User Tag List

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: today I learned:

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

last night I learned, that neat martini's are gross but dirty martini's i could drink those like water. except not really i'd die of alcohol poisoning and dehydration, but mmmm olive brine is delish
    by @magpie

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

The inventor of Kwanzaa was a messed up dude who tortured women with hot curling irons. Yikes.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

MBTI
    isfj

The source of all wisdom, Wikipedia, taught me that some men have no chest hair at all!!! I was blind but now I see.

Junior Member Array QueenInnocence's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    ? Ni

Life doesn't change, but people do. Accept that not everyone is who you thought you knew.
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

The great Edward Herrmann died today. Farewell Richard Gilmore. (Good thing he had Rory pick out the furniture she wanted when he passed.)
    Last edited by Tellenbach; 01-03-2015 at 01:44 AM.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    "It's a Wonderful Life" was a box office bomb for RKO, losing over half a million dollars.
    I tried to watch this for the first time last year with some family, and after ten minutes decided that taking a long walk in the bitter cold would be more fun.

The mystery is how it ever gained the cultural traction that it eventually did.
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The two scariest female killers I can think of in the US recent history are the woman from the 70s who, along with her lover, murdered her husband, then afterwards they posed smiling and laughing with his nude mutilated corpse (they were also nude, you can see the photos at the Hollywood Museum of Death, as they actually were so methed out or something that they took the photos to a Rite Aid or some shit to be developed and were discovered by the lab tech)...and Theresa Jimmy Francine Knorr who abused her six children, then murdered two of them slowly while enlisting the help of the other children. One was burned alive and the other was starved to death in a closet. Knorrs crimes were so sadistic both police and a therapist initially dismissed the youngest daughters attempt to report the crimes as fiction. Anyway, in 19th century there was an Australian female serial killer named Frances Knorr. Frances Knorr was a baby farmer who also murdered children. Coincidence? I think not.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

In 2008, Medicaid spent $3.6 billion on antipsychotic medications.

The number of people treated for depression has tripled over the last 20 years and now, 1 in 10 Americans take antidepressants. ( From "The Body Keeps the Score: Brain Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma")
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

"Since October 1996 there has been no global warming at all (Fig. 1). This month’s RSS [1] temperature plot pushes up the period without any global warming from 18 years 2 months to 18 years 3 months." Christopher Monckton

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Roughly 80% of the bipolar disorder patients at Cambridge Hospital were neglected or abused as children, most before the age of 7.

The most important predictor of one's success in coping with life's dissappointments is the level of comfort he receives in the first two years of life.
    Likes Thalassa liked this post