First 45678 Last

Thread: Californians

MBTI
    ISTx

Too expensive though.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Tiamat and I are Irvinians as well Haight.
    I grew up in GreenT. Then, University & Culver. . . up the street, if you will.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    There are several TJ's here now. I adore TJ's. Joe-Joes 4eva!
    Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    There is a Trader Joe's here in NC. 2 buck Chuck (for $3).
    Boy, they've wandered far from the nest now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I miss Trader Joe's and Jamba Juice.
    Jamba Juice is pretty widespread. Without one's mum or Trader Joe's, I suspect many a pitiful bachelor would die, or at least be really overweight and unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I like the Panda brand black licorice at Trader Joe's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Too expensive though.
    Out here it's difficult to complain - you'll either spend $10-12+ a day eating crap, or maybe a little more than half that for fairly healthy stuff there (or a lot of time and money going to other stores and cooking, if that's your bag). Cooking for one is remarkably difficult and costs quite a bit. They've filled the healthy frozen meals and organic stuff niche out here where people often don't have the time or drive to cook much. Their customer base basically consists of post-college bachelors (and the occasional female equivalent), the Volvo-driving pseudo-hippie soccer-mom set, and a certain subset of health nuts. Last time I dropped by (last week), I ended up behind another bachelor, who was behind another, who was behind another who had just left. The one in front of me commented about this...

I shop for major stocked items at Sam's Club, frozen meals and snacks at Trade Joe's, and fresh vegetables at Henry's or at the local farmer's market they hold every week about a block from here.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP

I miss Bristol Farms! Their delicious bakery section... Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies...

MBTI
    infp

Is California really what it's cracked up to be? It's always portrayed as some amazing place, but thats in movies and TV shows, many of which are aimed at preteen girls, so I'm skeptical.

But either way I think I would trip hard balls if I woke up in february and wasn't surrounded by snow. I can't imgaine living in a snowless place at all...

But I'd still like to see California (and a lot of the West Caost) some day

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Yeah Trader Joes is all around Maryland too.

(O/T)
    What's also migrating away from its nest is Wegmans, based out of upstate NY. Not the same thing as TJ, but, it's definitely a grocery super-superstore. <3 their bakery.

Well, all their stores are still pretty close to the home area... but expanding: Store Locator | Wegmans
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INFJ

We love TJs, which is great for wine, snacks, cereals & bread, milk & other dairy products.

Some good friends moved to Austin - they miss Trader Joe's and our fabulous, cheap local produce market the most.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFP

Their chocolate and cheese are superb.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

TJ's has been on the east coast for years but it just got to NC last year or the year before. And now there's one 15 minutes away that I visit two or three times a month.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Is California really what it's cracked up to be? It's always portrayed as some amazing place, but thats in movies and TV shows, many of which are aimed at preteen girls, so I'm skeptical.

But either way I think I would trip hard balls if I woke up in february and wasn't surrounded by snow. I can't imgaine living in a snowless place at all...

But I'd still like to see California (and a lot of the West Caost) some day
    It's super awesome, that's why so many people live here.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.