User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ENTP world

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

You silly bunch of people, I'd challenge you to find a type more survivable than ENTP. ENTP style just evokes the reaction "no-one can live like that" and "he's gonna fall apart with that lifestyle", but hey, they're just too smart and quirky with too many tricks in the sleeves to ever seriously lose in life. It's an oddball combination of high-brow thinking and street smarts, in a kind of twisting, surreal way. Certainly not the optimum, it's the ENTJ who are the kings/queens of success.

Actually, I identify with ENTP the most at the moment.

Our foolish appearance is an act to fool around with you. I amuse myself by fooling around, the bunch of folks around aren't smart enough to be taken seriously, so I always have a twist to how I act around them. I'm happy to put myself as the butt of the joke, to appear irresponsible, dumb, unsanitary, etc, etc.. some people wonder my style, but I dont lose any such appreciation or fame that I would need in the first place.

Example: people were discussing fine dining. Half of the people present were being bored by the subject. After a while, I interrupted..
    -Ahh, who needs such fancy foods anyway? By my standards, good food is plentyful in nutritients and low on pathogens.
    Another bored person joined me,
    -Hey, and if you flush it down with vodka, you can mind the pathogens.
    (laughter)
    The "fine dining" people were disturbed and went to the kitchen to carry on their conversation, whereas we others (half of us) continued with our stories.

Rude, but fun. No big fight, probably they didn't get offended. It is entirely possible that some numbnut believed a part of that conversation, but none of them are in the position to convince others of their beliefs. So, the impression made in that discurse won't come back to haunt me - even if some of the people present WOULD believe that I have low standards for food, or that I'm/the other guy is too fond of alcohol/ whatever.

I most like to do the most modest, quick, silent show of skills ever possible. It is the ultimate fun. I have been open about my troubles, conflicting thoughts, shortcomings - which has been as it has been. That has not been an act, it has been just as it is. I've known inside that I can turn the situation around, but it needs some work. I won't tell that part, but I set myself up for low expectations, so I wont stress that much (this is inspired for me being a recoveree from burnout). Then without warning, I just do an astonishing show of skills at some point, with the minimum of hyping up. Skills being: making good food, securing a good deal, programming something in a language I haven't heard of before, dancing, impromptu freestyle rapping, giving an astonishing speech on a difficult topic in front of big audience, etc.

I break expectations both ways, I also fail spectacularly sometimes. Usually I try to get away with it or at least try to enjoy it. Usually I do, sometimes I dont. After little sulking in the corner, I recover. So mm..

I dont know if this is just a thing for a quite possibly bipolar multitalented high-iq ENTP, but that's my world, and the requirement to get a slightest clue of what I am really about is at there about 110-120 IQ, or being interesting enough to get my attention in a positive way.

Bottom line: ENTP has almost the greatest collection of coping skills, they can do just fine. The less serious just often play tricks on anyone who believes in traditional "image" things, impressions and such WYSIWYG things, whereas the more serious also have an unorthodox view of appearance/substance.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

PPPPPFFF, I'm entj and i can do all that sutff too!!

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    What if everyone was an ENTP?
    Then they probably wouldn't be as unique. Every eNTp I've met, including my girlfriend are lively people, wickedly intelligent, easy-going and have a hardworking 4-day work week.

The only thing I have to say about them is that they are notoriously messy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

It WOULD be chaos and war.

ENTPs can have such radical thoughts. And quite combative.

A very competitive world. Probably a lot of theme parks though.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I'd love the ENTP world, as long as they allow me to catch my breath in a quiet corner. But hey, I envy those INTP's with energy and social skills. It's the only other type I'd like to be
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Honestly? The world would probably be destroyed in their pursuit of knowledge before society had a chance to collapse.

I mean, come on, you know that giving ENTPs the keys to a power plant or something is just bound to end in disaster. ("I wonder what would happen if we simulated a resonance cascade..?")

But yeah, there'd be lots of theme parks before the apocalyptic nuclear meltdown/zombie outbreak.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    What if everyone was an ENTP?
    So wait, are we all ENTPs? Or is it just that everyone who's not an ENTP is dead?

Because either way..............I wouldn't mind.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENTP

It would suck.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

ThatGirl

I get to be leader.

I called it.

MBTI