User Tag List

Page 82 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest an alternative type for the person above you

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    In charge and bubbly are not mutually exclusive. But I am, of course, basing this off forum interactions and not real life.

Likes magpie liked this post

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Vince, how dead-set on 8 are you? I did a lot of enneagram reading last night and if I had to guess I would say 7w8 is more likely than 8w7 (or just 8). Is there any specific reason you don't think you're a 7?

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes RobinSkye liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Vince, how dead-set on 8 are you? I did a lot of enneagram reading last night and if I had to guess I would say 7w8 is more likely than 8w7 (or just 8). Is there any specific reason you don't think you're a 7?
    Not to be rude, but to me:
    It's only enneagram.
    It's not important.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    Not to be rude, but to me:
    It's only enneagram.
    It's not important.
    That is true, and of course you know yourself better than and outsider could know you. It may not be important--is any personality theory really important beyond a mild personal interest?--but I was just curious as to what aspects of yourself make you think 8 > 7... or, alternatively, if you simply see both but don't care which is stronger, seeing it as only superficial or something.

I'm so alone
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic

That is true, and of course you know yourself better than and outsider could know you. It may not be important--is any personality theory really important beyond a mild personal interest?--but I was just curious as to what aspects of yourself make you think 8 > 7... or, alternatively, if you simply see both but don't care which is stronger, seeing it as only superficial or something.
    Yeah, I guess that last part is right. To be honest, I did think whether or not I was 7 or 8, so I just picked either one, lol.

But if you really want an answer: I just feel like a gut type, and that most things I do are centred around my gut impulses, and that I'm not an overly heady or image-conscious person. A lot of the things I think about are pretty gut-based/primal too, so I relate a lot more to the gut centre. I never really think about the stuff I do, it just comes and goes. I've never actually thought about enneagram in depth, though I have read descriptions of all the types, and came to that conclusion myself.
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Yeah, I guess that last part is right. To be honest, I did think whether or not I was 7 or 8, so I just picked either one, lol.

But if you really want an answer: I just feel like a gut type, and that most things I do are centred around my gut impulses, and that I'm not an overly heady or image-conscious person. A lot of the things I think about are pretty gut-based/primal too, so I relate a lot more to the gut centre. I never really think about the stuff I do, it just comes and goes. I've never actually thought about enneagram in depth, though I have read descriptions of all the types, and came to that conclusion myself.
    Thank you for sharing. I myself never looked that closely at enneagram until yesterday.

I'm so alone
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic

Thank you for sharing. I myself never looked that closely at enneagram until yesterday.
    No problem.

How are you finding enneagram yourself? Interesting? Boring?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

No problem.

How are you finding enneagram yourself? Interesting? Boring?
    Personally, I find it to be the "easiest" of the three popular systems (the other two being MBTI and socionics). I say "easiest" because the other two deal with your cognitive functions, while enneagram focuses more on behavior, which is easier to assess and analyze imo. After reading up more on enneagram, I think it's very possible for people to mistype in MBTI or socionics because what they see as their cognitive functioning is actually influenced by their enneagram type/behavior. There can certainly be a correlation among enneagram/MBTI types, but I don't think any combination is impossible. For example, my sister is an INTP 4w5, which I guess is kind of "uncommon."

I'm so alone
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Likes Rico liked this post

Personally, I find it to be the "easiest" of the three popular systems (the other two being MBTI and socionics). I say "easiest" because the other two deal with your cognitive functions, while enneagram focuses more on behavior, which is easier to assess and analyze imo. After reading up more on enneagram, I think it's very possible for people to mistype in MBTI or socionics because what they see as their cognitive functioning is actually influenced by their enneagram type/behavior. There can certainly be a correlation among enneagram/MBTI types, but I don't think any combination is impossible. For example, my sister is an INTP 4w5, which I guess is kind of "uncommon."
    I guess this is why a lot of people assume that I am a thinker.
    I am pretty direct, aggressive, focused, driven and take no nonsense when I am in my zone.
    I am pretty logical and know what I want to do, how to do it, and how to get there when I want something.
    I enjoy being in control and directing things also, when I want to.
    I like helping people when I can, and I will defend and protect the people I have a soft spot for.
    But in my downtime, I am chilled, enjoy gluttony, having a good time, even violence.
    A lot of those probably are personality traits, and not really much to do with enneagram though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

21lux - ISFP 9w1
    INFP
    Ni>Fi>Ne>Fe>Ti>Si>Te>Se
    socionics NF
    4w3 - 5w6 - 9w8 so/sx
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post