User Tag List

Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: today I learned:

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Saoirse (Irish pronunciation: [ˈsˠiːɾʲʃʲə], [ˈsˠeːɾʲʃʲə] or [ˈsˠɯːɾʲʃʲə]; roughly SEER-shə) is an Irish and Scottish female given name meaning "freedom", which became popular in Ireland in the 1920s. - Wikipedia

I had no idea how to pronounce 'Saoirse' (Ronan) but her name was mentioned twice on the radio today. Evidently, the movie just released "Brooklyn" is very good, with a 99% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Saoirse (Irish pronunciation: [ˈsˠiːɾʲʃʲə], [ˈsˠeːɾʲʃʲə] or [ˈsˠɯːɾʲʃʲə]; roughly SEER-shə) is an Irish and Scottish female given name meaning "freedom", which became popular in Ireland in the 1920s. - Wikipedia

I had no idea how to pronounce 'Saoirse' (Ronan) but her name was mentioned twice on the radio today. Evidently, the movie just released "Brooklyn" is very good, with a 99% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
    She's a sweetie.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

She's all grown up. I'm not even a fan, but I've seen a ton of her movies: Atonement, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Lovely Bones, The Host, City of Ember, and Hannah. I'm starting to think that her name might be holding her back; few people know how to say it.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Today I learned that artichokes apparently bloom. I'm going to buy some and hope that they bloom.

Likes Smilephantomhive, Ghost liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

According to Andy Puzder, the CEO of Hardees/Carl's Jr, it takes:

1. 60 days to open up a Hardees in Texas;

2. 63 days to open up a Hardees in Shanghai, China,

3. 195 days to open up a Hardees in Siberia, Russia, and

4. 265 days to open up a Hardees in California.

That's right, it takes about 9 months to complete the permitting process to open up a restaurant in California. They have to get permits from the city, the county, and the state.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Scuba divers frequently pee in their wetsuits to stay warm. There is a 3 gas mixture of Helium, Oxygen, and Nitrogen that reduces the bends.

Oɴᴇ Dᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀ Tɪᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

ISTJ wouldn't tell me how to update this app on my phone (that can't be updated through the play store, that he downloaded for me). So I did some research and learned about apks and did it myself.

Mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    Save me from the things I see
    I can keep it from the world
    Why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

There was a clear version of Coca Cola nicknamed "White Coke" produced specifically for Soviet General Georgy Zhukov, who developed a taste for it around the end of World War II. Since he did not wanted to be seen drinking something that could be considered a symbol of American imperialism, White Coke was filled in bottles resembling those of vodka. The drink was manufactured in Austria and got a special permit so it could be shipped to the Soviet Union without the usual cumbersome customs procedures.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

This might be the shortest commencement speech ever given:

'Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.' - Winston Churchill

I wonder how Churchill would feel about UFC fighters tapping out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

When under stress bear cubs such their paws like little humans suck their thumb.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Kas liked this post