User Tag List

First 123 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    are you telling us to get lifes? because i refuse i'm gonna become a pile of bones, if you try to make me again
    Haha no of course not. That would be ridiculously hypocritical coming from me.

The letter was to typology, not the people here.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Let's be honest here: Myers is to blame. Kiersey was an accomplice. The theory is shit and it's all their fault. The only way to improve MBTI is to abolish it entirely.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    You have a great personality, in fact you have several
    Oh my god, this would make a great breakup line. Well, if by great you mean kinda mean and probably offensive to mentally ill people. But also kindof great.
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Let's be honest here: Myers is to blame. Kiersey was an accomplice. The theory is shit and it's all their fault. The only way to improve MBTI is to abolish it entirely.
    I agree to an extent. Although of course abolishing it leaves a nice void open for something else to move in and caress us with it's affirming ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Oh my god, this would make a great breakup line. Well, if by great you mean kinda mean and probably offensive to mentally ill people. But also kindof great.
    I hadn't thought of that, but yeah could be worth a try. Have to find a relationship first.....
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I like this thread...

Clever.

garbage

"We're just not.. ... compatible.."

Not every system's gonna cleanly fit everyone. It's ok

Big Five is bar none the most reliable, repeatable, and consistent for me. Not so for others.

You could screw with everyone by picking, say, ISTP. See if people treat you differently on the forums.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Whichever type is the walking, talking pity party--that's you.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Whichever type is the walking, talking pity party--that's you.
    It's interesting you say that actually. If I can be sincere for a moment, and I don't want to, I would say what I do is venting, it could be called a pity party, but only in that people see the need to send pity my way, when from my point of view I am not after pity.

Attention maybe, like most humans if they would admit it, but not necessarily pity. Once I vent I dance away and it's all free and dandy again.

That said...life sucks man!!! *cuts face with chicken wire and a cheese grater*

*Hrugghn*

- A.A. Milne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

@AffirmitiveAnxiety

The search for identity is something most people struggle with their whole lives.

For me, my identity disappears when I sit still, when I'm not DOING. This drives me insane, as my identity can only exist when it is made tangible. So I have to work on my Ni and get in touch with my identity.

You are searching hard for your identity and hope to find it in typology. What you must realize, is that there is who you THINK you are, and how you come off to others. It is important to CHOOSE who you are. Often times, who you want to be the most, is who you actually are, or it is your anima.

Some people are so objective about their identities that it drives them nuts. They only go by what others say of them. ESFJ's and ENFJ's are this way.

Some others are SO egocentric, such as ISFP's and INFP's, that they will fight you to the death over what they believe themselves to be, even if it is completely off base. But the strength they have, is their identity.

So I would look into yourself at this point. its clear that you want identity, but you are going about it through a "scientific" system that you believe you can use objectively. At some point you will have to simply choose who you want to be, and tell everyone that that's who you are. It makes no difference.

But when you decide to do this, don't go around telling everyone what your type is. lol. you'll fuck typology up.