User Tag List

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default DESCRIBE The Most Terrifying Thing That's Ever Happened To You

Even though I knew heights made me really dizzy, I paid $20 to go on a helicopter tour in a two-man copter with the pilot's seat on my right.

The copter was like the cheapest kind they make, it has no doors and a shoulder belt with no lap belt. As soon as I got in the thing I felt like I was about to fall out the door.

As the copter took off, I instinctively grabbed the pilot's hand that was between the two seats. (No we didn't "hold hands.") I only vaguely remember doing this because all I really remember was great fear and looking down. I couldn't help but look down, I had virtually nothing between me and certain death. Then the pilot told me to let go of his hand, which I was white-knuckling with all my might, so he could do some maneuver. He banked left, which practically gave me a heart attack because I was looking straight down at a river. And I had lost my only grip on safety. I tried to hang on to the shoulder belt, but it felt like a very thin string.

We landed, and thankfully, the tour was finally over. No I didn't ask for my money back.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Sleep Paralysis.

I "woke" up unable to move, except for my eyes. While I couldn't move I started seeing shadowy/ghastly figures near the door of my room and coat hanger. I wanted to yell/scream, but my body wouldn't let me. Everything was surreal to the point that my flight/flight response was in overload because I couldn't do anything. At that point my mind was racing to the point that I thought I might even die.

At some point, I just closed my eyes, hoping that when I woke up, the stupid images and my heart racing would just disappear.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

won't go into the most terrifying here...

however, waking up wearing strange clothes that don't fit and without shoes in a cold, cement room with a drain in the center and having no clue how you got there? pretty fucking creepy... first thought was "oh my god Jigsaw's got me!"

realizing that it was jail didn't make it any better... they control EVERYTHING... it's a control freak's worst nightmare. not to mention that the book selection was atrocious...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I hate sleep paralysis.

A car crash, feeling trapped, and feeling warm blood flowing down my face. Terrifying hardly describes it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

A few months ago, I saw an animal that I thought was a cat charging towards me, realized it was a racoon when it was about 10 feet away but luckily it turned away right before it got to me. Nobody was around

Another one is when I accepted a ride across town from a friend of my next door neighbor, realizing it was actually going to be from another guy who is a terrifying 50-something obese pimp who only wears overalls. Felt too late to back out. After a horribly uncomfortable car ride, in which he tells me how much he likes me and tries to convince me to put his number in my phone as "Mrs. T" so my boyfriend won't know, he drives PAST where I was trying to get dropped off, and assures me "I wouldn't kidnap you, I'm not like that" which was strangely not reassuring at all. I got dropped off in the end though, thank you lawd.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

One of these popped in front of me today while I was holding it in my hand (this is the second one I put into my reaction). Only the inner one popped; you use double walled balloons for a reason. I am quite jumpy so any sudden movement, noise, etc. will make me jump and or yelp. Considering what this was filled with, when I felt and saw it pop I really jumped and that internal shock feeling was super strong. Yay occupational hazards!

MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm not in this pic, I didn't take this pic, I had nothing to do with it. I swear!

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I'm not in this pic, I didn't take this pic, I had nothing to do with it. I swear!

Yeah that's foolish, especially since the real risk came from the eagle that swooped down and took off with the baby.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I was hiking on a snowy mountain, pretty high up and I suddenly heard and felt this warm gush of wind, turned out I was being attacked by a dragon! And I had to put on some skies and rush down the slope with the dragon chasing me. It was absolutely horrifying, but I managed to shake it off and come down in one piece.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf