User Tag List

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: today I learned:

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

ducks from asian owned grocery stores even if they're frozen tend to have there heads and feet attached still, nor do they write on the package how many lbs they are each.
    by @magpie

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Sharon (Hebrew: שָׁרוֹן,) is a female name that can be spelled with one "r" or two.

In some countries (like Israel), Sharon is a unisex name and it means "forest" in Hebrew.

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Many of the most popular Christmas carols are composed by Americans including:

The Christmas Song, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Winter Wonderland, White Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, The Little Drummer Boy, Silver Bells, Feliz Navidad, and many more.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Many of the most popular Christmas carols are composed by Americans including:

The Christmas Song, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Winter Wonderland, White Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, The Little Drummer Boy, Silver Bells, Feliz Navidad, and many more.
    But Carol of the Bells is from the Ukraine. Yeah a lot of our celebrated carols were composed in late 19th and early 20th century, by people like Burl Ives and Bing Crosby. I didn't know about Feliz Navidad though, seems Mexican.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

@Marmotini Feliz Navidad was written by the great New Yorker/Puerto Rican Jose Feliciano. Puerto Ricans are Americans.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It's like Kellogg's Corn Flakes. Is there a specialty section in grocery stores that's stocked with all the anti-masturbation food?
    Yeah, it's the next aisle over from the oysters...
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.
    Likes Ghost liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    You've heard of trekkies, but have you heard of "Windies"? These are 'Gone With the Wind' film fanatics. The average Windie has seen the film 100 times and they collect film memorabilia and visit film museums and like Trekkies, they strive to learn every minutiae about the film.

I still haven't seen it yet; it's on my 'to do' list.
    Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Likes Rambling liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    But Carol of the Bells is from the Ukraine. Yeah a lot of our celebrated carols were composed in late 19th and early 20th century, by people like Burl Ives and Bing Crosby. I didn't know about Feliz Navidad though, seems Mexican.
    Well, since you mentioned it...one of my favorite seasonal albums.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

"It's a Wonderful Life" was a box office bomb for RKO, losing over half a million dollars.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

In Ireland, Weight Watchers offers free weight loss classes for obese cats like this one: