User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ISTx

Thumbs up

Yes, weed being illegal does create more problems and crime would go down were it to be legalized and regulated by govt aid. Reason being that when you aren't able to attain a product legally, there will be a "black market." Obviously its typically shady characters involved in a business like that and since there are no legitimate and legal regulations it's up to gangs, dope sellers, importers, distributer and the whole nine to handle business in their own matter. This leads to fueds and other crimes.

For now, I feel that marijuana should be decrminalized but not nessecarily legalized. Meaning the government doesn't endorse the use of the drug but it would loosen up laws and the penalization of persons possessing minor amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Yeah. I'd have to agree. I actually don't smoke weed though. But I think if people aren't hurting anybody else then they should be able to do what they want. And aren't things worse BECAUSE it's illegal?...like I think I read somewhere about some study conducted that said that the crime rate would go down if weed were legalized...like even murder rate would go down....don't quote me though...I have to go find the article...

We should legalize everything that's illegal now, and the crime rate would drop to 0. Crime has been eliminated!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Yes, weed being illegal does create more problems and crime would go down were it to be legalized and regulated by govt aid. Reason being that when you aren't able to attain a product legally, there will be a "black market." Obviously its typically shady characters involved in a business like that and since there are no legitimate and legal regulations it's up to gangs, dope sellers, importers, distributer and the whole nine to handle business in their own matter. This leads to fueds and other crimes.

For now, I feel that marijuana should be decrminalized but not nessecarily legalized. Meaning the government doesn't endorse the use of the drug but it would loosen up laws and the penalization of persons possessing minor amounts.
    Wow. It's nice to hear that coming from a person in your profession. If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember reading somewhere that you're in law enforcement. I used to smoke a lot of weed. Never officially quit, but I don't have any connections any more, so I guess I'm a 'pothead on hiatus,' or something. It's probably a surprise to anyone reading this that has read a few of my posts and finding out that I wasn't stoned when I wrote them. Anyway, agree with you on decriminalization vs. outright legalization. I don't see anything wrong with it, but having it be illegal probably keeps a lot of people from being permanently baked. Hell, if it was legal, I'd probably have a patch growing in my back yard myself
    Suggested penalties for post-decriminalization:
    posession under 1oz - slap on wrist
    posession 1oz & above - $25 fine and slap on wrist
    sale - $50 fine and 2 slaps on wrist

Lets take a bite out of crime.

BTW, assuming I didn't make up the part about you being five-oh, beat, what kind of criminals are your prey? Feel free to PM your answer if you don't mind telling me but not the rest of the world.

MBTI
    GONE

Just move to CA and join a medical cannabis club. And then get married to your hot gay lover.

All you wannabe Californians.

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Just move to CA and join a medical cannabis club. And then get married to your hot gay lover.

Nah. I likes it here in teh arkansawz.
    who told you about my hot gay lover?!?~!!1! ssshhhhhhh!!!!
    she's 100% certain that i'm a hairy, small-breasted woman with a horribly deformed clitoris.
    and we've already been married almost ten years.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post

Hmmmmmm.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Eye-In-TiPi View Post
    Wow. It's nice to hear that coming from a person in your profession. If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember reading somewhere that you're in law enforcement. I used to smoke a lot of weed. Never officially quit, but I don't have any connections any more, so I guess I'm a 'pothead on hiatus,' or something. It's probably a surprise to anyone reading this that has read a few of my posts and finding out that I wasn't stoned when I wrote them. Anyway, agree with you on decriminalization vs. outright legalization. I don't see anything wrong with it, but having it be illegal probably keeps a lot of people from being permanently baked. Hell, if it was legal, I'd probably have a patch growing in my back yard myself
    Suggested penalties for post-decriminalization:
    posession under 1oz - slap on wrist
    posession 1oz & above - $25 fine and slap on wrist
    sale - $50 fine and 2 slaps on wrist

Lets take a bite out of crime.

BTW, assuming I didn't make up the part about you being five-oh, beat, what kind of criminals are your prey? Feel free to PM your answer if you don't mind telling me but not the rest of the world.
    I'm not in law enforcement yet, I'm currently in the military/school.

I believe a lot, possibly even a majority of cops feel the regulations on Marijuana should be diminished to an extent. But I can't really speak for everyone, so don't quote me on that.

Hypothetically, if I were an officer now, I obviously wouldn't turn a blind eye to all that is Marijuana related... It's not like I'm an activist in favor of the drug but in general I don't see a reason that makes sense to me, to arrest someone for having a little herb on them. But that all depends on the circumstances, I suppose. Prior history of legal trouble/drug use. Are they operating a vehicle while impaired or in the company of children/minors? etc. You get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Hmmmmmm.
    haha. What?

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

Hey, stop talking crap on Cali. The place rules.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think they should bring back the stocks, public floggings, and dungeons. Yeah, see what you get for smokin' that doob!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INXP

I think they should swap the swear of allegiance for an acid trip and hendrix.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.