User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It was very important that it was Israeli archeologists that discovered the Exodus didn't occur. This is because the Exodus is a founding myth of Judaism, and if a non-Israeli archeologist made the same discovery, they would be accused of bias in order to attack Judaism.

And I do think you will now find that almost all Israeli archeologists accept the evidence about the Exodus. This is a tribute to their integrity and professionalism.

And until 1833 all the world accepted institutional slavery as part of the natural order, and so in biblical times they also took institutional slavery for granted, including Jesus.
    I'm afraid all you got here are blind assertions, no evidence, your final point is tenuous indeed and very difficult to provide with any basis other than that of an assertion.

The foundation myth of Judaism is the relationship and covenant between Yahweh/God and man/Jews.

Exodus is not a lie and I struggle to think why anyone would want to make it so, other than a hope to make out the entire bible to be a lie, either because they wish to deny belief in God or the ethics within, which secular ethics hope to be rival and can not.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Lol @ how this thread turned into an actual religious debate.

Well done OP. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm afraid all you got here are blind assertions, no evidence, your final point is tenuous indeed and very difficult to provide with any basis other than that of an assertion.

The foundation myth of Judaism is the relationship and covenant between Yahweh/God and man/Jews.

Exodus is not a lie and I struggle to think why anyone would want to make it so, other than a hope to make out the entire bible to be a lie, either because they wish to deny belief in God or the ethics within, which secular ethics hope to be rival and can not.
    The Exodus is not a lie, it is a part of the mythos of Judaism and so part of the mythos of the West.

It is crass to ask whether the Exodus actually occured but we live in a time of universal literacy and so we are inclined to be literal, and ask literal questions about the historical Jesus and the historical Exodus. And I think it is fair to say that such literalism is crass in matters of religion, literature and art. And I suspect you would agree with me in saying the literal interpretation of the Bible is crass.

However we are rapidly moving from the Age of universal literacy to the electric Age where mythos and metaphor find their natural home.

And as a good Catholic you must know that your church has not adhered to a literal interpretation of the Bible. And so we could say your church is psychologically prepared for the electric Age which is upon us.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Last night I was trying to explain to my mom that Wiccans are not the same thing as Satan worshipers. It's probably good that we were interrupted pretty early in the conversation.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post

Well done OP. Well done.

^

/thread
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I know that devil worship is looked down upon but what about daedra worship? The daedric princes are all very important to me. The only issues is that they are likely to skirt the rules a little and argue with each other. I would be upset if the most "empirical" of pantheons weren't tolerated.
    Is that from Oblivion? The Daedra?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kquirk View Post
    You should start a poll: Should Devil worship on this forum be tolerated?
    *eyeroll* oohhh god... (I use the term advisedly)
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Is that from Oblivion? The Daedra?
    Yes. If they were real they would be the coolest (and most influential) of sinister dieties ever. Molag Bal would make an S & M freak out of all of us.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    yes!!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post

Well done OP. Well done.
    The guile of Hircine, indeed.