User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default proof I'm an Introvert

Lot of people on here have said I'm an extrovert, trust me I'm not
    -I was around people all day yesterday, when I got home even though I didn't do any strenous activity I was exhausted and my tolerance for people was greatly reduced(my tolerance isn't that big to begin with)(and these weren't irritating people)
    -I tend to prefer solitary activites, ones where I don't have to have conversations
    -Most of the time if you try to have a conversation with me, you're lucky if you get more than a one word answer from me (and it's not because I'm shy, it's because I probably don't want to talk to you)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Huh, from your posting here I would never say you're an extrovert. I'm surprised people have.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Huh, from your posting here I would never say you're an extrovert. I'm surprised people have.
    Can I ask what kinds of things you look at when making that determination? It's sometimes hardest for me to tell between introversion/extroversion than any other trait when trying to type others.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Can I ask what kinds of things you look at when making that determination? It's sometimes hardest for me to tell between introversion/extroversion than any other trait when trying to type others.
    Oh, mostly from hearing about their interactions with people. I find that on forums Introverts can be quite chatty, because it's a controllable medium that puts very little demand on them. The most hardcore introverts seem to spend a lot of time ranting about other people annoying them by intruding.

This is news to me. However there are two things I must say about the matter:

1) I believe most if not all people who would classify as an "introvert" would possess some sort of inner world of some composition and that if they needed to be explained what someone means by an "inner world" then they probably are not one.
    2) A major red flag for me is when people quote specific examples e.g. "I'm an introvert as I didn't speak to anyone when my friends came around the other night" as if they are trying to prove (whether to themselves or others) that the possibility of not being one has no basis in reality. I think this is the case for many issues which are points of potential insecurity. Introversion is integral to one's entire life and it is far more complex and removed from the "quiet and unsociable" label it has come to possess.

I myself am not saying you are or aren't an introvert.

WALMART

Jungian extroversion/introversion is almost nothing like common denominations would suggest.

I sometimes think you are extroverted, in a sense that external events seem to highly influence your state of being.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hmm... also people who lead with Fi ping my radar quite a bit. I recognize the Fi, because I recognize it in myself, but Fi-doms seem more brittle and hard to me. I know this sounds ironic because Fi is repped as fluffy, but I definitely don't perceive it that way. It's my Ne that's fluffy, I'm not convinced that purpz is an Intuitive, but I don't have a strong enough read to call it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Jungian extroversion/introversion is almost nothing like common denominations would suggest.

I sometimes think you are extroverted, in a sense that external events seem to highly influence your state of being.
    this is most true to how i experience extroversion. i can feel very "introverted" in the sense of wanting solitude, feeling lost in crowds, not wanting to talk to a lot of people, etc. but i know i'm an extrovert because of how in-tuned to the external world i am. it's really hard for me not to follow leads on the outside, to turn off external stimuli, absorb and respond to moods...and i actually use external things to bring me in touch with my internal self (music/art, experiences, intimate conversations, etc.). often i hear people try to talk about whether they're an introvert or extrovert, these aren't the terms they speak in at all, and it's hard for me to tell which they are.

this also kinda explains why introverts' energy makes me feel "grounded". they're less affected by external stimuli, so when i'm feeling overwhelmed and out of control because of what's swirling around me, introverts are less caught up and able to bring me back to some degree.

thanks! that helped me out a lot

MBTI
    yupp

for years people called my INFP when I would say what if I'm not people would go NO! you're infp deal with it. lately i've been getting told i'm probably not INFP you know what, fine! I know I'm introvert cuz I DO NOT get my energy from external sources. I know this for a fact.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hmm... also people who lead with Fi ping my radar quite a bit. I recognize the Fi, because I recognize it in myself, but Fi-doms seem more brittle and hard to me. I know this sounds ironic because Fi is repped as fluffy, but I definitely don't perceive it that way. It's my Ne that's fluffy, I'm not convinced that purpz is an Intuitive, but I don't have a strong enough read to call it.
    i can feel that, Q! Fi is definitely my "hard and fast" side. Ne is all about playing and fun often times, while Fi can feel like a iron boot being stomped down.