User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Siblings

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    This sounds like my youngest brother. He's ISFP, but life and perscribed psycotropics have left him pretty broken; he can't even work most jobs due to the pain he lives with. The basement of our granmother's house is his sanctuary, especially in times when his migranes flare up. Poor kid, a 21 year old should be out doing stupid shit, not curled up on his bed wishing he could die.
    Eek. Migraines. My dad gets those.

My isolation is self inflicted due to my previous quest of retreating the external world for cross-consciousness experience using music and film.

Sadly, I didn't know that the external world is what seems to fuel this experience. By the time I had worked it out, it was too late. A layer of anxiety and social contempt had built up too strong, to the extent that I had never developed the tools required do deal with the situation.

I don't think my brother ever went as deep as I did. He's ended up stronger for it. He's developed in a more rational way.

I wanted too much too soon. Hence my continued persecution of the selfish and hedonistic.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Don't punish yourself too long, or you'll miss more opportunities to get back on track. We all fuck up, but the quicker you whip yourself into shape as opposed to needless self-berration, the sooner you'll find your success.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Don't punish yourself too long, or you'll miss more opportunities to get back on track. We all fuck up, but the quicker you whip yourself into shape as opposed to needless self-berration, the sooner you'll find your success.
    It's good advice, runvardh. It's an experience, at least.

Now you'll have me musing over the subjectivity of aberration and success.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    It's good advice, runvardh. It's an experience, at least.

Now you'll have me musing over the subjectivity of aberration and success, now.
    LOL, just remember there's a point where over analysis keeps things from happening.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a brother who is 4 and 1/2 years older than me. When we were kids, he treated me like shit and I hated him. I'm pretty sure he suffers from a personality disorder or two. He enjoyed hurting me, lying to me, stealing from me, embarrassing me, etc. When I was 7, he forced me to inhale a cigarette - if I didn't, he would hit me. (Which he did.) When I was 11, he forced me to smoke marijuana. He used to make me mow the lawn when he was supposed to and then he would take the credit for it. He used to take my lunch money, when I was 11, to buy himself cigarettes. I never told on him much, I just figured he was my problem to handle. Oh, I fought him. I got my share of revenge. He made me extremely tough. Unfortunately, I was small for my age and he was big for his age so I usually lost the fights.

When I was 16 or 17, I realized I was actually a lot more mature than him and that he had issues. I never saw him the same again. I started to see him as my little brother, instead of my tough, crazy, and smart older brother. He wasn't able to outsmart or beat me up anymore, and I just thought he was the most pathetic person on Earth.

He was a jerk to everyone and he's never had any control over himself. He's been convicted of felonies, cannot drive (DUIs and accidents so he can't afford insurance), cannot find a job, has been a drug addict for as long as I can remember, and is a chronic liar. I don't hate him anymore and he feels really bad about everything he's done to me. He's apologized a lot of times and I forgive him. I don't care about the past. I don't ever think about this crap. My childhood was fine. I'm not tormented by it. I've been in the role of big brother for a long time, and I've helped him out in tons of ways. (Half the time to just get screwed over, it's in his nature.)

I look forward to having a normal relationship with him, if it's possible, and I hope he does well in life. Aside from everything I've said, we've actually had some good times together. I understand now that he never actually hated me. He's just messed up. Honestly, he does have a good heart, it's just like his brain doesn't work most of the time. It's a shame because he's very intelligent. If I had to guess, I'd say he's an ESTP with ADHD and personality disorders on top of that.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    infp

I'm the youngest of three, with a 20 year old brother and a 22 year old sister. My sister is a super hardworking medical student, my brother is a super smart but slacking pot smoker taking history and politics. Me and my brother get along extremely well, and I get along with my sister better than ever now.

My sister has always been what me and my brother percieve as exactly what our parents hope their kids can be, which is basically just amazing at school and out of trouble. I've had teachers tell me she was the best student they ever had. I used to be bitter about that, because I'm always mediocre in school, despite having just as much intelligence and talent as my sister, but now I don't really care. I've come to admire her work ethic quite a lot.

My brtoher is really awesome... thats all I have to say about that

MBTI
    INFP

My sister is 3 & 1/2 years older than I am. We are extremely close. She is ISFJ. She is my hero. She has the best advice, and she is really smart, humble, artistic, talented, self-motivated, stylish, successful, independent, fun.. you name it. She is down-to-earth, but in a way perfect.

I try to grow toward the light she's growing toward.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm the youngest of three, with a 24 year old sister and 21 year old sister. My oldest sister is pretty much the typical hardworking never get in trouble smart kid. She's an INFJ so shes always been very emotional(especially by my standards) but very thoughtful and considerate so its impossible for anyone too stay mad at her. My other sister has always been a social butterfly(ENFP) so she was kind of the misfit/rebel in the family( only other E is my mom who's a lot more J and mature/wise).

Growing up me and my older sister were sort of compared to our oldest sister because she was very obedient, hardworking, and got good grades, However me and my sister were just as smart as our oldest sister just more non-conformist in regards to school specifically authority. I'd say my 21 year old sister is a lot more creative, quicker and open minded than my oldest sister but I don't think she has my curiosity.

Having said that though I was the lazy S.O.B who spent most of my time arguing my way out of trouble/doing any work so I never really did well in school despite the fact I was just as smart which killed my parents and royally pissed of my teachers(big time smart ass)... also my soccer coaches(only try my best when I was arsed).
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I forgot about this thread.