User Tag List

Thread: Ideal life

MBTI
    infp

Default Ideal life

When you imagine exactly how you want life to be, what is it like, and how does it contrast with reality?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Life is pretty different from what I imagined it would be.

Can't say it's BAD. Just different. Better in a lot of ways. Had things turned out the way I imagined them.... ugh, I don't even want to think about who I'd be married to, where I'd be living, and what I'd be doing for a living. (I refer to real life shit)

Real life, as it turns out, has me single, starting over in a new career that pays 30% more than it did in my previous job, and I live 2 hours away from most of my family members.

Different, but not bad, and better in a lot of ways. I'll go with it.

MBTI
    INxJ

I imagine myself as a mad scientist left to my own whims to do research on whatever pleases me, while getting paid well for it. I wish I could get over my insane need for space because I'd really like to share my life with a nice individual in the far future. Concerning that, I suppose I'd have to find a compatible person first.

Currently, I'm too phobic to live with anyone. I'm getting a second degree because my first one wouldn't pay what I need to get out of debt.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Hmm...

I'd want to have my own business or work with someone I trust (no being an employee, please), maybe in genealogy or freelance translation or something creative. I'd want to live near an interesting city - big or medium, just needs to have more to do than a mall. Meet a lot of interesting people with similar interests. I'd want to live in a small house or apartment and travel by bus or metro or bike, since I'd be able to see more of the area that way. I don't think I'd want kids or marriage...maybe just a good long-term boyfriend for the extent of this imagining. Be a good money saver so I can afford periodic trips out of the country. I guess just a lot of freedom (or at least the illusion of freedom) for exploration (academic, creative, whatever) would be good...and once again, no being an employee. That's the most important part.

Now I'm a college student living at home in a suburb which is like 20 minutes from anything, so it's pretty boring, but I still make myself stay home a lot to save on gas. I'm not scheduled to move out for at least another semester. I'm not an employee currently, which is nice . But I dread being one in a couple of years.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    ISTx

I don't ask for much out of life. It's possible (and I hope) that my life is moving in an "ideal" direction. I just want to stay close (in relationship) to my family, find a nice woman to marry, have a kid or two, find a stable and rewarding job, stay in good health and just live life.

I don't think that that's too much to strive for.