User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Californians

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Has anyone been on the ride "Soarin' Over California" at Disneyland's Adventure park? It's sort of like "the best of California" made into a ride. They sit you in chairs with your feet dangling that are hoisted up in the air to plant you right smack in front this humongus screen. The chairs are on hydraulics that move according to the action on the screen which makes you feel like you are "soarin" along with the scenery. They complete it by adding smells into the air according to the scenery, like the ocean, pine trees, orange trees, and I think they even spray a light mist in the air while you soar over the ocean. It's really fun.

YouTube - Soarin' Over California Ride - Disneyland Ca Adventure Park

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Has anyone been on the ride "Soarin' Over California" at Disneyland's Adventure park? It's sort of like "the best of California" made into a ride. They sit you in chairs with your feet dangling that are hoisted up in the air to plant you right smack in front this humongus screen. The chairs are on hydraulics that move according to the action on the screen which makes you feel like you are "soarin" along with the scenery. They complete it by adding smells into the air according to the scenery, like the ocean, pine trees, orange trees, and I think they even spray a light mist in the air while you soar over the ocean. It's really fun.

They have that at EPCOT in Orlando, too. It's really great. Really made me want to visit Cali but only if I could do it via hangglider.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    They have that at EPCOT in Orlando, too. It's really great. Really made me want to visit Cali but only if I could do it via hangglider.
    hahahaha hilarious.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    There is a Trader Joe's here in NC. 2 buck Chuck (for $3).
    Two-Buck Chuck? Seriously?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Is California really what it's cracked up to be? It's always portrayed as some amazing place, but thats in movies and TV shows, many of which are aimed at preteen girls, so I'm skeptical.

But either way I think I would trip hard balls if I woke up in february and wasn't surrounded by snow. I can't imgaine living in a snowless place at all...

But I'd still like to see California (and a lot of the West Caost) some day
    You seem like you could be a bay area dude. I bet you'd totally dig it there and Lake Tahoe is only a couple hours away. That place is a winter wonderland. As for SoCal, if you're smart you'll stay away.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Two-Buck Chuck? Seriously?
    Oh, come on. It isn't bad. Just not very complex. I have only tried the merlot though.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Oh, come on. It isn't bad. Just not very complex. I have only tried the merlot though.
    I think it's. . . bad. I've had worse wine, but it's plonk. There are definitely good wines in the $10-12 range that are about a million times better.

Trader Joe's expensive?

I try to buy everything I can there because their prices are at least competitive and usually lower than the regular supermarkets for similar (and superior) products.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post

I love that ride! Along with the river raft ride, it's pretty much the only reason to go to California Adventure. The effect is really immersive and pretty stunning. My only complaint is that it's way too short.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I think it's. . . bad. I've had worse wine, but it's plonk. There are definitely good wines in the $10-12 range that are about a million times better.
    I don't think Two Buck Chuck is bad. It's not especially good, but it's drinkable and it's TWO DOLLARS. I don't serve it to guests but I'm happy to drink it myself. You're right that there are plenty of $10 to $12 wines that are better...but if I had that to spend on wine I wouldn't be drinking Chuck in the first place. I'll take a $2 wine that tastes like $8 over a $12 wine that tastes like $12.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Trader Joe's expensive?

I try to buy everything I can there because their prices are at least competitive and usually lower than the regular supermarkets for similar (and superior) products.

I love that ride! Along with the river raft ride, it's pretty much the only reason to go to California Adventure. The effect is really immersive and pretty stunning. My only complaint is that it's way too short.

I don't think Two Buck Chuck is bad. It's not especially good, but it's drinkable and it's TWO DOLLARS. I don't serve it to guests but I'm happy to drink it myself. You're right that there are plenty of $10 to $12 wines that are better...but if I had that to spend on wine I wouldn't be drinking Chuck in the first place. I'll take a $2 wine that tastes like $8 over a $12 wine that tastes like $12.
    That WOULD be a good policy, but I know plenty of $12 wines that are superior to $20-30 ones. No reason to drink poorly. I've had $40 champagne that I find superior to Dom Perignon, as well. They allow wine shipping to California, right? I can PM you with a fantastic wine store in NY/NJ/DE that ships. Most of the stuff is $10-20.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Trader Joe's expensive?
    sorry, I'm forgetting that it's just Cali in general.