User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    since you get to see girls without make up, it's only fair we get to see you with makeup
    I've always wondered the motivation behind girls suggesting this...There were girls in high school who were suggesting doing this as well...so it seems to start after puberty when the girls start seeing males as sexual objects...

Is it some kind of fetish or some act of domination to feel good\powerful? Or an attempt to make the male look less intimidating\threatening?

It feels some kind of a power play to me...

Long story short, NO!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Wont be long before men join us on this front, I feel

Hell, they already steal all my skincare products. I think most of the objections they have to wearing make up is a) it takes skill to do it in a way that looks natural, and b) they have this preconceived notion that make up means electric purple eyeshadow and ruby red lips, or something.

Most don't seem even aware of the fact that when they say they prefer a girl *without* make up, they actually mean 'natural looking' or 'nude' make up. Make up is awesome wrt hiding bags, rashes, discolouration, accentuating your natural features in non-visible ways, and generally looking fresher and more put together. Any news caster, male or female, for instance *is* wearing a bunch of make up for this very reason. You don't want to know how often I point out to my bf that the male news caster, or show host is wearing a slightly pink lip gloss, which then of course freaks him out....

But yeah...it does take practice to get it right, to the point where people just believe that you look this awesome naturally
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Wont be long before men join us on this front, I feel

Hell, they already steal all my skincare products. I think most of the objections they have to wearing make up is a) it takes skill to do it in a way that looks natural, and b) they have this preconceived notion that make up means electric purple eyeshadow and ruby red lips, or something.

Most don't seem even aware of the fact that when they say they prefer a girl *without* make up, they actually mean 'natural looking' or 'nude' make up. Make up is awesome wrt hiding bags, rashes, discolouration, accentuating your natural features in non-visible ways, and generally looking fresher and more put together. Any news caster, male or female, for instance *is* wearing a bunch of make up for this very reason. You don't want to know how often I point out to my bf that the male news caster, or show host is wearing a slightly pink lip gloss, which then of course freaks him out....

But yeah...it does take practice to get it right, to the point where people just believe that you look this awesome naturally
    Yeah, I like women with light-makeup...That accentuates eyes in particular...Heavy makeup feels fake to me somehow...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Yeah, I like women with light-makeup...That accentuates eyes in particular...Heavy makeup feels fake to me somehow...
    Ohhh when properly done, it can be awesome for dramatic effect or for like a mysterious, glamorous, fairy tale look - but again, that require a certain mastery - and the right attitude/setting to pull it off

The easiest thing to do with make up, is go for the pretty pretty colours, and apply them without knowledge of how to get the best effects. It's also the easiest way to get guys to go 'ewwww, girls with make up look so fake'

For instance:

This person could probably benefit from some tips on how to get your eyeliner to cooperate, how to coordinate colours and how to play with light and shadows - not to mention a lipliner that matches their lipstick and eyebrow liner matched to the colour of their actual brows.

Next, keeping in mind your setting/audience is...rather important:

Done extremely well, but clearly meant for the cat walk or for performance where you need to overdo your make up in order for it to make an impact while on stage. Replicating this for every day wear....not a good idea

Thought this would be interesting to post here to give an idea of the impact make up can make

Also:

Heavy make up, using natural/neutral tones, which most guys seem to prefer - though a bit heavy on the blush, perhaps

vs

Dramatic eye catchers, done extremely well. Perfect for an evening look
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

I like the last one better (though it's still heavy for my taste)...Her eye lashes are already thick, they don't need additional thickening by mascara IMO...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I like the last one better (though it's still heavy for my taste)...Her eye lashes are already thick, they don't need additional thickening by mascara IMO...

Ok, what you're seeing and probably remarking on are in actuality false lashes, which give that feathered, over the top, voluminous effect - that, along with voluminizing mascara. If you do a smokey eye without mascara, it looks actually rather creepy as mascara is your basis for definition, and your lashes are the only thing that add a vertical dimension to the complete ensemble. Removing that would give all horizontal lines, ageing you significantly and giving a kind of scary effect.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Ok, what you're seeing and probably remarking on are in actuality false lashes, which give that feathered, over the top, voluminous effect - that, along with voluminizing mascara. If you do a smokey eye without mascara, it looks actually rather creepy as mascara is your basis for definition, and your lashes are the only thing that add a vertical dimension to the complete ensemble. Removing that would give all horizontal lines, ageing you significantly and giving a kind of scary effect.
    Damn...there are things like false lashes...?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Damn...there are things like false lashes...?
    LOL. Ohh, you sweet innocent soul
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Justin Bieber with and without makeup:

LOL. Ohh, you sweet innocent soul