User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Who exactly insults your looks, and how frequently?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If you have genuinely bad features, it can cause problems, but doesn't always. It certainly will not consign you to a life of virginity, but it might make it difficult to gain the interest of partners you want. However, you can still pass on your features to any children you might have, so it is wise to come clean to any serious romantic partner, if you have surgery.

FWIW, a lot of people believe they are ugly when they are young and they are not ugly. But some people are and, IMO, if getting plastic surgery makes them feel better, more power to them.

It's not that much different, to me, than getting your teeth straightened, which was one of the best things my mother ever did for me. But one of my kids inherited my horribly crooked teeth and I have not been able to pay to get them fixed yet. This has not kept her from doing well in school or kept guys from hitting on her. Her teachers/professors have almost always liked her and helped her in any way they could and she works for her university helping students with writing papers.

So your appearance might not hinder you as much as you think, but if you can't get past feeling that you are hideously ugly, it will effect your behavior and people will react to that.

Edit: And if kids at school realize that calling you ugly gets the reaction they want, they will keep doing it, even if you aren't actually ugly. They just fish around saying shit until something gets a reaction.
    It's not just people at school. It's people on the bus, in stores, the bank, the gym, the library :/ WTF did I do to deserve this?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Who exactly insults your looks, and how frequently?
    Strangers everywhere I go and most times I go out, particularly in the sun light.

I've never understood this, the opinions of those who are setting out to hurt you should be the last you pay any attention to, they are invalid because you know their aim is only to hurt you and not give any kind of true reflection of reality.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I've never understood this, the opinions of those who are setting out to hurt you should be the last you pay any attention to, they are invalid because you know their aim is only to hurt you and not give any kind of true reflection of reality.
    Well when EVERYONE is saying it. It seems unlikely that I'll ever find love, get married or get to do anything non-hideous people get to do or happiness.
    MBTI: ISFP
    Enneagram tritype: 9w8, 7w6,4w3
    Cognitive functions: Fi-Si-Se-Ti-Ni-Ne-Te-Fe

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/249715.png

Ask me questions
    http://www.ask.fm/lunareclipzes3

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    It's not just people at school. It's people on the bus, in stores, the bank, the gym, the library :/ WTF did I do to deserve this?
    Are you sure about that? I mean even people who have stigmatising physical deformities dont get that much attention or people deliberately try not to pay attention to them.

There's truth in the saying that you'd be a lot less worried about what people think of you if you realised how seldom they do.

Are you sure about that? I mean even people who have stigmatising physical deformities dont get that much attention or people deliberately try not to pay attention to them.

There's truth in the saying that you'd be a lot less worried about what people think of you if you realised how seldom they do.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Strangers everywhere I go and most times I go out, particularly in the sun light.
    So wait, people are actually insulting you as you take the bus to go somewhere, or when you are at the library trying to study? What type of things do they say?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

Well I said I'm about a 1.5/10.. (and i think that's pretty accurate) they don't get it because people feel sorry for them but when someone is just plain ugly it's okay to make fun of them and yes I'm sure.
    MBTI: ISFP
    Enneagram tritype: 9w8, 7w6,4w3
    Cognitive functions: Fi-Si-Se-Ti-Ni-Ne-Te-Fe

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/249715.png

Ask me questions
    http://www.ask.fm/lunareclipzes3

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain

Well when EVERYONE is saying it. It seems unlikely that I'll ever find love, get married or get to do anything non-hideous people get to do or happiness.
    Well I'm physically stunning, have an amazing personality and am an ENTJ for Christ's sake, and I remain single/unmarried and love comes and goes, I'm surving and happy enough.

Why cant you focus on being responsible for some kind of research break through or accomplishment like that?