User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    Plastic surgery is more effective for my face shape. not much can be done for the shape of your face with makeup. Makeup is better at hiding a big nose, zits, big pores, bringing out your good features (which is ineffective again because of my hideous face) etc.. can't alter the shape of your face which is definetely what I need.
    would you do me a favor and post a couple images of someone you think is unattractive and a couple you think are attractive? just wanna sort of gauge where you're at with that.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh this seems like a fun practice...for most anybody.

i'd say

age/hormones 40%
    town 30%
    self concept 15%
    parents 10%
    priorities 5%
    I would differ with the percentages; but even so 50% is within her control (counting moving away after high school), the 10% due to parents won't be a problem if she moves away, and the 40% due to age and hormones won't be a problem in a few years. So surgery would only fix maybe a tiny fraction of it, and dwelling on the negative doesn't fix any of it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I would differ with the percentages; but even so 50% is within her control (counting moving away after high school), the 10% due to parents won't be a problem if she moves away, and the 40% due to age and hormones won't be a problem in a few years. So surgery would only fix maybe a tiny fraction of it, and dwelling on the negative doesn't fix any of it.
    agreed...older...new town that's most of it right there.

and it's super expensive anyway...it would likely take awhile to save for it and maybe by then she'd rather buy a house or something.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't want to be a jerk, but I feel compelled to tell you that relying on outside forces to solve your problems doesn't work. Do what you can to change your own situation. Aside from surgery, can you think of 5 things which will improve your life and self image right now? Do those before you consider anything so drastic.

Ok, I'm out of here because I've given entirely too much unsolicited advice and have said everything important.
    /Fe

Best of luck!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Do you have an account on SAS or something? I got banned from that site and that ban is lifted in just over 2 days.
    I am ugly though, I'm not paranoid when I hear things like that. What would getting me treatment for BDD do if I'm actually ugly. I have no desire to connect with people anymore because I am ugly and people will shun me for it.
    If I get enough of it (plastic surgery) it will work. won't it?
    No, I don't have an account there but I read your posts through a bit on ask.fm.

I'm not saying you are paranoid, I am saying you aren't seeing yourself with clear, balanced sight. You're not seeing your true value.

Read a bit more on some common cognitive distortions here. At first you may have some trouble recognizing that you do this. (Which is normal btw because you've come to believe that the way you're thinking IS normal and thus true.) But if you work with a counselor, you'll start to see better when your thinking is becoming distorted, and exactly what cognitive distortion you are using to hurt yourself with.

If, after counseling and some sincere work on your part, you decide you would still like to get a nose job or some other facial change completed, that's your prerogative. Cosmetic procedures are readily available and you may indeed decide to go that direction. But first you need to see yourself more clearly. Me being able to help you with this is not possible in this venue. But if you live where I think you do, finding an affordable, local counselor will be doable. Choose someone you feel some connection to, realize you don't have to talk to the first person you meet if you don't feel comfortable. And I suspect you'll be more at ease with a female ... might be something to keep in mind.

See, this isn't about whether you are attractive or not. It's about how you think about yourself and how that negative evaluation is contaminating every other area of your life. Work on your thinking, lunar, it is the first and best place to start.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah you could start working out and being super healthy...i mean if you're lazin about eating junk food it can make you sort of feel like a worthless blob after awhile. like...regardless of how you look.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Plastic surgery is more effective for my face shape. not much can be done for the shape of your face with makeup. Makeup is better at hiding a big nose, zits, big pores, bringing out your good features (which is ineffective again because of my hideous face) etc.. can't alter the shape of your face which is definetely what I need.
    If you want to see ugly, you should look at pictures of me

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    would you do me a favor and post a couple images of someone you think is unattractive and a couple you think are attractive? just wanna sort of gauge where you're at with that.
    My computer is too slow to provide links and pictures right now
    But a few I find attractive are: Bella Thorne, Kristen Stewart, Hayley Williams, Taylor Momsen
    Unattractive: Sarah jessica parker, Florence Welch
    MBTI: ISFP
    Enneagram tritype: 9w8, 7w6,4w3
    Cognitive functions: Fi-Si-Se-Ti-Ni-Ne-Te-Fe

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/249715.png

Ask me questions
    http://www.ask.fm/lunareclipzes3

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    If you want to see ugly, you should look at pictures of me
    All she's going to tell you is that you are not as ugly as she is. And from an INTERIOR perspective, a thinking perspective, this may be accurate. Your interior picture is not as clouded as hers atm.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

My computer is too slow to provide links and pictures right now
    But a few I find attractive are: Bella Thorne, Kristen Stewart, Hayley Williams, Taylor Momsen
    Unattractive: Sarah jessica parker, Florence Welch
    that works thanks.

so...if you were to say...rate those unattractive people. like you did yourself. what would you say they were?