User Tag List

First 23456 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Jeffster, posts like these are why I you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Why do people say "believe it or not" so much? I mean, why wouldn't I believe it? What kind of stupid question is that?

Anyway, I was driving home from San Antonio today and just taking everything in from my view in the driver's seat like I usually do, when it occurred to me why learning about this personality type stuff has been so cool to me.

I've often had conversations with people that start with something like "you know how when you're driving and you see the clouds and it's like they're looking down on the road and smiling and the sun and the wind are just dancing and shaking parts of themselves down all over the place forming this montage of images and smells and feelings?"

And then the other person gives me that look which says "no, I have no idea what you're talking about, please return to your home planet soon"

Those kinda things used to depress me, because I had this kinda "nobody gets it, I'm the only one" attitude, and what reading about the personalities and temperaments has done is make me realize that everybody feels that same way sometimes and I'm really not as alone as I think I am. Now, I'm not trying to go all Stuart Smalley on you, don't worry, but I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it..get the outta my way, I'm trying to drive here!

Actually, one of my most common thoughts in my head is hurry up! Especially while driving. Or at the grocery store. Or..well, most places. I did all of those things today. I was at an intersection and I figure out I'm not going to be able to turn left for awhile, there's no light, it's a stop sign and there's cars coming from both ways. So I said screw this, I'm turning right, then left at the next light then back right and then I'm on my way. So I do it and as I finished turning around in the parking lot and turn right onto the street...

NT friend in the car with me: "this took longer than if you had just waited and turned left."

Me: "You don't get it, man. I can't just sit there waiting, I've got to make something happen."

NT: "That makes no sense, you didn't make anything happen, you just look a longer route to the same destination."

Me: "Nah, sitting there would have felt longer, trust me."

NT: "......"

Me: Yeah. Hey hurry up! Get out of my way!

(this conversation has been brought to you by Snickers. It really satisfies.)

So, wait, what was I talking about?

Oh yeah, stimulating the senses. It's what I live for. And I'm more of an audio guy. Music, voices, sounds of all kinds really radiate in me. I'm pretty clumsy, and I bruise and scrape myself on a regular basis (my little brother calls me The Oaf.) When i cut myself, musical notes come out in my blood. Now I never really learned to play an instrument, I've never been good at the technical side of music at all. To me, music is all about the flow and the feeling, and the way the sounds come together and make the ears tell every other part of the body to start shaking and feeling and shivering and sweating. I was listening to "Hold On" by Sarah McLachlan last night. I've heard the ISTP type referred to as "the Crafter." "Hold On" is a perfectly crafted song. But it makes me feel. I'm sweating when it's over because how can you hear that song and not get into it. It starts slow and builds the tension and emotion and power throughout to where every sensation ripples through my body and makes my heart pound, pushing the blood everywhere until it's over suddenly and then I've got let the air around me cool me off.

Here ya go...

Happy Sensing, and Good night.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Note:

I am somewhat overwhelmed right now, because I have been seething with inside for so long, for oh so many of you!!!

Many more posts of wubbiness to come!!!

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Jeffster, posts like these are why I you!!!

Thanks for linking me to the awesome Sarah McLachlan song again. The only problem with that is I'm always sweating when it's over.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sass, you know I you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post

"Of course, it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. We have to use the indefinite article, a dildo, never your dildo."
    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post

I used to be a libertarian but I realized that the 19th century was the free market utopia they want and it sucked.

Now I am sort of a liberal but not a government-solves-everything liberal because I know that people will use the power of the state to exploit people for personal gain just as they use the corporations to exploit us.

I am socially liberal in a "live and let live just don't hurt anyone" way.

Abortion: Not your womb, not your problem. Safe and legal. Old virgin men who have devoted their lives to their invisible friend should have no say in the matter (and should probably be committed).

Gay marriage: Marriage is bullshit, let everyone, gay or straight, make each other next of kin or whatever needs to be done.

Death penalty: No. If there is sufficient evidence to convict they get life in prison and no parole. If the body was in the guy's fridge break out the cattle prod and make him wish there was a death penalty.

God on money/in the pledge/etc: Remove all invisible friends from state/public stuff. The pledge is fascist bullshit anyway.

Guns: Put guns on a scale, the more powerful the harder to get. Bolt action .22? Licensed and registered. Semi auto pistol? Prove you need it, L&R. Assault rifels? Illegal for non law enforcement/military.

FCC: I want to see boobs on cable in the afternoon and hear George Carlin on the radio. To hell with the christian taliban's warped morality.

Free and equal health care and education for everyone.

Bring home the military and sack Halliburton. This is all the CIA's fault anyway, they've been making a mess of things for 50 years.

Tell the **AAs to STFU and DIAF. 7 year copyrights and no more. If someone is downloading your shit I doubt they would have bought it anyway. It's their own fault they haven't kept up with technology.

All muslim nations should be converted to secular matriarchal dictatorships. Any man who harms a woman should be promptly crucified.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I hope people realize the depth of intellect found in gents like Wildcat and Victor.

A rare gem, them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Those weren't even my own favorites, though.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    for Rajah (because she's dirty minded )
    What did I do? I'm pure and pristine!

I... suppose. Yeah!

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I think you all are okay, but I'm not brimming with love or anything. I mean, I'd totally hang out with some of you if lots of alcohol were involved, but the night's probably not going to end in a backrub or anything.

Oh.

I... suppose. Yeah!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Some words of wisdom I'm particularly proud of:

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'm not crossing the limit, I'm raising the bar!