User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Motor oil on hand? Work into hair and style by touch.

Same with coolant, trans fluid, axle grease, diff fluid, and engine grime. Much volume.
    tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers
    and you want to take her with you, to the hard land of the winter
    Likes chickpea, cm81, EJCC, Video, senza tema liked this post

Rainy Day Member

My hair is a bit too long, thick, and heavy to do some of the styles I would like. Generally, I wear it out—usually swept to one side over my shoulder so it doesn't go anywhere. Otherwise, I generally put it into a high ponytail or a high bun.

Here are some I would like to try someday:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    How do you usually wear your hair? Same thing every day? Favorite and least favorite hairstyles that you've rocked?
    I've had mostly the same hairstyle since I was 6-7 also. I can't be bothered to do anything else. I want to keep it clean, neat, and then forget it. For most of my school and college years, I wore it like this:

In recent years, I wear it a bit longer, and without layers, like this:

My hair is almost as dark as in these photos, though I'm not as attractive as these folks.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Childhood: long long old fashioned hair, later sometimes put into pigtails (or puppy tails, unbraided ponytails on each side of the head in my house)....then super short Dorothy Hamil/Mary Lou Retton styles were forced upon me because I didn't take care of my long hair, later I embraced it and let it get super short around 10-11 when I was in the height of my tomboy playing outside/watching horror movies/reading comic books phase.

Teens: after what were practically fist fights, I was allowed to grow my hair long again, first permed, then later in high school either Jennifer Aniston or Christy Hynde, some variation on a shoulder length face framing look, though by my senior portrait it had grown fairly long again.

Adult: as a young adult I briefly went back to short hair in the knowledge that being about twenty years old is probably the last time short hair would actually be flattering on me, as I think it makes women in their late twenties through fifties look even older (Unless they have the face for it, some do, mine is too round)..having gotten that out of my system, I went back to what worked from high school, though playing with different colors, and sometimes curling it like retro 80s hair....now my hair is super long, probably as long as it was when I was six, and I often wear it up to get it out of my face, though sometimes I make an old fashioned ringlet by my face to keep it from being severe (something I also did in about eigth grade when I was going through my delusional "the 19th century was fantastic" phase). But when going out or meeting up with boys on dates, of course I pride myself in being able to have very long hair, something I felt was stolen from me as a child, though I do see the Te pragmatic bent of it now, I think my step monster found it efficient since I was kind of a weird kind of emo tomboy.

Oh and flower crowns. I have two. No ringlet, no problem, just twisty knot, flower crown and go.

Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    Attachment 12979

That's the typical Sometimes, in a braid, sometimes up...anything more complicated than that doesn't happen.
    You once told me, you can give me your hair you just cut off and I said I don't want it... I am taking it back, sand it right now! Your hair is perfect!
    Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    My hair has been every length from a pixie cut to halfway down my back. It was interesting having long hair for a while; I learned different ways to braid it and put it in updos. But it got old really quickly. For one thing, my hair is very fine, and tangles absurdly easily. It just wasn't worth the pain and hassle of combing out the innumerable tangles every day.

I loved having a pixie cut -- especially when I discovered that with enough gel I could give myself a pretty badass fauxhawk -- but I found I'm too lazy to keep it trimmed regularly. Right now my hair is a little past my shoulders, with side bangs and lots of shaggy layers. Something like this:

Mostly I leave it down, but when I'm in a rush, I'll put it in a braid or ponytail. When I'm feeling especially ambitious, I'll put some soft curls in it. That's about it.
    Isn't a Cyclops' eye supposed to be in the middle of the forehead?

Seriously, if that at all resembles you, ...well done. (But do you ever get the hair hanging over the one eye blowing into the eye? I've always wondered about that when women have trailing bangs...)
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

I like variety! I wear it up; I wear it down; kinky; curly; wavy; straight. My favorite style for my hair is long and wavy, but I get headaches. My hair stylist said I have three heads of hair. I have it thinned and cut shorter in the summer.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Isn't a Cyclops' eye supposed to be in the middle of the forehead?

Seriously, if that at all resembles you, ...well done. (But do you ever get the hair hanging over the one eye blowing into the eye? I've always wondered about that when women have trailing bangs...)
    Nope, that's not me. This is me. With my hair more tamed than usual.

It doesn't actually get in my eyes. Although sometimes it gets stuck in my lip gloss. Which is gross and annoying.

Cute pics! I like your hair color a lot.

It doesn't actually get in my eyes. Although sometimes it gets stuck in my lip gloss. Which is gross and annoying.
    Hairspray is a necessary evil.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Oh, *that's* right. (snaps fingers)

You're the INTJ whom I, in my o'erweening pride, proclaimed to be an INFP by looking at the picture on the right, forsaking the telltale INTJ smirk in the other picture.

(changing the subject) --

a) how does your hair get caught in your lip gloss (i.e. can't you pony tail it back or something)? my analogous problem is having my mustache try to creep down over my upper lip...if I've let my shaving slide for a week longer than normal...(I have a full mustache & beard you see...)

(changing the subject again) --
    b) You mentioned somewhere you liked P.G. Wodehouse. Do you have a particular favorite story or character?
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.