User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Being Coddled

MBTI
    yupp

wait how is being coddled or coddling the same as i bought you a house so you have to buy me a palace? I thought the premise was do you like, and I assumed if there was no strings attached
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Well I can handle 43'C water if I feel like it, but they say its not good for your reproductive system. So as much as I like it, I have to get out of the hot spring.

Oh you mean that coddled?

Right, yeah I get coddled at work, because damn I need it. ESFP fends off all the nasties and I like it, makes me feel appreciated.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    wait how is being coddled or coddling the same as i bought you a house so you have to buy me a palace? I thought the premise was do you like, and I assumed if there was no strings attached
    No. Coddling is like.. pampering.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    No. Coddling is like.. pampering.
    oh...then no I don't care for that, except on the rare occasion
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    If someone does it and then reminds me of it later like I owe them something when I never asked for their coddling in the first place, I'll watch them closely. If it's a pattern with them, then I'll see them as a manipulator and pretty much just be disgusted by them and anything they do in the future. They're not to be trusted when they show a distinct pattern of comments like, "After all, I did..." or "After all I did.."
    UGH yeah that's not what I mean. Grossss...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I am very receptive to this sort of treatment. If I turn it down, it's because I know I stand the risk of getting addicted, particularly if I am in a strained place in life in general, but doing so is not a rule. I recieve it when I can return it and mean it. OP is about meaning it. On the initiating end, I'm not the back rub type but natually behave with gentleness until there comes a reason to change approach.

When in my strength, I draw the line when coddling comes at the expense of truth: when challenge is being witheld from me because someone does not think I will handle it well, especially when treating me this way is exceptional to the way they treat others. I would physically dig through my own open skull to discover exactly what makes me come off as kittenish to these people, but maybe they see through to the above described receptivity without getting the message that I believe the issue at hand is more important than pleasing it. This may be due to my own failure to communicate that message with clarity. When I am at my absolute worst, I will crave special strokes and will withdraw for the duration of the trouble to keep this craving away from others. I hate submissiveness because I know my own capacity for it and what it's really about from the inside. The baby rattlesnake is several times more venomous than the adults.

Some subtle (doesn't even have to be close to back rubs!) interpersonal exchange of feeling signals is essential for orienting myself in situations, whether the communicated atmospheres are positive or not. When they are, I don't think that's what people refer to when they say "coddling", except those people with very low use for it. To some, the exchange is inessential at least, and perhaps even confounding instead of clarifying. Hence, typology.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

All my life I have worked very hard to be completely independent.

and to be dependable

Just to find out that I secretly want to be coddled all the time.

When I read my description of what my "inner child" looks like as an E6....it pretty much described a lazy person (E9)and someone that wants to be entertained. It took me a while to take to the description...but I know thats why I like to be so structured...

It's like I wan't everything to be extremely efficient BECAUSE it' less work in the end for me, hence the inner laziness...

sighs

so yes.

Secretly very much(but no one knows that irl)
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I like it from select people.
    Yeah, some people are good at it and some suck at it.

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Well I can handle 43'C water if I feel like it, but they say its not good for your reproductive system. So as much as I like it, I have to get out of the hot spring.

Oh you mean that coddled?

Right, yeah I get coddled at work, because damn I need it. ESFP fends off all the nasties and I like it, makes me feel appreciated.
    I sometimes put the shower to 45. 43 is my max for the bath. Not for the reproductive system? I have all the kids I want.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I like it in my relationship -- but not all the time. I like how we have 'pampering sessions' where we give and take, and the person being pampered can whine all they like and demand to be fed chocolate. It's fun for both of us.

Coddling from family members makes me feel guilty.

Coddling from other people (co-workers being super extra nice) makes me feel very, very uncomfortable.
    4w5 sp/sx EII