User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    @Lark

What do you think about Michael Collins?
    Why are you posting off topic posts? Who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It's true the Ancient Greek State was based on institutional slavery, and indeed Jesus said not a word against the institutional slavery of the Roman State. It was only in 1833 in the House of Commons that institutional slavery was first abolished in history under the influence of the Enlightenment values of freedom and equality.
    Jesus was part of a community which had been enslaved by the Pharohs and was living with the occupation of a foreign power which levied taxes upon them to pay for the occupation. Your suggestion that he supported institutional slavery belies ignorance and propaganda.

It's true the Ancient Greek State was based on institutional slavery, and indeed Jesus said not a word against the institutional slavery of the Roman State. It was only in 1833 in the House of Commons that institutional slavery was first abolished in history under the influence of the Enlightenment values of freedom and equality.
    Jesus was part of a community which had been enslaved by the Pharohs and was living with the occupation of a foreign power which levied taxes upon them to pay for the occupation. Your suggestion that he supported institutional slavery belies ignorance and propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Israeli archeologists have discovered that there were no Jews in Egypt at the time of the Exodus and so there were no Jews enslaved by the Pharoh.

We now know that institutional slavery is one of the world's greatest evils, but like everyone around Him at the time Jesus took institutional slavery for granted as part of the natural order and so said not a word against it.

Enneagram
    9w8

This is copied from my blog; I posted it a week or two ago, but it seemed appropriate for this thread. Make of it what you will. It's a true story.

I'll call it the Hillbilly and the Satanist.

"You are different," the Icelandic boy said to me.

"I am," I said.

"I worship Satan," he said. "You should fear me." He showed me some hideous spider ring on his finger with ruby eyes. I thought it was gaudy, but all I said was, "Well, ain't that somethin'?"

I smiled. "I have enough power in my pinky-finger to cast Satan in the pits of hell. I have the surge of the Almighty flowing through me. I know what I am," I said. "Why should I fear you?"

"I can destroy your body," he said.

"It's only a body," I replied. "It's not permanent anyway. You can't do anything to me unless I let you."

"I'm nervous," he said. "I need a smoke."

"Let's go outside then," I said.

"All right," he said, so we did. Then we played basketball. He got winded, so we had to quit.

"What is it about you? How can you not fear me? Don't you think I'm weird? Doesn't my appearance bug you?"

I looked at him. Seventeen, tattooed like a billboard for bad boys, rings in his ears, his nose, his tongue, pale skin, black hair, tired eyes, dreadlocks that hadn't been washed in...maybe forever, tough face...terrified interior.

I tossed the ball in the goal and caught it as it sprang up off the pavement. "Why should I care what you look like?"

I pitched the ball to him. He caught it and breathed heavily. The heavy smoking and lack of physical exercise made him weak, even though he was foot taller than I. "Well," he said. "Just stay over there, because...you scare me."

"Wanna watch Lion King?" I asked.

"Yeah, but you stay on the other side of the room," he said.

So we walked back to the house and watched Lion King. He never came back to my house. I had forgotten about that until now and I don't know why I remembered it, but I just thought I'd share it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Enneagram
    9w8

This is copied from my blog; I posted it a week or two ago, but it seemed appropriate for this thread. Make of it what you will. It's a true story.

I'll call it the Hillbilly and the Satanist.

"You are different," the Icelandic boy said to me.

"I am," I said.

"I worship Satan," he said. "You should fear me." He showed me some hideous spider ring on his finger with ruby eyes. I thought it was gaudy, but all I said was, "Well, ain't that somethin'?"

I smiled. "I have enough power in my pinky-finger to cast Satan in the pits of hell. I have the surge of the Almighty flowing through me. I know what I am," I said. "Why should I fear you?"

"I can destroy your body," he said.

"It's only a body," I replied. "It's not permanent anyway. You can't do anything to me unless I let you."

"I'm nervous," he said. "I need a smoke."

"Let's go outside then," I said.

"All right," he said, so we did. Then we played basketball. He got winded, so we had to quit.

"What is it about you? How can you not fear me? Don't you think I'm weird? Doesn't my appearance bug you?"

I looked at him. Seventeen, tattooed like a billboard for bad boys, rings in his ears, his nose, his tongue, pale skin, black hair, tired eyes, dreadlocks that hadn't been washed in...maybe forever, tough face...terrified interior.

I tossed the ball in the goal and caught it as it sprang up off the pavement. "Why should I care what you look like?"

I pitched the ball to him. He caught it and breathed heavily. The heavy smoking and lack of physical exercise made him weak, even though he was foot taller than I. "Well," he said. "Just stay over there, because...you scare me."

"Wanna watch Lion King?" I asked.

"Yeah, but you stay on the other side of the room," he said.

So we walked back to the house and watched Lion King. He never came back to my house. I had forgotten about that until now and I don't know why I remembered it, but I just thought I'd share it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Israeli archeologists have discovered that there were no Jews in Egypt at the time of the Exodus and so there were no Jews enslaved by the Pharoh.

We now know that institutional slavery is one of the world's greatest evils, but like everyone around Him at the time Jesus took institutional slavery for granted as part of the natural order and so said not a word against it.
    I dont remember reading about instituational slavery in the bible.

Come to think of it I dont remember reading about no Israeli archeologists undermining the old testament.

Your sources are lies.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Why are you posting off topic posts? Who are you?
    Eh it's fluff zone, I don't really care about being off topic. Lol.

So what, you have no opinion on him?

http://ergofabulous.org/luther/?

For anyone who wants a piece of Luther's mind.

I dont remember reading about instituational slavery in the bible.

Come to think of it I dont remember reading about no Israeli archeologists undermining the old testament.

Your sources are lies.
    It was very important that it was Israeli archeologists that discovered the Exodus didn't occur. This is because the Exodus is a founding myth of Judaism, and if a non-Israeli archeologist made the same discovery, they would be accused of bias in order to attack Judaism.

And I do think you will now find that almost all Israeli archeologists accept the evidence about the Exodus. This is a tribute to their integrity and professionalism.

And until 1833 all the world accepted institutional slavery as part of the natural order, and so in biblical times they also took institutional slavery for granted, including Jesus.