User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is the most threatening to humanity?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dragons

3 23.08%
  • Unicorns

1 7.69%
  • Mermaid/mer-people

0 0%
  • Bigfoot

0 0%
  • Rainbow Brite

2 15.38%
  • Leprecauhns

1 7.69%
  • Devil Whales

1 7.69%
  • Centaur

1 7.69%
  • Other

4 30.77%
First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    As the new X-Men movie is coming out, it is timely to consider the threats that geneticists will unleash on humanity.

My top picks for dangers to humanity:

1. Mermaids/mer-people - The king mermaid is antagonist to humanity and has problems with us fishing. This will decrease the food supply and increase famine. Mermaids are difficult to hunt and kill because they can hide on the ocean floor.

2. Rainbow Brite - It flies and rainbow powers will be used to attack drones and planes, and it sings and brainwashes children.

3. xNTP's - We all know they're the ones who mess with things, put DNA of a jellyfish into a mouse to make it glow and create threats.
    @theDarkSide --

If you capture children's hearts and minds, you've got the next generation: and hence the will of humanity to resist.

Oh_The_Huge_Manatee1393262633.jpg
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Bigfoot, or perhaps even a group of several bigfeet.
    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I think dragons
    What if the Bigfeets tamed a dragon? Then you'd have flying Bigfeets.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Here's an article that details the problems of Jimmy Neutron and supports the idea that xNTP's are a problem (Inside the Mind of the MBTI Maniac: Ne Brainstorming vs Ni Forecasting)

Ne Brainstorming vs Ni Forecasting

Ne, or extroverted intuition, focuses on the possibilities of the world around it. It sees what could in the present situation it is analyzing. Ni, or introverted intuition, focuses on the possibilities of all the information it has internalized. It uses its store of information to predict what will happen in the future. "I wonder what would happen if...." is a common thought to cross the the minds of both an Ne and Ni user. Because Ne is focused on the present and Ni is focused on the future, Ne will be prone to brainstorming and Ni will be prone to forecasting.

Ne's enjoyment of the present and dislike of the future causes it to generate a long list of ideas rather than make a single well thought out one. It operates based upon the ideas that come into it. If an Ne user were to have this run through their mind," I wonder if making my shoes and gloves really sticky would allow me to climb up the side of a building," and they genuinely wanted to know if it could work, they would not be satisfied thinking about why it would not work, but would want to do everything in their power to make it happen. Thinking about the potential problems such as,"There currently is not a strong enough adhesive that could dry quickly enough to support my weight, and if there was one, it would not be able to move my hands or feet to allow me to continue climbing," is not the natural mind set of an Ne user. The Ne simply wants to enjoy its ideas and not worry about the problems or practical implications.

The main plot surrounding the show Jimmy Neutron, a young INTP, was Jimmy having to save his town from the unforeseen problems his inventions produced. He was an Ne experimenter who did not think of the consequences of his actions.

Ni is the Yin that completes Ne's Yang because it focuses on its knowledge and wisdom to create a forecast of future events. Ni will take what it knows and imagine the conclusion its information gives. Ni users like to think about getting college degrees, and the future careers they will grant. If they have a Lincoln town car, they will imagine using it to create a limousine service for teenagers going to school dances. When presenting an idea to an Ni user it may feel like they are cruelly shredding your ideas to pieces, but just like the disciplinary parent they believe they are doing it for your own good because they would hate to see you do something they could see going no where. Ni users that are full of accurate knowledge will make accurate forecasts.

While Ni users have the natural skill of prediction, the accuracy of there predictions depends upon the accuracy of the knowledge they have received. Ben Bernanke, an INTJ, as a follower of Keynesian economics, could not predict the housing bubble. If he had predicted the housing bubble he would be using information he did not believe. INTJs are open minded to ideas that fit into their view of the world, but closed off to anything that does not fit into their field of vision

To be well rounded individuals, Ne users cannot focus solely on the ideas of the moment, and Ni cannot focus solely upon their independent views of the world and future. Ne users will benefit from learning to think through their ideas, and Ni users will benefit from learning to see the validity of possibilities they did not envision themselves. So, whether you use Ne or Ni you will have strengths and weaknesses to overcome.

Below is a video of Bernanke denying the existence of a bubble several times.
    Ben Bernanke was Wrong - YouTube

Society

this is absurd prejudice on the OP part:
    for starters, mer people can't breed naturally, so i really don't know what threat you think they pose.
    the GM centaurs tribes roaming the martian planes might seem barbaric at first sight, but for the most part have largely abandoned industrial infrastructure in favor of a anarcho-primitivist society, maintaining only information technology and medicine. sure there has being the occasional raping and pillaging, but in mass they are harmless.
    and unicorns? they are among the worst victims of the GM industry! aggressively shoving extra brain tissue into a hollow horn so we can fulfill childlike ;fantasies of wise & understanding horses without destroying their aesthetic appeal? you do realize the average unicorn will get a stroke before it has grown up? not to mention the life long migraines.
    leprecauhns and bigfoot.... well, that's my combined lineage, i am not willing to get into that.

and dragons are just dumb, everyone knows that.

I see no crab people in the poll.

I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Devil whales, I'm telling you! Devil whales!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    this is absurd prejudice on the OP part:
    for starters, mer people can't breed naturally, so i really don't know what threat you think they pose.
    I didn't realize I was being absurd. I'm slightly relieved by this info, but I still don't trust anything that has fins and talks.

the GM centaurs tribes roaming the martian planes might seem barbaric at first sight, but for the most part have largely abandoned industrial infrastructure in favor of a anarcho-primitivist society, maintaining only information technology and medicine. sure there has being the occasional raping and pillaging, but in mass they are harmless.
    Yes, they're really lovely people, except for the occasional raping and pillaging, but that's just their way of showing respect. We should be flattered...I was sent to Mars to civilize them and I was surprised by their advancement. They didn't understand t-shirts though. We brought them t-shirts to wear, and the women would cut circular holes in the chest area and wear them that way. *sigh* It wasn't attractive, at least not to me.

and unicorns? they are among the worst victims of the GM industry! aggressively shoving extra brain tissue into a hollow horn so we can fulfill childlike ;fantasies of wise & understanding horses without destroying their aesthetic appeal? you do realize the average unicorn will get a stroke before it has grown up? not to mention the life long migraines.
    Can't you people just let the kids have their fun? Do you have to ruin it for everyone this way?

leprecauhns and bigfoot.... well, that's my combined lineage, i am not willing to get into that.
    Bigfoot disgraced my family. I won't get into it, but your people know what he did. I'll never forgive Bigfoot. Never! ....And the leprecauhn still owes me gold.

and dragons are just dumb, everyone knows that.
    lol

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I see no crab people in the poll.
    That's because that's suppa

The Crimson rivers - it is necessary ro prevent in-breeding

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I wonder why I considered the opinions of a leprecauhn-Bigfoot offspring. Unlikely that you have humanity's best interests in mind, but you pretend to. You're devious like that. Must get that from your leprecauhn side, but Bigfoot is a trickster too, much worse than the media gives him credit for. The beef jerky commercials are propaganda to convince us believe that Bigfoot is harmless, but it isn't true. Bigfoot's an arsonist and I've been concerned about him taming the dragons. He'll around committing lots of arson. A terrible devastation to humanity, but a great victory for your people, I'm sure. My fears about the magical creatures forming an alliance against us have been confirmed by your existence, you leprecauhn-Bigfoot scum...

Just what do you look like anyway? A tall hairy leprecauhn? Tell me where you live. I want to be your friend. I forgive you for the atrocities against my people.