User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: #ChaNico

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I am sure it does.

However i didn't intend my post to insult anyone. Esp not chay.

I am sorry for being an uninvited guest in this lovely thread.

And i am sorry chay if you took it the wrong way.
    I am sure nobody is insulted. It just seems your perspective lacks any input from Coriolis' side of the argument. There are many threads here in which this topic is discussed, among them, interestingly, the infamous INTJ-ENFP thread. If you search for 'masculinity' and 'femininity' in there, you will find long and tedious discussions between me and Zarathustra. They could shed some light on the issue.

I tried to make the same point in a slightly different way in a more recent thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Why are we so keen to make [obvious biological gender differences] significant? Sure, if you want genderism, you can find arguments for it. If we want to, we can probably keep racism alive as well. However, despite our biological predispositions, I believe we are able to consciously decide what we deem important. If we saw others as individuals rather than representatives of their genders, what purpose would it serve to know about the massive differences that exist between them on average? Yes, penis goes into vagina and all that mess will stay, but culture overrides biology all the time, and we can shape it according to our ideals.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I am sure nobody is insulted. It just seems your perspective lacks any input from Coriolis' side of the argument. There are many threads here in which this topic is discussed, among them, interestingly, the infamous INTJ-ENFP thread. If you search for 'masculinity' and 'femininity' in there, you will find long and tedious discussions between me and Zarathustra. They could shed some light on the issue.
    Exactly. Nicodemus gets it, and no doubt knows I was thinking of that same thread and discussion. The whole point is that a man can be feminine and still very much a man; same for a woman and being masculine. Biology and masculine/feminine identification are as decoupled as sexual orientation. I suppose those of us who deviate from the "norm" along one or another of these axes appreciate the distinction more than most.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I think we should ask Chay whether he would rather be a male or female from him.
    I have a penis and I am cisgender.

That clear things up?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

totally not what is cisgender?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    totally not what is cisgender?
    Not transgender. You are comfortable with the physiology you were born with, and haven't felt the need to change it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Not transgender. You are comfortable with the physiology you were born with, and haven't felt the need to change it.
    ohhh okay yah that would've been my guess...i mean that he felt that way. just was unaware of the term.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram

Some people seem to have a hard time imagining a relationship existing without a man or a woman. My dad is always puzzling over "which one is the man" when he sees gay couples.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Some people seem to have a hard time imagining a relationship existing without a man or a woman. My dad is always puzzling over "which one is the man" when he sees gay couples.
    Haha even my friends are guilty of this. Sometimes they even refer to me as "the girl" in the relationship. It just goes to show limiting gender can be in relationships. In gay relationships the dominant one is seen as "the man" while the more passive one is seen as "the woman," but even if there's a relationship between a passive man and a dominant woman they're still held to the standard that the man is dominant and the woman is passive/submissive.

Although, ideally both partners would not just stick to either a dominant or passive role. I think I can be both, depending on the situation.

I love how this thread has blossomed from me and Nico getting it on to a discussion on sex vs gender and stereotypes.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah people just need to adjust their world view i bit. i mean...sometimes things need to be expanded rather than crammed into a hole that doesn't fit.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

My little interaction with @Chanaynay I never felt like he wasn't male except when I didn't know him and his obsession with Kelly Clarkson and the pink avatar confused. Me but mu friend ben, is very similar and he's definitely a boy of course he's obessed with lady gaga instead of Kelly Clarkson. And if you went solely based on my interests which is @Riva is doing you could say I was a guy. I like being a girl and I have no reason to change that. Except it might be fun to s
    Have a penis to stick in things but not a good reason to change to male plus I believe if I understand that doesn't work, so there's really no point. I went off on a tangent
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so