User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 34

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Commendable musical taste, though I prefer Beethoven's 7th, especially this:

    A very NTP-ish take on theme & variations form.

    I struggle to relate to Beethoven's 7th, TBH. A lot of that is due to how much of the focus is on rhythmic as opposed to melodic patterns, something Beethoven did deliberately.

    What I was trying to convey in my last comment was how all those pieces have characteristics that I can identify with my personality. They are all deeply emotional and somewhat melancholy, but have a certain intellectual distance about them, as well as being highly directional and well-structured. I.e. a balance of reason and passion.

  2. #12
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Okay the one I posted before was back after I rewatched Spirited Away and I was feeling more gentle/sentimental so here's one that captures more of who I am as a person and upon first impression.



    I love the piano mixed with the hip-hopish sounds.
    That one's great for you. Welcoming and sweet but also with a groove \m/

    Reminds me a bit of the Besaid Island music from Final Fantasy X.



    (Also, I edited my song choices as well )
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  3. #13
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    This fits really really well. It captures my directness, emotionality, mix of light/dark and many other things all in one. Wd have a winner.

    Interesting. I wouldn't have been able to find those emotions in the piece, but at the same time I'm not an electronic music enthusiast. I dig the groove in the first part though -- and the album cover pic at the beginning is fantastic. Actually, that cover portrays a lot of the things you're describing too.

    (Is that synthesized accordion I hear?? Where do you find this stuff?)

    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  4. #14
    Paranoid Android Video's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Hey, one of my favorite composers. I'm partial to Britain's style of classical music.

    I'll contribute to my own thread when I'm done overthinking it.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

    RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

    Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

  5. #15
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    A very NTP-ish take on theme & variations form.

    I struggle to relate to Beethoven's 7th, TBH. A lot of that is due to how much of the focus is on rhythmic as opposed to melodic patterns, something Beethoven did deliberately.

    What I was trying to convey in my last comment was how all those pieces have characteristics that I can identify with my personality. They are all deeply emotional and somewhat melancholy, but have a certain intellectual distance about them, as well as being highly directional and well-structured. I.e. a balance of reason and passion.
    Interesting. If I had to choose a single favorite composer, it would be J.S. Bach, and I have often wondered whether he was INTP, but never considered the same about Beethoven. Of course writing one INTP-ish piece is not a good indicator of type. I enjoy the contrapuntal nature of Bach, how it all fits together like a puzzle. I enjoy both listening to it and playing it. I suppose it is not the most emotionally expressive music out there, but I like what/how it makes me feel.

    The Tallis Fantasia, on the other hand, just comes out of left field, registering for me much as you describe your selections above.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Interesting. If I had to choose a single favorite composer, it would be J.S. Bach, and I have often wondered whether he was INTP, but never considered the same about Beethoven. Of course writing one INTP-ish piece is not a good indicator of type. I enjoy the contrapuntal nature of Bach, how it all fits together like a puzzle. I enjoy both listening to it and playing it. I suppose it is not the most emotionally expressive music out there, but I like what/how it makes me feel.

    The Tallis Fantasia, on the other hand, just comes out of left field, registering for me much as you describe your selections above.
    I explained in another thread, I think it was about typing favourite artists, why Beethoven's way of constructing a piece of music is suggestive of Ne. Comparing Beethoven to Bach is something I myself did but in hindsight shouldn't have. The musical forms of the Baroque were different to those between 1750 and 1910. I think Bach was a Ni composer though.

  7. #17
    A Gentle Whisper ~MS*ANGEL~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

    MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/


  8. #18
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I explained in another thread, I think it was about typing favourite artists, why Beethoven's way of constructing a piece of music is suggestive of Ne. Comparing Beethoven to Bach is something I myself did but in hindsight shouldn't have. The musical forms of the Baroque were different to those between 1750 and 1910. I think Bach was a Ni composer though.
    The biggest impression I get from Bach is Ti. Ni seems more like Beethoven. Should look for the composer typing thread - later.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  9. #19
    Senior Member renaiziphonts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    9W1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Okay, here is one of my favorite contemporary composers: Helen Jane Long.

    She has a way with emotion and forcefully light music. This song has such a strong synesthesiac connection for me that I can feel the wind in my face when I listen to it, and remember what I was doing when I first heard it, and several others too. It connects to me in a way few songs have.

    Last edited by renaiziphonts; 07-16-2014 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Oops, didn't see the instrumental part.

  10. #20
    Sweet Ocean Cloud SD45T-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,757

    Default



    1954 Stratocaster, serial #0001 . Compressor, Tube Driver, Digitech Whammy (set to shift up an octave), delay.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

    "I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Similar Threads

  1. Posts songs that describe your current mood
    By alcea rosea in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4766
    Last Post: Yesterday, 03:37 PM
  2. Songs That Make You Happy
    By Gloriana in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-23-2015, 09:44 PM
  3. Share something that makes you happy.
    By Lux in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 11:32 AM
  4. Songs that give you goosebumps...
    By Sparrow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 06:51 AM
  5. Ze Inspirational Song Thread (post songs that inspire you)
    By Amethyst in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 02:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO