User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

Thread: Californians

MBTI
    GONE

No Dissonance, you live in Bezerkeley.

Fixed.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

^Yayuh

MBTI
    isfj

dudes, i totally grew in orange. i even share my name with one of the characters of "the oc". i moved up here to portland in '04.

things i miss: those little taquerias... here they don't make tiny, yummy tacos- they're bigger and they put cheese on them... wft, seriously? coffee bean and tea leaf. el pollo loco. i miss all the mexicans too. i miss the weather sometimes, not now though because the weather up here is beautiful. i miss my family, who all still reside in ca, but have all relocated to riverside... ewwww. i miss salt creek. i miss being 45 minutes south of la.

things i don't miss: superficial people. needing to drive/ own a car. the "local" music scene. the need to acquire large wasteful items. the crazy-ass drivers (i swear to god i fear for my life when i'm picked up from the airport and transported via freeway). running into people from high school who weren't my friends but pretend they were ala ghostworld.

ok i'm done.... for now.
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    el pollo loco. i miss all the mexicans too.
    LOL!

yeah i felt that way living in SF.

thankfully a el pollo loco opened up in oakland. i'd drive 45+ minutes from sf all the way there. LOL!

but yeah...

me born in San Diego, grew up in LA county till high school, college + 4 more years in the bay area, 7 in berkeley/east bay, 2 in sf, and now back in Los Angeles. Never lived in central california tho...

i hear good things about oregon esp the vegetation... people from seattle too... seem even more chill than californians... lol

for me, the bay area, chillin up in tilden, lookin over the east bay epitomizes....

----> YouTube - 2pac: Krazy ft. BadAzz

and

---> YouTube - Pink Floyd The Wall - Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Mmmm. El Pollo Loco a couple hundred feet from my front door
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

I didn't know El Pollo Loco was local.

See...all the cool things you take for granted when you're in CA!

A coworker of mine is also from the bay area - Oakland - and we were talking about how the food is so much better and cheaper in Cali. And the we noted the absence of good Mexican food or tacquerias in DC.

And the rents are actually higher in CA, so I think it's very good practice for living elsewhere. All the places I want to live are similarly priced or cheaper than the bay area.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

For BBQ enjoyers, let me recommend Memphis Minnie's on Haight Street, San Francisco. Hot damn, it's so tasty.

MBTI
    INFJ

I live in "the bubble," like 10 mins. from Laguna Beach. Truth be told I feel kind of bored here, since I don't like the beach that much. I think I want to move to NYC someday, but I will miss In N Out.

MBTI
    GONE

In N Out.

I love that place. It's truly a non-evil branded experience.

I seriously think all the guys who work there have a standard military cut requirement. Or are at least required to use a lot of gel in their hair.

Everyone is so squeaky clean cut and polite and chipper. And I can inhale those burgers and still feel healthy.

Concrete, look me up if you ever get to NYC. I too am battling the NYC vs LA quandary. We can compare notes and see if we made the right decision!

Johari/Nohari

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Los Angeles totally pwns NYC.

And yes, In-N-Out is the best burger place ever, at least as far as chains go. Definitely the only non-evil and vaguely-healthy one, too. Once a week is probably completely safe...

But everyone knows In-N-Out is my favorite burger place, and I'm sure I've pointed out their virtues many times before.

(EDIT: Also, they're probably chipper and clean-cut because they're well-trained and paid way more than people working at franchise fast food places, so they're willing to follow the employee handbook so they can afford to live in this state.)
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.