User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Mole

Default Mole

I have started introducing myself to new people as 'Mole'.

To my surprise it works really well. Almost everyone has read Wind in the Willows and so already knows Mole. And those that don't, promise to read Wind in the Willows, particularly as it is available free on the internet.

So Typology Central is spilling over into the real world, and what is imaginative is becoming real.

But why should we be surprised? To become literate we needed to repress so much into our unconscious, but in the electric media the unconscious is becoming conscious.

The cliche is now becoming the archetype.

And the archetype lives and becomes part of our lives - G'day Mole, they say, How ya goin'?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

That's funny OP because I have started introducing myself to new people as 'Mole'.

To my surprise it works really well. Almost everyone has read Wind in the Willows and so already knows Mole. And those that don't, promise to read Wind in the Willows, particularly as it is available free on the internet.

So Typology Central is spilling over into the real world, and what is imaginative is becoming real.

But why should we be surprised? To become literate we needed to repress so much into our unconscious, but in the electric media the unconscious is becoming conscious.

The cliche is now becoming the archetype.

And the archetype lives and becomes part of our lives - G'day Mole, they say, How ya goin'?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

No, I'm Mole!

4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Hi, I'm Otter. Nice to meet you, Mole. Care for some delicious fish?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

*slow clap*
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I also introduce myself as Mole, but so few here have read the Wind in the Willows that they immediately assume that I am the delicious Mexican sauce often served with rice and chicken. The presentation of myself as such gives me no time to procure a promise for them to read the children's book before I have to escape from being devoured.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I have not read it. I keep meaning to and then getting distracted. It's $5.00 on Audible (or rather, it's a lot of prices because there are several versions but the best selling one is $5 and the narrator sounds nice), so I will have it read to me while I go to sleep. I've never stopped loving bedtime stories.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Wow, I too introduce myself as "Mole" although I typically say "El Mole" or "Mole Grande" due to my proximity to the Mexican border. There are so few people that have read Willow in the Wind (WitW for those in the know) however that they assume I'm making an Enrique Iglesias (pre-removal of course) reference.

Will the real Mole please stand up, please stand up!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Good idea. I could play Badger.