Thread: Create a Story

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Default Create a Story

Hey guys! This is my first time creating a thread - let's see how this one goes.

So, here's how it works: I will start with a sentence. The next person then has to type another sentence (or two, if you like) that adds on to the previous sentence. Then another person does the same, and so on and so forth. If this continues long enough, we may have ourselves an interesting story.

Here's my sentence:

"It was past midnight, and I found myself alone in the cold, dark mansion."

EDIT: By the way, please try to keep it appropriate. Other than that, you're free to use your imagination!
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Walking through the vast marble foyer, I noticed an echoing set of footsteps just a half-step off from my own.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Riva

This thread is a nice idea.

Soooo bump

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Walking through the vast marble foyer, I noticed an echoing set of footsteps just a half-step off from my own.
    And as I turned to confront the slapping, wet, steps dogging my own, I turned and saw a hideous creature I had never witnessed before!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

The beast was shadowed in the dim light, a purple shadow, a silhouette so perfect none of the contours of its body from inward beyond its outlines were discernible. Its hollow silhouette emulated more or less a shape you'd see in a Rorschach test, but asymmetrical. Where its head might have been, two structures, diamond-shaped or hexagonal, one smaller than the other, rested one atop another, like a head with a hat, except this was the only part of its body moving and it was swaying more like a tail than a neck. In all directions except from beneath came long, crystal-like branches, poles that stood rigid like the columns of a building.
    I tried to turn and run, but I slowed myself down as I sprinted away, perhaps curious, and I slipped on the floor. I couldn't think fast enough to make myself stand, and the beast drew nearer. I was staring at the ceiling. It was leaning over me now. Suddenly I felt a huge thrust in the center of my spine, probably forceful enough to have shattered it and killed me on the spot, but instead the thrust lifted me up surprisingly gently and rested me on my feet.
    "ESGERvfoe 4 fdgs 45gseg ," the beast spoke some incomprehensible language. I tried to will myself to run away again, but I was stuck in this standing-up position facing the beast, like sleep paralysis.
    "Saeo8 vjo egw45gr," the creature tried more and more languages, as if going through an alphabet.
    This went on for about 20 minutes before I heard it say "Are you afraid? Should I show myself?"
    It went something like that, I'm not sure exactly. The words were broken, the tone of voice more like machinery, animal sounds, some of them were even noises the human brain was probably programmed to hear but never found in nature and had no analog in the modern world. I had no choice but to keep listening.
    The thing showed itself. The light in the house stayed dim. The creature didn't start glowing either, but it turned its lighting to one so that I could see it, just not shining on anything else...it's hard to explain. It looked like a bike reflector, or those neon suits crossing guards wear at night.
    Its body was made of folds of some sort of tissue, parts looking gelatinous, others looking more like a dry, crusty paper, but no seams or tears anywhere. It seemed to have a veil of this material over its head...it lifted it. It unfolded its whole skin, and it fell off, revealing a woman, white-haired, probably 20. She walked closer.
    "Why don't you trust me?" She got closer. I'd heard stories like this before...changelings, creatures that could take the forms of other creatures, usually putting on a favorable appearance so they could get closer...to their prey.
    She jabbed her long, pointy finger under my chin. She kept speaking. Her tone sounded inviting, but I kept my suspicions up. "You know we can help you...don't you?"

MBTI
    yupp

I laughed, nervously, and threw my ipad angrily at her. "Last time I get conned by apple!" I think to myself, and run away.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I soon reached the front door. I stopped for a moment to catch my breath, then reached for the doorknob and tried to turn it clockwise. But the door was locked! In a state of panic, I tried to turn it counter-clockwise - still locked!

Desperate to escape, I looked all around the foyer, searching for any room or door that might take me outside. Suddenly, I felt a long, slender hand on my shoulder and an icy cold breath on the back of my neck. I froze. Dare I turn around...?
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    yupp

I turn around, so I can better see my attacker. It's the white haired woman, I scream. I realize I am doomed I started praying, even though I didn't believe in god previous to this moment, I sure as hell did now. If there is an afterlife I don't want to go to hell so I begin confessing my sins.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

A grandmotherly smile creeps across the Grey Woman's face-- her thin, mottled lips cracking apart to expose broken, long-decayed teeth. Black gums. She's practically salivating.
    "There's no need for that, now, dearie." Her nurturing tone is benignly sinister.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    before!
    BUMP