User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Siblings

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Siblings

This is the thread to let it all out about your siblings.

How many do you have and what gender are they? Are you the oldest, youngest, middle child? Do you have any sibling rivalries? If they had one, who was your parents favorite when you were a kid? Who is now? Tell us funny or interesting stories about fights you had with your siblings when you were kids.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Two brothers, two sisters (technically half sisters). I'm the eldest and apparently after all these years I'm still looked up to (even my 16 year old sister is all about how I have my life together). Our ages are myself at 25, the family E at 23, the sick mule approaching 21, the recovering druggie at 16, and the little big girl at 14 (I think she got the biggest does of the Norse out of all of us).

Me and the E seemed to be the ones most at odds. I was either pushing him away or ripping him off of the mule whom he'd pick on in all kinds of interesting ways. Eventually the mule got into doing that to the girls so I had to step in and deal with that as well.

I think the youngest girl was my step dad's fave (not sure what the bones are thinking these days). Mom seems to have always liked the E; even though he flips from brutally using and abusing her to lavishing compliments on her all the time. I don't think my father has a favourite...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I have one younger brother (he's 18 months younger, so we're pretty close in age anyway).

We never had much in the way of sibling rivalry, just the regular relationship of a younger brother and an older sister (aka he annoyed me all the time).

I don't think my dad had a favorite, and my mom tried not to, but she liked hanging out with me more because I never whined or became annoying. Nowadays, it seems like it's balanced out dramatically, mostly because my brother has calmed down and matured somewhat.

I don't have many funny stories, but I always used to get my brother in trouble because he was loud and all I had to do was sit there quietly when he was being a brat or annoy him quietly and he'd attract the negative attention to himself by responding in his noisy fashion...no one expects the quiet ones to be the antagonists...

I have one brother who is two years younger. Growing up I was always the favorite because I was the smart one, got good grades, and never got in trouble. He was the one who was more popular, but also got caught doing some shady stuff a lot of the time.

Now that we're adults, I think he's the favorite. He has a steady job, a house, a wife and a two year old son. I'm still a starving artist who hasn't dated in a while and who is making the rent by hook or by crook.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

Warning: This post contains a high dose of bitterness, and it could've been a lot longer, so consider yourselves lucky I decided not to pull out my "stupid brothers, ruining my ... [whatever]"-rant in it's entirety.

Two older brothers who've always been close, they're 7 1/2 and 5 1/2 years older than me, so I was the little kid they'd avoid and put down whenever possible. I adored them, did everything for them, let them completely trash my self confidence for years. It was great fun. On vacations and other situations when we only had each other, they were all right, but it only lasted until we were back home. And then, 3/4 years ago, when they finally grew up and realized I was an actual person, and the middle one actually started wanting to spend time with me. (The other one got married and had two kids, and that softened him up a bit).

I am my mothers baby, she worries endlessly. And now that I've moved out, she gets to do the "look at you! You're obviously not eating enough! What about vitamins? Do people treat you well?"-thing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

It's funny, my 16 and 14 year old sisters still think I'm cool for some odd reason...

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    It's funny, my 16 and 14 year old sisters still think I'm cool for some odd reason...
    Younger siblings usually look up to the older ones, even when they have "no" reason.

My cousin, who's 4 years younger than me, I think, used to think I was the coolest person on earth. She laughed hysterically at everything I said, she asked to inherit all of my things when I was done with them, she even wanted my braces. Funny.

MBTI
    INXP

I have an older brother. I basically passively worship him. He has no idea.

I think he's at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival doing comedy of one sort or another. He's one of those people who are so lovely, intelligent, funny that it gets annoying.

I'm the one with the hump that crawls in the shadows, sneering at anyone who comes near me.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I'm the one with the hump that crawls in the shadows, sneering at anyone who comes near me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    This sounds like my youngest brother. He's ISFP, but life and perscribed psycotropics have left him pretty broken; he can't even work most jobs due to the pain he lives with. The basement of our granmother's house is his sanctuary, especially in times when his migranes flare up. Poor kid, a 21 year old should be out doing stupid shit, not curled up on his bed wishing he could die.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]