User Tag List

Page 88 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1741

Thread: Suggest an alternative type for the person above you

  1. #871
    Senior Member Array Rico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSkye View Post
    Definitely inaccurate. ESFP 7w8
    Behavioural-wise, maybe. Functional wise, nope.

    You're some sort of INxP.
    You claim to use Ti for decision making, but I can also see a decent amount of Fi within your functional make-up.

  2. #872
    What Is Life? Array RobinSkye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    Behavioural-wise, maybe. Functional wise, nope.

    You're some sort of INxP.
    You claim to use Ti for decision making, but I can also see a decent amount of Fi within your functional make-up.
    As do I. But I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to make illogical decisions. I'm pretty sure you may be picking up on my heavy e4 likeness.

    Let's see how you'd evaluate your function preferences. I'm quite sure you're Se dominant.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

    My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

  3. #873
    Senior Member Array Rico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSkye View Post
    As do I. But I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to make illogical decisions. I'm pretty sure you may be picking up on my heavy e4 likeness.

    Let's see how you'd evaluate your function preferences. I'm quite sure you're Se dominant.


    Hm... that is a good question, but how can one evaluate one's functional preferences to the exact point, when everyone's processes are different, and everyone's ideas of functions are different, and everyone has different opinions to Jung's functional analyses? Which source do you want me to base this off? One source defines Te in a more formal format, and another defines Te in a more personable (and dare I say vague way)here. It doesn't cover as many points as the video, and doesn't have as many pointers as the video. If someone made decisions based on source 2, they wouldn't have as good an idea of the function Te, as source 1.

    Yes, they may have the general idea about Te , but unless you go and research all these things for yourself and compare them all, you'll never get a decent idea of what Te is, and you'll never be able to judge for yourself what Te is, and even at that, you have to come to your own conclusions based on the data of what you define Te as, and then do it on all eight functions, and then evaluate your functional preferences based upon your own finalized definitions, gleamed from all the data you can process.

    TLDR; Everyone bullshits about functions, make your own decisions on how to define functional preferences. Even still, people will disagree with you.
    Likes RobinSkye liked this post

  4. #874
    What Is Life? Array RobinSkye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    Hm... that is a good question, but how can one evaluate one's functional preferences to the exact point, when everyone's processes are different, and everyone's ideas of functions are different, and everyone has different opinions to Jung's functional analyses? Which source do you want me to base this off? One source defines Te in a more formal format, and another defines Te in a more personable (and dare I say vague way)here. It doesn't cover as many points as the video, and doesn't have as many pointers as the video. If someone made decisions based on source 2, they wouldn't have as good an idea of the function Te, as source 1.

    Yes, they may have the general idea about Te , but unless you go and research all these things for yourself and compare them all, you'll never get a decent idea of what Te is, and you'll never be able to judge for yourself what Te is, and even at that, you have to come to your own conclusions based on the data of what you define Te as, and then do it on all eight functions, and then evaluate your functional preferences based upon your own finalized definitions, gleamed from all the data you can process.

    TLDR; Everyone bullshits about functions, make your own decisions on how to define functional preferences. Even still, people will disagree with you.
    Yep, the web is filled with people suggesting different things. And I've said times before, functions are still (and probably will remain) ethereal to me. It's all about your own understanding of them, I suppose. That being said, I guess the best way to evaluate your functions to others is to explain how it is you see your functions working together as a stacking and how they compliment one another, etc.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

    My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

  5. #875
    Senior Member Array Rico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSkye View Post
    That being said, I guess the best way to evaluate your functions to others is to explain how it is you see your functions working together as a stacking and how they compliment one another, etc.
    I think even the best explainers among us have a hard time explaining their functional stacks, in a sense. I'm not a great explainer, and never have been. I have always preferred info graphics, videos, charts and even illustrating things to explain stuff to other people. I find using these things help me to communicate better. I also find that having some steps in my head help me to accomplish things better. And having plans.

    Sometimes I just do things, but I prefer knowing what I am doing mostly. I like to tell myself and other people what to do, and I also like putting things down in bullet points and lists to remind myself, cause my memory is god damn awful. I try my best to be efficient, and I also organize my territory and like to have control over it. I am confident, know what to say, know when to assert myself etc., but I also like to work on my own projects and try to schedule my time as best as I can.

    I like doing things if it's worth it, and I know what I am getting out of it. If I see no point in doing things, then screw it. If I see a point, I'll try and work it around benefits. If that makes sense? I like knowing the pros/cons of things before I buy them, and I also like to keep tabs on things I lend to other people (if I need them back for whatever reason, if not, you can have 'em).

    I'm honest, blunt and combative when I want to be. I do whatever I have to do, and if people don't like it, screw them. Overly sensitive people annoy me a lot, especially when they whine about irrelevant stuff in my ear, when they should be getting on with things.

    I like psychical things [overindulging, watching movies, exercising, and doing things for fun], but I also like going inside myself to find answers/meanings, ideas, plans etc. I find the best thoughts come to be subconsciously, when I actually dream etc. Things just click, and I go along with whatever clicks, and it usually ends up fine. I know this sounds like bullshit, but the best thoughts come when I don't think.

    I come on here to mainly blow off steam, so this won't be an accurate representation of how I act outside of here. If you seen my in real life, you'd see how awesome I really was (cue bad joke ;D). I guess this an outlet for my Se, right here. The Vince persona. And I guess this is the criteria that people judge me off, but whatever. I'm not here to please everyone.

  6. #876
    ¬Ņtrap queen? Array chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,763

    Default

    ESFP

  7. #877
    Senior Member Array Rico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    ESFP
    ISTJ
    Likes chickpea liked this post

  8. #878
    What Is Life? Array RobinSkye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Yeah, after that, I'm still convinced of Se dominance. And ESFP fits the best.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

    My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

  9. #879
    Senior Member Array Rico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSkye View Post
    Yeah, after that, I'm still convinced of Se dominance. And ESFP fits the best.
    How do I use Fi as my Auxiliary Function when I don't relate to it at all? Or barely use it?

    Honesty does not equate to a function.

  10. #880
    What Is Life? Array RobinSkye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    How do I use Fi as my Auxiliary Function when I don't relate to it at all? Or barely use it?

    Honesty does not equate to a function.
    Didn't you literally just say that everyone perceives of functions differently? Not only is that a Ti/Fi thing to say, it suggests that what others make of the Fi functions is what enables them to link it to you.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

    My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

Similar Threads

  1. "Alternative" Type Names
    By VagrantFarce in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-25-2016, 01:12 PM
  2. May I suggest an Alternative Solution?
    By Alternative Solution in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 11:02 PM
  3. "Alternative" Type Names
    By VagrantFarce in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 12:16 PM
  4. Which type(s) would you suggest for this order of functions?
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 05:32 PM
  5. Please help me type this person!
    By Split_Infinitive in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO