User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 34

  1. #21
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    OMG, Merc, you're hitting the gym AND tanning yourself? You are so ready for SoCal. Hahahahaa. Folks from NorCal are pretty pasty. Except for the naturally pigmented ones...of which others have pointed out enough in my lifetime for me to know that I am not one of.

    OMG, wtf kinda sentence was that. Someone needs to pay me for verbiage like that. Sentences like that don't happen by accident.

    Seriously though Beat, fake bake spray tan. There's no shame in it...actually there is. BUT, nobody watches supposedly and if you get a good formulation it will look natural. It will at the least give you a 'base' to tan from.

    The way I actually tanned thsi summer is gradually over 2 weeks by just running around outside w/o spf on my body. (With spf I just will not tan) The downsides? Farmer's tan. Not cute. And my upper body, particularly my arms are 2 shades darker then my legs. And oh yeah, possible skin cancer.

    However, I slather spf and cover my face with a dorky fisherman's hat that my friend let me borrow and big sunglasses. I have my priorities straight. LOL. I doubt anyone will be checking out my knees when I'm 45 to inspect sun damage but my face will be right there.

    And at least the rest of me is not glowing in the dark anymore. You might want to think about SPF-ing your face and wearing a cap and then just using bronzer on your face later. Go ahead, embrace your womanly side. Women can get away with faces that are lighter than our bodies, but I'm not so sure about guys.

    Seriously, especially since you're in the military you may as well try to minimize environmental exposure to your face when you have the chance.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  2. #22
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if you have a back yard with a fence go outside naked and bake.
    I'd love to. I'd probably search for exotic bugs and berries at the same time and live out some Amazon tribesmen regimen just for fun. Alas, I don't have any available privacy .

  3. #23
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    OMG, Merc, you're hitting the gym AND tanning yourself? You are so ready for SoCal. Hahahahaa. Folks from NorCal are pretty pasty. Except for the naturally pigmented ones...of which others have pointed out enough in my lifetime for me to know that I am not one of.

    OMG, wtf kinda sentence was that. Someone needs to pay me for verbiage like that. Sentences like that don't happen by accident.

    Seriously though Beat, fake bake spray tan. There's no shame in it...actually there is. BUT, nobody watches supposedly and if you get a good formulation it will look natural. It will at the least give you a 'base' to tan from.

    The way I actually tanned thsi summer is gradually over 2 weeks by just running around outside w/o spf on my body. (With spf I just will not tan) The downsides? Farmer's tan. Not cute. And my upper body, particularly my arms are 2 shades darker then my legs. And oh yeah, possible skin cancer.

    However, I slather spf and cover my face with a dorky fisherman's hat that my friend let me borrow and big sunglasses. I have my priorities straight. LOL. I doubt anyone will be checking out my knees when I'm 45 to inspect sun damage but my face will be right there.

    And at least the rest of me is not glowing in the dark anymore. You might want to think about SPF-ing your face and wearing a cap and then just using bronzer on your face later. Go ahead, embrace your womanly side. Women can get away with faces that are lighter than our bodies, but I'm not so sure about guys.

    Seriously, especially since you're in the military you may as well try to minimize environmental exposure to your face when you have the chance.
    I actually have a decent farmers tan going. The lack of color under my shirt and on my legs is pretty bad though. I'm trying to fix that a little bit.

    I'm not going to use a fake tan spray. lol

  4. #24
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Fine, but wear sunglasses and a big floppy hat. And tie it around your head with a pretty scarf. It will put a little extra hop in your jump.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  5. #25
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Fine, but wear sunglasses and a big floppy hat. And tie it around your head with a pretty scarf. It will put a little extra hop in your jump.
    I would love to see a vid of beat in this attire and nothing else.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  6. #26
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    ^^

    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  7. #27
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    ^^



    you were the one that mentioned the scarf and glasses and hat and him with a hoppity step
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #28
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Hey, Beat...


    Make sure that you under-do it rather than risk going for a day where you try to absorb all the UV you can.

    Because often when people get too much sun they start peeling really badly about a week after. I've done that when I didn't even burn, only got a lot of sun. (I'm one of those people with light skin who can tan well but not burn easily.)

    It'll look better if you simply look healthy and not super-tanned than being all red or simply peeling for wedding photos.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  9. #29
    almost nekkid scantilyclad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I don't know if this works to protect your skin, but what I used to do (back in the day when I was quite tan) was put on sunblock all over my body, and then spray spf 8 coconut (banana boat) tanning oil on myself and rub myself down. Feels good man.
    Did this turn anyone else on?


    I don't really know much about tanning. i burn within 5 minutes of being out in the sun, so i just..don't go outside, but i would say that if you don't burn, what dana suggested sounds like it would be helpful.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

  10. #30
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Fine, but wear sunglasses and a big floppy hat. And tie it around your head with a pretty scarf. It will put a little extra hop in your jump.
    No C-zee, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Hey, Beat...


    Make sure that you under-do it rather than risk going for a day where you try to absorb all the UV you can.

    Because often when people get too much sun they start peeling really badly about a week after. I've done that when I didn't even burn, only got a lot of sun. (I'm one of those people with light skin who can tan well but not burn easily.)

    It'll look better if you simply look healthy and not super-tanned than being all red or simply peeling for wedding photos.
    Sounds good.

    Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Did this turn anyone else on?
    Yeah, I went into a momentary, slow-motion Baywatch-esque type day dream but shook my head and snapped out of it.

Similar Threads

  1. n00b to MBTI/Help This Teenage Dirtbag Out with Their Type
    By deftones in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 04:38 PM
  2. Enneagram n00b needing help in distinguishing type/tritype!
    By alphashallows in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 08:12 PM
  3. 1 yr. MBTI Vet, TypologyC n00b, help me with my type, and hi!
    By idkman24 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 02:19 PM
  4. Who you callin n00b?
    By Xander in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO