User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Any type can be funny.. As long as they're male. (no myso)
    I'm glad you didn't stop with the first line and I must say that not only do I agree with you but seldom you find a funny female. I've seen a few funny females here: @Lexicon and @senza tema (however I don't know whether senza is being funny or snappy most of the time). Anyway if i'm not mistaken humour a social power play tool? Ex: when people of power makes jokes people tend to laugh more naturally esp females. Although humour has advanced from the power play humour probably atleast 2,000 years ago I think it is probably that genetically we are encoded to laugh at jokes made by powerful people and since males play the traditional power role (or are atleast are expected to) and female do not, people are expected to release tension (which is laughing) when males make jokes. You'd feel better to have a person of power make a joke/relieve tension that hit your head with a club. So laugh away at their jokes.

WALMART

Jerry Seinfeld, at one point, was the second highest grossing celebrity in existence. He's probably the richest comedian alive, and has a mind I greatly value. Probably ISTJ 5.

Two other favorite comedians, both in terms of comedy and intellectual value, are Dave Chappelle and George Carlin. I think they are both Ti doms.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Two other favorite comedians, both in terms of comedy and intellectual value, are Dave Chappelle and George Carlin. I think they are both Ti doms.
    Yeah, I think a lot of TPs would make good comedians. I think both Kathy Griffin and Jenna Marbles are both ESTP?

Ellen DeGeneres is NFP I'm sure, maybe there's some correlation between comedians and being a P!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I'm glad you didn't stop with the first line and I must say that not only do I agree with you but seldom you find a funny female. I've seen a few funny females here: @Lexicon and @senza tema (however I don't know whether senza is being funny or snappy most of the time). Anyway if i'm not mistaken humour a social power play tool? Ex: when people of power makes jokes people tend to laugh more naturally esp females. Although humour has advanced from the power play humour probably atleast 2,000 years ago I think it is probably that genetically we are encoded to laugh at jokes made by powerful people and since males play the traditional power role (or are atleast are expected to) and female do not, people are expected to release tension (which is laughing) when males make jokes. You'd feel better to have a person of power make a joke/relieve tension that hit your head with a club. So laugh away at their jokes.
    *I think* guys tend to be funnier because we use it to attract mates. Girls don't have to be funny, they'll always have guys chasing them no matter what, so they never really develop the skill. Just a thought.

And yeah, it goes without saying that there are always exceptions. Again, no myso, lol. *Just my opinion.*

Jerry Seinfeld, at one point, was the second highest grossing celebrity in existence. He's probably the richest comedian alive, and has a mind I greatly value. Probably ISTJ 5.

I thought Jerry Seinfeld was an INFJ?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Yeah, I think a lot of TPs would make good comedians. I think both Kathy Griffin and Jenna Marbles are both ESTP?
    Hmm. I haven't seen much of Kathy Griffin's work. Jenna Marbles, though, might be. I wouldn't discount Ne-dom. I'd have to see her in her natural element?

Ellen DeGeneres is NFP I'm sure, maybe there's some correlation between comedians and being a P!
    I wouldn't doubt it.

Gervais - xNTP

Seinfeld - ISTJ

Rock - ESTP

CK - ISTP

I thought Jerry Seinfeld was an INFJ?
    I personally doubt it. Far too normal.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Kathy Griffin ISN'T funny. I don't know who the other person is.

Ellen DeGeneres
    I fucking love Ellen, good example of a female who is funny. And she's a lesbian, no surprise there.

I personally doubt it. Far too normal.
    Thanks for the compliment. I'm still going to claim him as our own though.

WALMART

Thanks for the compliment. I'm still going to claim his as our own though.
    I thought you would enjoy that. But srsly.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Kathy Griffin ISN'T funny. I don't know who the other person is.
    She's still a comedian.

Hmm. I haven't seen much of Kathy Griffin's work. Jenna Marbles, though, might be. I wouldn't discount Ne-dom. I'd have to see her in her natural element?
    She could be ENTP. I was leaning towards ESTP because she's more what is vs what could be. But that could just be a comedian's style of choice; I'll have to watch an interview of her later or something. Still ETP though.

I wouldn't doubt it.

Wait a minute, when did Jerry Seinfeld get his hair cut so short?? I'm too used to seeing his haircut from the 90s. He sounds the same but he looks so much older!

Gervais - NTP

Seinfeld - STJ

Rock - STP

CK - STP
    To add to that:

Kathy Griffin - ESTP

Ellen DeGeneres - NFP

Jenna Marbles - ETP

Dan Howell - INFP

Toby Turner - ENFP

Wanda Sykes/Jimmy Fallon/Jay Leno - ???? (just bringing them up for the sake of it lol, I really wanna know what their types are)

Yeah, starting to see a lot of Ps. I think the only other possible J comedian I can think of is the YouTuber "cr1tikal" (username is penguinz0) who I think might be ISTJ. But he's very private and doesn't show himself off of YouTube so it's hard to tell.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

She's still a comedian.
    noun: comedian; plural noun: comedians

an entertainer on stage or television whose act is designed to make an audience laugh.

Sorry, nope.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

noun: comedian; plural noun: comedians

an entertainer on stage or television whose act is designed to make an audience laugh.

Sorry, nope.
    Designed to make an audience laugh. It doesn't say to SUCCESSFULLY make an audience laugh.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so