User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    I am very ugly. I need a lot of plastic surgery and I won't go to college until I get plastic surgery no matter how I make money.
    I want
    - A lot of cheek work done, my cheeks are awful. They are very manlike and unattractive. I don't know what surgeries I will need but they definetely need surgery on.
    - I need at least 1 nose job. My nose is too big and it's pointed out to me on a daily basis.
    - I want my jaw shaved and my chin altered to be a little more feminine (my chin isn't awful but it needs a little bit of work)

My cheeks and nose are definetely my worst features. I get I look like a man because of my cheeks and jaw area.
    Something tells me this won't cost anywhere near as much as $100,000 but a few people have said it might.
    What do you think? Should this make me atleast a 5-6/10. I'm about a 1.5/10 in the face right now.
    Will this actually cost $100,000 because I estimated it around half that and people have told me it could be $100,000
    It sounds like you surround yourself with shallow shitlords.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm actually ugly though, I'm not imagining it. I hear it a lot, too much.
    Having the same people constantly offer the same insults doesn't really count, though. People that constantly insult your looks, knowing that it's hurtful, are doing it less because of your looks and more because they have their own personal motives to sabotage you.

This is, sadly, doubly true if it's your parents and siblings.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Typically, when people call others ugly, they're often envious. This is especially true of people your age. It's when people don't say anything about you that would make me a little suspicious.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@lunareclipze

Based on how much you are obsessed with that, and also in how low your self esteem seems to be, I believe your issues are legit and that you would benefit from surgery.

It's easy for people to say that a therapist would solve your problems, but that's a generic advice that doesn't apply to extreme cases. Today I read an article about a woman who couldn't get a job because of how ugly she was ( though you don't seem to be that extreme). Some dentists ended up giving her a teeth job for free.

You could try to find a surgeon outside of US, as they will usually charge less. Brazil is a nice pick, I believe. Thailand is probably cheaper, but I don't know how reliable their doctors are.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I am very ugly. I need a lot of plastic surgery and I won't go to college until I get plastic surgery no matter how I make money.
    I want
    - A lot of cheek work done, my cheeks are awful. They are very manlike and unattractive. I don't know what surgeries I will need but they definetely need surgery on.
    - I need at least 1 nose job. My nose is too big and it's pointed out to me on a daily basis.
    - I want my jaw shaved and my chin altered to be a little more feminine (my chin isn't awful but it needs a little bit of work)

My cheeks and nose are definetely my worst features. I get I look like a man because of my cheeks and jaw area.
    Something tells me this won't cost anywhere near as much as $100,000 but a few people have said it might.
    What do you think? Should this make me atleast a 5-6/10. I'm about a 1.5/10 in the face right now.
    Will this actually cost $100,000 because I estimated it around half that and people have told me it could be $100,000
    Only you can decide if this will help you in the way you think it will. I don't think this plastic surgery to be any different than say, breast implants or nose jobs, that are very commonplace as long as you're doing it knowing it's not a cure-all. I would recommend at least some counseling prior to this, if you choose to do it.

If this is for your own internal sense of "I feel beautiful now and I don't care what people say because I feel comfortable in my skin now." Then I don't see an issue. If this operation gets done and you still get the same type of comments - would that make you regret what you did? Would you still feel ugly? Those are questions that you may want to consider talking to someone about before going under the knife.

Best of luck and I wish you peace with whatever you decide.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    If this is a legit post, my answer is that you would get way more out a fraction the cost spent on psychiatric help. People with critically poor self-image do not usually feel satisfied with the results of plastic surgery.
    That was my thoughts exactly, sort of after the initial shock of what was posted wore off.

I'm sure there are people who think this way but, man, I'd hope it was pretty rare.

The connection between college and a notional beauty/attraction too, what's the story there? I mean college is supposed to be about learning and qualifications for life, not a beauty pagent and popularity contest.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    That was my thoughts exactly, sort of after the initial shock of what was posted wore off.

I'm sure there are people who think this way but, man, I'd hope it was pretty rare.

The connection between college and a notional beauty/attraction too, what's the story there? I mean college is supposed to be about learning and qualifications for life, not a beauty pagent and popularity contest.
    i dont want to be made fun of there like i am now

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    @lunareclipze

Based on how much you are obsessed with that, and also in how low your self esteem seems to be, I believe your issues are legit and that you would benefit from surgery.

It's easy for people to say that a therapist would solve your problems, but that's a generic advice that doesn't apply to extreme cases. Today I read an article about a woman who couldn't get a job because of how ugly she was ( though you don't seem to be that extreme). Some dentists ended up giving her a teeth job for free.

You could try to find a surgeon outside of US, as they will usually charge less. Brazil is a nice pick, I believe. Thailand is probably cheaper, but I don't know how reliable their doctors are.
    In a sense I know what you mean posting this, it could very well be wasted money on therapy given what I know about therapy and therapists but I'm pretty sure there is liable to be truth in what Magic said about satisfaction with the actual cosmetic surgery too, there's some completely shocking cases of celebrity cosmetic obsession and self-esteem issues, Michael Jackson's transformation from a young black man into a middle aged white woman is only one of the examples I can think of.

The whole "years of therapy vs. let them do it" idea has been bandied about here, in relation to a lot of things but including extreme body make overs, including, and I know that it is not a question of cosmetic or even identity issues in most cases, gender reassignment. There have been cases that became urban myths of people undergoing gender reassignment or getting ever inch of themselves tattooed only to develop this kind of "how did society let me do this to myself?" indignation followed up with some serious therapy then to try and stablise them enough that they can remain at large and living in the community.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    @lunareclipze

I don't want a job because I want as few people as possible to see me looking like this :/ it's kind of a no-win situation.

i dont want to be made fun of there like i am now
    You shouldnt be being made fun of, now or in the future, you shouldnt make choices purely based upon the behaviour of others because its the last thing you can actively be sure you will be able to influence. I would hope that this bullying behaviour would stop amongst an older peer group because maturation and changes in priorities as people age can do that but who knows, cruelty has currency, from what I've seen in the US especially so as the shoots are kind of a testamony to. Although it says more about them than you.

Dont let others control and compell you by their making fun of you. That is not freedom.