MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    This is the actress I was thinking of: Nikki Cox

The big lip ideal has gone way overboard, and yet it is weird that I find myself feeling like I need bigger lips. It is interesting to notice how media ideas influence self, even when we reject these ideas rationally, they can still embed subconsciously and emotionally.
    That is so horrible. I've never seen that before. It's hard to believe that people are doing this to themselves and it's considered normal.

I'm very much into researching plastic surgery because it fascinates me. Pretty much every star has has nose surgery and they all get the same nose. It's insane.

This one really threw me over the edge. He looked like a surfer dude before (albeit a bit younger and after he has that hardened hollywood nose look. (before also looks somewhat like the nose that runs in my family)
    Another pic that is more similar http://plasticsergeant.com/files/ima...s-nose-job.jpg

When you start researching you start to be able to tell when people have surgery.

Also, fia, you are so lucky you didn't have that surgery. My cousin and friend both did (different parts of the USA, different doctors) and it really did nothing good. It even killed the nerves in my friend's face and now she has no feeling in her chin.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    no i was thhikning about selling my kidney
    I don't think they go for more than $20K. Probably less. Too many people in absolute poverty bringing the price down.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I don't think they go for more than $20K. Probably less. Too many people in absolute poverty bringing the price down.
    I heard on the black market they can go for up to 270k
    MBTI: ISFP
    Enneagram tritype: 9w8, 7w6,4w3
    Cognitive functions: Fi-Si-Se-Ti-Ni-Ne-Te-Fe

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/249715.png

Ask me questions
    http://www.ask.fm/lunareclipzes3

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I'd wager that that's what happened. Scar tissues.

There are cases where plastic surgery is a necessity - people born with disfiguration, or an accident left them disfigured, or burn victims, or someone who IS LITERALLY wanting a change in identity (down to the core) - like trans men and women.

She is not looking to change her core identity, I don't think she even thought of it that deeply (or self-reflected to that point). Therein lies the potential danger.

It's like @lunareclipze is looking at funhouse mirrors.

@lunareclipze, I know it will be hard to believe, but once you leave your high school and your shitty neighbourhood, the world out there is going to be much different (when you go off to college). You'll still find judgemental people (you're one of them) - but you'll also find others who are like-minded like you.

Work on being a person who others want to be around, be friends with - and save the money you have to enable you to leave your current world behind, for college, the rest of your life. Rather than spending it on plastic surgery.
    how am i judgemental?

Ask me questions

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    She's everywhere.

Watching.
    Waiting.
    She'll only come out at night.
    The lean and hungry type.
    Nothing is new, I've seen her here before,
    Watching and waiting,
    Ooh, she's sittin' with you
    But her eyes are on the door.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I've wondered how that happens in plastic surgery? It is scar tissue from the healing process? There is one actress who was exquisitely beautiful with long red hair, but I can't remember her name. Her face became scarred like that from plastic surgery. It is heart-breaking to see that happen.

The extreme forms that @lunareclipze is talking about does sound scary. It sounds like it could go very wrong.
    Oh well I might as well just take the chance because if I stay in the present form I'm in I'll never ever have a boyfriend that isn't under 300 pounds, covered in zits and actually has any sense of good hygiene.

Ask me questions

- Kurt Cobain

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    I heard on the black market they can go for up to 270k
    I don't know how accurate this article is, but apparently, even when organs go for a lot, the donor only receives a fraction of the money. If I could get $270K for one of my kidneys I'd probably do it so my kids could have a decent start in life, so if you are able to get that, please let me know. My kidneys are older, but my blood type is O+ and I don't smoke or drink and I'm not overweight, so one might still be worth something.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Anew Leaf

I love it when people bring up the "Black market" like it's some easy entity to buy and trade from. And clearly it is part of a system of rules and regulations so you don't sign some piece of paper and wake up swiss cheesed of organs because why they were at it they took half the liver, a lung, and possibly the spleen BECAUSE WHY NOT.

The black market is another way of saying "here's a totally easy way to earn and receive a Darwin Award."

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Sell your eggs. That way you'll have money and more people in the population will look like the original you thus making you even more pretty.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

There's that, as a buyer... and as a seller, you know how many people get ganked by cops trying to hock stuff or arrange for crimes to occur?

Plus, you need a surgeon who is actually reputable enough to take it out and put it back in someone else, and who will risk their license doing so. All those years of med school...!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft