User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the new TOS anti-God? Would God be allowed to post on TypeC?

9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    The problem with your question is that God is a very abstract and personal thing. I don't identify as a Christian currently, but I did have a Christian upbringing full of church camps, bible quizzing, and whatnot. My personal view of God, and that of those around me was that God was a loving being. My mental image of God 'as a poster' would be full of love and warmth toward other members - even those whose lifestyle he disagrees with.

I don't understand people who make religion about hate, fire, and brimstone. It was never like that for me.

1 Corinthians 13 is relevant in it's entirety, but the last line resonates with me. "...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." God is about love in my world.

But God is something different to everyone. That's why religion is so effective. It's so personal. You take it, and you make it yours. You make God yours. My God would be a fantastic poster. Your God... Probably not so much.
    exactly. it's impossible for me to even answer that question because i don't believe those same at all.

and hate wrapped up in that way sickens me like no other.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    9 sp/sx

I think when God created the Netherlands, he got so stoned from the legal marihuana that he forgot all about the world.

953 sp/so

Moved to Fluff Zone.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

INFj None

Love is not rude. (I Cor. 13:5)
    God is love. (I John 4:8)
    Therefore God is not rude and it's hard to get banned if you're not rude. So I think God would be okay.

He's just got really bad PR people right now.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    I'm just curious as Christian views are very anti-gay, anti-abortion, and misogynistic.
    I realize this is a stereotype, but it's really not all true. It might apply to the Christians who get the most attention, and certainly many my parent's age, but it most definitely does not apply to all of us. I'm not fond of abortion... But, I am definitely not anti-gay and consider myself a feminist.

I would also agree with pretty much all of what Patches said. Although, I do currently identify as a Christian.
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2