User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    (I'm one of those people with light skin who can tan well but not burn easily.)
    Grrrr. Consider me jealous. I'm one of those people who burns upon contact with the sun, peels, and is still all-but-egg-white when the burning heals up. Which leads to the "Kelric strategy" for tanning. It goes sort of like this:

Pasty White...
    Is Quite All Right!

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Grrrr. Consider me jealous. I'm one of those people who burns upon contact with the sun, peels, and is still all-but-egg-white when the burning heals up. Which leads to the "Kelric strategy" for tanning. It goes sort of like this:

Pasty White...
    Is Quite All Right!

Word.

I have found that about 6-12 months of living in San Diego also will cause me to very slowly acquire a very light tan on my arms (this is as dark as I get, baby, and it's the only time I've ever had a tan (usually it's pasty->red->pasty))... I'd call this medium-pasty: It's clearly darker than my legs, which live in my pants and retain my normal ultra-pasty color, but not really a normal tan as people envision them.

It appears that it's best to go from pasty over extended periods of time naturally, rather than with short/intermittent periods of intense exposure.

Random Off/On-Topic Thought: I hope we get some delicious cloud cover so I can go hiking this weekend.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, I can't in good conscience advise anyone to purposefully tan. There's no shame in using some of that gradual self-tanning lotion on your milky parts. Manbewbs and all.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post

I'm broke/can't spend $ because I'm going on vacation to my sister's wedding. The beach is rather close and I'm thinking I'll go lay out and listen to my headphones at the beach or something this weekend (don't only girls lay out with the intent of getting a tan? Oh well.). What works to get a decent tan? I know there's tanning oil. Can you mix that with sunscreen as not to burn, or is it one or the other (no homo)? I have fair to average skin complexion. I don't burn up like a Vampire but I don't turn into an Indian either.

Thanks for helping me learn my way through life, MBTIc.

(I should be ashamed of this thread, right?)
    How cute. lol