User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There is no conspiracy going on here

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Of course the mods would pay you to say that now wouldn't they? Clever bastards I must say.

trapped in zoobilee zoo Array Osprey's Avatar

Could it be a false flag?

Free me from Zoobilee Zoo...

This is a sign of the Illuminati. The age of the NWO is nigh.

I've never used the word "nigh" before. I like it.

Senior Member Array

No one believes there is a conspiracy, and nobody's really all that upset about being given infractions. Some people believe the system of rules and the way they are enforced are broken.

I learned a long time ago that it's acceptable around here to say very offensive things as long as they're not explicitly directed at any particular forum member. You're more likely to get an infraction for calling someone a bigot than that person is for being bigoted. That's a problem. That's a failing of "the system", and that's entirely the moderators' fault.

Not necessarily the moderators we have today; this is how it has been for as long as I have been here. It has been going on for so long that the moderator team we have now are being openly attacked for lacking in transparency, accountability and credibility. Nobody knows what the mods decide and how they come to these decisions, and the mods aren't held accountable for their decisions whatsoever, so nobody has any faith in the process anymore.

Randomnity posted this earlier:

... you guys don't really have any basis to evaluate who's doing a "good job".
    Lack of transparency...

Hence why we don't remove or add mods based on popular opinion.
    ... and lack of accountability. The combination of which means the mods don't have credibility within the community at large. "We don't remove or add mods based on popular opinion" right now, but I think that's going to have to change. Quickly. Right now we have people saying things like:

I was genuinely curious [if] people give a damn about this forum considering the longtime behavior that has been established as the norm for the past year or so.

And some of that comes from the mods, because to be 100% honest, I think the problems going on stem from having a mod team that overall does not give a shit. ...

The majority of the team seems like a bunch of dead weight who spend most of their time posting pictures around the forum or not posting at all.
    I was actually going to start a thread on how much faith people have in the current moderators. ... was on my "should go" list.

... are doing the best job right now from what I can see. I am not sure about ..., because I see very little of their work in action. See, that's why transparency is a good thing, guys.
    That doesn't bode well.

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Of course you're probably thinking the mods paid me to say this. But seriously, you guys are nuts. If you received an infraction you probably did break the rules. So instead of being a pussy, own up and take responsibility. I doubt the mods are out to get you.
    This, exactly.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi