User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

nobody ever taught me how to do my hair, and all the girly magazine tips didn't stick. i can't even do a bun without it looking really stupid. so I almost always wear it down, except for work when it's in an ugly ponytail. because I guess people would rather not have my hair in their food.

I tried to get bangs a few years ago and they were like fuck you you have a cowlick get out of my salon!!! (I might be paraphrasing)
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

My hair is cut in long layers, just below my shoulders. Now that I'm getting a few grays here and there, I have it colored very close to my natural color, a dark chocolate. I wear it up and down, depending on the day. Mostly up. I wear buns, braids, ponytails...whatever. I do this one a lot, it's flattering and it keeps it out of my face. Once I figured out how to do the braid that is.

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

something like this, or what's left of it.

Likes cm81, gromit liked this post

I get my hair cut short every 3-4 months. Not buzzed all the way down, but down to a few weeks' (3-4) worth of growth. I usually don't bother combing my hair at this stage, just throw some sort of gel product on and muss it up a bit.

By the end of one of these 3-4 month cycles I have a shaggy mop, which I'll endeavour to keep relatively tidy some days and on others just let it do what it will.

I'm trying to keep my hair shorter but it's a bit of a pain in the ass to find time to get it cut.

Apologies in advance for not having anywhere near as interesting a hairdo as the ladies here.

I sort of twist it and use a clip to the side of my head. Kind of a half up/half down ponytail curly messy thing. Or do a top knot. Occasionally a side braid. Not down much at all bc it reaaallly needs to be cut and looks scraggly. Haven't straightened it in ages.

Recently bc it's all I can do wtih my stupid elbow I've been doing an extremely messy side bun/knot.

I have to say, with my curly hair, I've bought some satin-y scrunchies and they are a miracle. I have gold and black. They hold everything in place but don't tear the hair. I don't care if I'm the only one who wears scrunchies. I love them. And I'm never going back.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Lazy around the house and clean, and doing nothing:

Down.
    (these pictures are better looking than my hair. But I like pictures.)

When I'm going somewhere too fast to do anything: Ponytail.

what I'm most known for: The regular braid. I'd love to be able to french braid, but I just suck at it. I've been trying for years, and I really do suck at it. So, regular braids it is for the every day life.

I also do rope braids occasionally when my hair is being too tangled/messy to braid.

When I need it completely out of my way for really hard work, or when someone has stolen my hair brush: Bun.

how I'd PREFER my hair to look daily if I didn't suck at doing hair and had time to do this shit:

Or, if I'm getting fancier for something:

Pretty much any fancy medieval braid would fancy me too.

I wish I had someone that was good with braiding that could put my hair in cool french braids for a couple days at a time. :/
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes EJCC, cm81, Nicki liked this post

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@kyuuei I love rope braids! I can never get them to look good. I have super fine hair so it just slips out.

Edit: just read the last part of your post. 'Hair Braider' was basically the only position I played on the many sports teams I was on in school. I always played for the sake of being involved and having fun, buy pretty much suck at all sports and don't have a very competitive spirit so I rode the bench a lot. But I did put french braids in like everyone's hair before games and sometimes practices, haha.

IOW: I would totally braid your hair.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    @kyuuei I love rope braids! I can never get them to look good. I have super fine hair so it just slips out.
    I read rape aids.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I love rope braids! I can never get them to look good. I have super fine hair so it just slips out.

Edit: just read the last part of your post. 'Hair Braider' was basically the only position I played on the many sports teams I was on in school. I always played for the sake of being involved and having fun, buy pretty much suck at all sports and don't have a very competitive spirit so I rode the bench a lot. But I did put french braids in like everyone's hair before games and sometimes practices, haha.

IOW: I would totally braid your hair.
    Oh man I really want some cool braids now! It's a cool useful talent to have.. I really suck at it.

Potential ways for bulking up a rope braid (which I don't need at all my hair is an afro mane mess and the rope braid is usually a weak way to tame it)
    - style it before hand (i.e. let the hair get poofy, messy, etc. from the shower... Or turn it into ringlets with the head-band-overnight technique beforehand, and then brush it out with your fingers so its bulky) or add bulk by teasing the hair a bit first. This calls for looser twists, but with some hair spray it might stay in place.
    - REALLY tight twists. If its twisted to the point of almost twisting into itself it'll end up standing out better.
    - Smaller twists. If it doesn't work so well either way, making it stand out more by making smaller twists on the side of your head with just some of your hair and doing the rest up in a bun might call attention to it.

If it's falling out from layers there's not much you can do except tie it with elastics as you go through the layers so it looks cohesive. But even thin hair shouldn't fall out of a rope braid done tightly.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Oh man I really want some cool braids now! It's a cool useful talent to have.. I really suck at it.

Potential ways for bulking up a rope braid (which I don't need at all my hair is an afro mane mess and the rope braid is usually a weak way to tame it)
    - style it before hand (i.e. let the hair get poofy, messy, etc. from the shower... Or turn it into ringlets with the head-band-overnight technique beforehand, and then brush it out with your fingers so its bulky) or add bulk by teasing the hair a bit first. This calls for looser twists, but with some hair spray it might stay in place.
    - REALLY tight twists. If its twisted to the point of almost twisting into itself it'll end up standing out better.
    - Smaller twists. If it doesn't work so well either way, making it stand out more by making smaller twists on the side of your head with just some of your hair and doing the rest up in a bun might call attention to it.

If it's falling out from layers there's not much you can do except tie it with elastics as you go through the layers so it looks cohesive. But even thin hair shouldn't fall out of a rope braid done tightly.
    You're totally right. I haven't really come up with good ways to texturize my hair besides teasing it or putting product in it. Curls are a good idea. I haven't tried it in a long time since I've had short hair for a while, but I'm not done trying! Thanks for the tips
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.