User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    None of these posts are even memes. 4chan would be disappointed.
    >"What's Wrong With This Meme?"
    >none of them are memes
    >mfw

I FEEL ALRIGHT
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    In all my years on the internet I have never been bombarded with so many stupid, ridiculous and retarded memes as when I first joined Facebook. Most memes are not only incredibly stupid, they are just plain wrong-headed and ignorant.

So I thought I'd start a thread on the subject. And to start off, here is one of the strangest, stupidest and most ridiculously ignorant memes I have seen in a long time:

The logos are on the left, while your choice of logo is numbered on the right in American Sign Language. What could be wrong with that? It's simple, once you know just a little ASL.
    The hand sign for 3 is wrong. It should be thumb and first two fingers. At least that's what I remember from the ASL classes I took long ago.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    >"What's Wrong With This Meme?"
    >none of them are memes
    >mfw

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    This one is easy.

Pongo Pygmaeus?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    The hand sign for 3 is wrong. It should be thumb and first two fingers. At least that's what I remember from the ASL classes I took long ago.
    YOUGOTIT!!!!!!!!!

And technically, the hands should be turned around.

For those of you who couldn't get it - don't ass-ume everything you see is correct, even the sign language from an ASL facebook page can be effed up.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

I thought these would be easy. Joseph and Mary weren't married when Jesus was conceived, that's why they had to flee to Bethlehem, where nobody knew them, after having kept the pregnancy hidden for all those months.
    Actually, Joseph and Mary were betrothed, which was nearly equal to being married, except they didn't engage in sexual activity. But it was common for a betrothed couple to refer to themselves as husband and wife. If for some reason the betrothal was annulled, there would have to be a divorce decree. It was much more binding than our modern engagement.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    Actually, Joseph and Mary were betrothed, which was nearly equal to being married, except they didn't engage in sexual activity. But it was common for a betrothed couple to refer to themselves as husband and wife. If for some reason the betrothal was annulled, there would have to be a divorce decree. It was much more binding than our modern engagement.
    Yes, I know, they were betrothed, which means they had all the responsibilities of marriage but without any of the fun that goes with it. But I don't know if the betrothed male referred to the female as his wife.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm really not getting the Pawn Stars one. (Besides the fact that it's not a meme.) What's wrong with it?

Yes, I know, they were betrothed, which means they had all the responsibilities of marriage but without any of the fun that goes with it. But I don't know if the betrothed male referred to the female as his wife.
    Indeed, he did. Another example of this is 2 Corinthians 11:2 when Paul says to the church at Corinth, "I have espoused (betrothed) you to one husband that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm really not getting the Pawn Stars one. (Besides the fact that it's not a meme.) What's wrong with it?
    They're not brothers, they're friends. Maybe they're "bros" at best, but definitely not brothers.