User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 32

  1. #21
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I know what I'm saying is not at all logical I pretend too believe I'm logical and that I really believe what I'm saying.
    This is a very complex thing to do.

  2. #22
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words, if I can think of a better way to phrase what I'm trying to say I'll edit this.
    I much prefer you to be spontaneous - I like you being spontaneous.

  3. #23
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    favorite batman movie I've seen in my life. I'm going to miss heath ledger as the joker. I do not want some other actor taking the role, I just hope he doesn't get recast. I'd rather them have another villain.
    He was really good - much better than I thought he would be - he really made the movie.

  4. #24
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    He was really good - much better than I thought he would be - he really made the movie.
    I agree
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #25
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I agree
    You know, after I have seen a movie, I am the main character for about half an hour afterwards.

    If I take someone to the movies, I like to tell them this beforehand so that after the movie we can go and have coffee and I can be debriefed.

    I remember after, "The Man of La Mancha", I was Don Quixote on the streets of Sydney for about half an hour. And God help any windmill I came across.

    And after the, "Dark Knight", I couldn't help asking people, "Why so serious?".

  6. #26
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    Also I don't get why so many people who've never met heath ledger made a big deal over his death. Are the going to miss him or his public persona and performances? I mean it is sad, but I never met him I'm not going to cry my eyes out over his death. Am I cold and uncaring? no I don't think so, I realize that what I'm going to miss him on screen, but not himself as I do not know him.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #27
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You know, after I have seen a movie, I am the main character for about half an hour afterwards.

    If I take someone to the movies, I like to tell them this beforehand so that after the movie we can go and have coffee and I can be debriefed.

    I remember after, "The Man of La Mancha", I was Don Quixote on the streets of Sydney for about half an hour. And God help any windmill I came across.

    And after the, "Dark Knight", I couldn't help asking people, "Why so serious?".
    I do that too or if I'm in the room with someone who has a strong personality I adopt the personality unconsciously. It's not until I go lie down to sleep and think about my day that I realize I've done this.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #28
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I do that too or if I'm in the room with someone who has a strong personality I adopt the personality unconsciously. It's not until I go lie down to sleep and think about my day that I realize I've done this.
    This is actually a high level skill. So I would be interested in seeing you do this consciously.

    Of course you may be doing it unconsciously because you have some repressed feelings about it.

    Nevertheless, if you can do it consciously, you will be mirroring which is a powerful thing to do.

  9. #29
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is actually a high level skill. So I would be interested in seeing you do this consciously.

    Of course you may be doing it unconsciously because you have some repressed feelings about it.

    Nevertheless, if you can do it consciously, you will be mirroring which is a powerful thing to do.
    I really don't think I can, do this consciously. Because when I think too much about doing something I find I'm unable to do what ever I could do five minutes before.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  10. #30
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I really don't think I can, do this consciously. Because when I think too much about doing something I find I'm unable to do what ever I could do five minutes before.
    Sure you can. You can learn mirroring by consciously practising it.

    But you have a head start - I would say you are slightly hypnoidal - that is you can enter a trance state easily - all you need is a trigger - in this case a strong personality in the same room.

    So all you need to do is watch yourself going into a trance and very importantly, watch yourself coming out, and you will learn how to do it consciously.

    The only caveat is that you may bring up some repressed feelings.

Similar Threads

  1. Want to get published? (a small opportunity)
    By edcoaching in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 12:09 PM
  2. [NT] Soliciting small talk advice from other NTs
    By Mycroft in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 02:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO