User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I think of the dynamic of the 80s a little like the 20s - rebellious, excessive, high-flying, dynamic, a sense of "epicness" and a sense of timelessness. The economy was good and the people were happy, the tempo was up and music and fashion were expressive and creative. There was some grit but overall everything was on the upswing, bright neon colors, big hair, powerful love ballads. Not to mention that for people in my age bracket (presumably yours as well), it was what was "cool" when we were little - the culture of the adults we admired and sought to imitate. I think we have both a sense of laughing at its ridiculousness because we have a sense of removal from it and embracing its high points because it's close enough to still feel familiar and safe.
    Eeeeenteresting.

Although I was alive during most of the 80s, I never got or felt the Zeitgeist (I was too young/not observant/sheltered something).

That was most informative.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Eeeeenteresting.

Although I was alive during most of the 80s, I never got or felt the Zeitgeist (I was too young/not observant/sheltered something).

That was most informative.
    Well, thank you! It is just my impression, but I think it's halfway decently representative of how a fair amount of my peers tend to feel about it.