    The world is dying. Wake up, be informed. The things you are saying have no relevance in current world conditions.

    6th Mass Extinction? Humans Kill Species Faster Than They're Created

    I will only give intuitives the praise they give themselves if they can find a way to clean up the mess they made. Meanwhile, people do what they can to slow down the inevitable death march.

    The Extinction Crisis
    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    interesting, since you opened the door.

    Would you say, that since 46.4% of people are SJs and 27% are SPs that would equate to 73.4% of the population of MBTI are sensors.... So since you say that Growth of population is the problem, would it then also be accurate to say that Sensors are the over growing problem? Or is it intuitive that allows sensors to live longer? Is it never the sensors fault, because they are saving the planet right?

    ...

    Honestly @Marmotini, you seem to have a huge biased problem with intuitives in general. Yet at the same time adore Einstein.

    I don't know which part is worst here, the attributing of manmade extinctions to human personality types, the reactionary victimization of intuitives as martyrs, or the assertion with percentage statisitcs based on faulty quick MBTI tests and erroneous Keirsey temperaments.


    You know what, I'm gonna say Keirsey is the worst mistake here.
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

  6. #46
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Intuitives see possibilities. Transformations taking force during times of high risk and volatility. From a seed comes forth the plant. But, the plant will reach maturation at some point. And then the sensor comes in to preserve what is left. The volatile phase is shorter than the stable and dimishing phase, and so intuitives don't have to be as prevalent.
    Well according to my theory (purely based in the assumption that Ns are the inventors and Ss the cretins cloning and feeding) it's a damn good thing there aren't more Ns to create more awesome things to destroy life on earth and further disrupt the ecosystem.

    No, actually imo, my real opinion, two modern philosophies are to blame: secular humanism which was originally ignorant of the interconnected ecosystem...and the perversion of individualism into a grotesque form of capitalism that has very little to do with the forefathers idea of capitalism.

  7. #47
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Lololol....i was obviously exaggerating for effect because of the stereotypes that Ns are smarter (they are not, just smart or stupid in different ways) and that being a sensor is equivalent to being like an animal, so I posited that actually Ns have caused big destruction in the world, based on the assumption they invent new things like vaccines, chemicals, medicine, technology that has contributed to the pollution of the earth and overpopulation(since we doubt a sensor created cfcs, DEET, or the polio vaccine).

    Ironically I think I have more intuition than you and Riva put together if you are seriously after all things I have said unable to see the twisted long term damage irresponsible Nvention can have. How can you not see that all those Ss wouldn't be able to reproduce at such a rate, had not Ns invented trappings of the modern world. You see, you can not just mess with nature without creating balance, because people will keep breeding just like they always did in the days before fiat currency and factory farming. Sensors are not having any more children than they ever did, it's just that the modern world screwed up the natural process. Therefore, those big smrt Ns clearly have a responsibility to repair that damage instead of whining about people doing what nature compels them to do, as if sitting around whining and daydreaming without doing anything about it makes you superior in any way.
    I think you fail to realise why our intuition is so different, even though all of us have a preference for Ni.

  8. #48
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    I think you fail to realise why our intuition is so different, even though all of us have a preference for Ni.
    Not really. You just misunderstood my intent and missed my point entirely, that if you make the (false) assumption that Ns are so magnificent and the creators of all new things then we can actually hold Ns responsible for altering the earth in a drastic and unnatural, unsustainable manner, because that means sensors just do what they have always done, and it is now solely the responsibility of the special Ns to correct those mistakes, since sensors are just stupid animals, Ns bear full responsibility, and those who are not actively solving the problem either aren't really Ns or they have no right to consider themselves superior, since they are failing at their "job" and just sitting around daydreaming and whining about being special snowflakes. I was able to build a theory for why being an N can actually be bad, based upon the ridiculous assumptions about N and S in this thread, and at other places on the internet.

    And you just regurgitated some stats and gave the most simplistic explanation possible, just like a big old Keirsey S.
    Likes fukuyama liked this post

  9. #49
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Not really. You just misunderstood my intent and missed my point entirely, that if you make the (false) assumption that Ns are so magnificent and the creators of all new things then we can actually hold Ns responsible for altering the earth in a drastic and unnatural, unsustainable manner, because that means sensors just do what they have always done, and it is now solely the responsibility of the special Ns to correct those mistakes, since sensors are just stupid animals, Ns bear full responsibility, and those who are not actively solving the problem either aren't really Ns or they have no right to consider themselves superior, since they are failing at their "job" and just sitting around daydreaming and whining about being special snowflakes. I was able to build a theory for why being an N can actually be bad, based upon the ridiculous assumptions about N and S in this thread, and at other places on the internet.

    And you just regurgitated some stats and gave the most simplistic explanation possible, just like a big old Keirsey S.
    I think you missed the sarcasm in my original post.

  10. #50
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    I think you missed the sarcasm in my original post.
    Idk, you referred to ESFJ and ISFP as dumb and dumber in your blog, so I had no reason to believe that it was sarcasm, unless calling SF types dumb and dumber was an attempt to provoke or troll others. At least I was trying to make a point, that if you claim you have more intelligence or power, then obviously you have more responsibility, and therefore should be hauling ass trying to be the change you wish to see in the world instead of despising the simple animals for being just what they are.

    You can't have it both ways. Either you are special, powerful and responsible, or you acknowledge Jung and his cognitive functions or Socionics instead of insulting stereotypes. I can make argument for why it is bad to be N just like anyone can claim it's bad to be S...if you build the argument on these assumptions, which you want to admit are false when turned around on you, eh?
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Do people always forget we exist because they think we have no personality?
    By INFPtheQuietOne in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2015, 11:49 PM
  2. Help i feel like i have no consciousness(not literally)
    By Rajko in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2014, 02:59 PM
  3. [MBTItm] How to sustain a conversation that you have no interest in?
    By BlackOp in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 10:32 AM
  4. Hi. I have no name and I'm an ISFP. I don't know what else to say lol
    By Ihavenoname in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
  5. I have no Libertarian Socialist!
    By booyalab in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 05:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO