`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    North Hollywood
    No shit?!?!?!?

I thought you lived in San Diego for some reason.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I live in a house just north of Ventura in between Sepulveda and Kester.

Not my building, but a five minute walk for sure
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

LOLZ

I rep the 408. I don't mind saying that with all the crazy internetz stalkers because it's the same as saying I rep Silicon Valley. Folks from Boeing and Lockheed would visit us in elementary science class and Make Science Fun! I pass by Google, Ebay, and Netflix headquarters routinely. 1/3 of my film classmates are Cisco employees packing $15,000 cameras and discussing the shite out of their zoom lenses. Make me go sleepytime.

Anyhow, my nerd rep is like, through the roof

And people are either working class or very wealthy but CHEAP. OMG, so many fricking cheap people. Just yelp it, folks complain about how the $1 Vietnamese sammiches went up to $1.50 You see Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, and Beemers parked in front of cheap (almost unsanitary) ethnic eateries, $12 nail salons, and the $19 a month bare bones gym. Between all the students, the totally unflashy NT bachelors, and the spendthrift recent immigrants (god bless 'em) there's always a way to cut a corner and save a buck in my 'hood.

Strangley, everyone under 21 seems to dress emo. Seriously, skinny jeans are REALLY popular with guys.

Where's the glamour? Where's the glitz? Where's the conspicuous consumption???

BORRRRRING.

I'll think I'll try SoCal.

We do have pretty good froyo though.

Seriously though, I'm kinda out of place in my hometown. Makes me sad. Cause I'm lazy but as lazy as I am, I know never want to live there again or settle down there.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    No shit?!?!?!?

I thought you lived in San Diego for some reason.
    i used to live in el cajon
    whoa....you're psychic chic or something
    i can't feel my fingernails....
    I N V I C T U S

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Where's the glamour? Where's the glitz? Where's the conspicuous consumption???

BORRRRRING.

I'll think I'll try SoCal.
    Yeah, move down here and you'll get all that. This area is the epicenter of cool/style/etc. The stuff that's now cool there went out of style a long time ago here...

Some parts of Los Angeles have some of this, but they're a bit behind, too.

Then again, you need to make some serious dough to live here. Our ethnic eateries are mostly Mexican, unless you go down into the ghetto, but then they're still mostly Mexican. Still pretty cheap, but not quite that cheap. When I'm up in Los Angeles I'm always floored by the super-cheap (and pretty good) Vietnamese sandwich shops, too.

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    i used to live in el cajon
    whoa....you're psychic chic or something
    i can't feel my fingernails....
    Which side of the 8?
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ISTP

Bay Area > All

Discuss.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    ESFJ

I will be moving from Philly in October, and it will most likely be to the Burbank/NoHo/Valley Village/Studio City end of the Valley.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I'm in Sonoma County, myself. For now, at least. Planning on moving down to Santa Barbara in a year.
    Going from Awesome to Awesomer, huh? Enjoy yourself. I have a friend from Goleta. Gorgeous area.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Going from Awesome to Awesomer, huh? Enjoy yourself. I have a friend from Goleta. Gorgeous area.
    Thanks. Yeah, I haven't actually been there yet, but I'll be transferring to UCSB. I really think I'm going to miss the foggy days that we have up here, but the weather is supposed to be more mild down there than it is up here as well, so that's definitely something. I just hope that their public transportation is decent.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I've been here for a few years now and as soon as I got here I liked it better than L.A. (will always love my hometown L.A. though) but I think I enjoy the more slower way of life or something. I like living just outside of a big city but not in it. If I had to live some place even more rural, I think I would adjust to that just fine as long as I had some loved-ones with me. That's a must. It's true that the people in Norcal are not as glamourous as the Socal folks are, but I think the scenery and culture is just as beautiful in Norcal.