User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    I am very ugly. I need a lot of plastic surgery and I won't go to college until I get plastic surgery no matter how I make money.
    I want
    - A lot of cheek work done, my cheeks are awful. They are very manlike and unattractive. I don't know what surgeries I will need but they definetely need surgery on.
    - I need at least 1 nose job. My nose is too big and it's pointed out to me on a daily basis.
    - I want my jaw shaved and my chin altered to be a little more feminine (my chin isn't awful but it needs a little bit of work)

My cheeks and nose are definetely my worst features. I get I look like a man because of my cheeks and jaw area.
    Something tells me this won't cost anywhere near as much as $100,000 but a few people have said it might.
    What do you think? Should this make me atleast a 5-6/10. I'm about a 1.5/10 in the face right now.
    Will this actually cost $100,000 because I estimated it around half that and people have told me it could be $100,000
    I'm not certain what to make of this thread, but out of curiosity, do you have access to $100K at age 17-18? Is all this an option for you? There are aspects to my features that I would ideally like to change, but even at my age, I probably wouldn't have the money to do it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Fia!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    You should google Jocelyn Wildenstein.
    There's also lessons to be learned from Michael Jackson.

And many others who came before you, thinking that external surgery would heal internal wounds.

Or....here:

I think you are really seeking attention, and positive validation, with this thread. I don't think your original question, of asking whether you should get surgery, will be swayed either way with what we say unless it matches what you want to hear. But, in the meantime, you have 22 pages of people interacting with you - with the comfort of a computer screen between you and us.

I hope it helped.
    I've wondered how that happens in plastic surgery? It is scar tissue from the healing process? There is one actress who was exquisitely beautiful with long red hair, but I can't remember her name. Her face became scarred like that from plastic surgery. It is heart-breaking to see that happen.

The extreme forms that @lunareclipze is talking about does sound scary. It sounds like it could go very wrong.
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This is the actress I was thinking of: Nikki Cox

The big lip ideal has gone way overboard, and yet it is weird that I find myself feeling like I need bigger lips. It is interesting to notice how media ideas influence self, even when we reject these ideas rationally, they can still embed subconsciously and emotionally.
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Look not everyone is going to be super model pretty. Who cares. It's not something one should obsess about. Also almost everyone looks better between 20-30 then they do at 17.

Those actors playing teenagers in TV shows are usually mid twenties. That's why they look so put together. Not to mention the make up people, stylists and lighting people.

So ill tell you what I believe. I believe it doesn't matter what you look like. You need to get to a healthy place with it.

I'm done now because as much as I want to help you. It's obvious that it doesn't matter what I say.
    Not being a super model is okay. being a 2/10 is not.
    MBTI: ISFP
    Enneagram tritype: 9w8, 7w6,4w3
    Cognitive functions: Fi-Si-Se-Ti-Ni-Ne-Te-Fe

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/249715.png

Ask me questions
    http://www.ask.fm/lunareclipzes3

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Anyways, I am formally posting that I'm out of this thread from here on out. Not because I think this is a fraud, but because I know anything else I would say is a reiteration of what I've already said.

I do believe you are legitimately hurting and I do hope you seek help with that.

Lunar, if you would like further information on obtaining local counselling, please feel free to PM.

eta:
    Not being a super model is okay. being a 2/10 is not.
    Look, improvement already! Yesterday you were 1.5 out of 10, imagine how much happier you'll be working on these negative thoughts!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Lunareclipze: I think you should try to talk to a councilor. You seem to be dealing with some old messages, probably from childhood that are telling you that you aren't good enough. You would almost certainly feel this way even if you were constantly complimented on your appearance, because you cannot really hear what others are saying to you. I believe this is called body dysmorphic disorder, and you can overcome it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm actually ugly though, I'm not imagining it. I hear it a lot, too much.
    I don't want to be a single virgin the rest of my life.
    Go for it, then report back here with the results.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@lunareclipze When I was 18 I was finally able to get braces on my teeth because we couldn't afford them before. When I went to the orthodontist to get my bicupsids pulled in preparation for the braces, he told me that I had a "witchy chin", and if could just do surgery, then I would have a classic profile. He described to me that they would need to cut out the back end of my jaw, pull the chin back, and then insert screws in my jaw.

It was a horrific day in my life because it was also over 100 degrees and I had no car, so my brother came with me and we had to walk five miles from the college. We walked back, and I had the bloody gauze in my teeth, thinking the entire way about my "witchy chin". I think all the negative feelings around the experience embedded it more deeply in my feelings. Now that I'm a bit older the outline beneath my chin is not as articulated with the skin, so I do have feelings of self-consciousness about that aspect of my appearance.

I spent my teenage years feeling like a horrific, ugly monster, but in pictures I see now that I was cute. I would caution teenagers away from plastic surgery because the physiology of your brain and body are in flux, and it is difficult to be objective. I do think it would be worth it for you to spend some money on a stylist, get your hair done beautifully, find flattering clothes, and also go to counseling. You may learn a new way to contextualize your appearance. Looking "manly" isn't necessarily ugly. Think of women like Xena, and other superhero types. They have manly jaws and shoulders, but are also incredibly beautiful. There are ways to reinvent what we have and make the most of it.

I would also recommend indulging in sensory experiences that make your body feel good. Rejecting our appearance is rejecting our physical self, and we need to form a positive connection to just being in our own skin. Indulge in the best tasting dinners, notice the feeling of the sun on your skin.

The truth is that even the most beautiful people eventually look "ugly" and non-sexual when they grow old. External appearance is fleeting. It is also social by nature. If you were the only person on planet earth, appearance would be irrelevant. It is all about how people respond to us socially that drives our attachment to appearance.

I don't know if this is for real, but it definitely is for many people.
    (from Blue Velvet)

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I've wondered how that happens in plastic surgery? It is scar tissue from the healing process? There is one actress who was exquisitely beautiful with long red hair, but I can't remember her name. Her face became scarred like that from plastic surgery. It is heart-breaking to see that happen.

The extreme forms that @lunareclipze is talking about does sound scary. It sounds like it could go very wrong.
    I'd wager that that's what happened. Scar tissues.

There are cases where plastic surgery is a necessity - people born with disfiguration, or an accident left them disfigured, or burn victims, or someone who IS LITERALLY wanting a change in identity (down to the core) - like trans men and women.

She is not looking to change her core identity, I don't think she even thought of it that deeply (or self-reflected to that point). Therein lies the potential danger.

It's like @lunareclipze is looking at funhouse mirrors.

@lunareclipze, I know it will be hard to believe, but once you leave your high school and your shitty neighbourhood, the world out there is going to be much different (when you go off to college). You'll still find judgemental people (you're one of them) - but you'll also find others who are like-minded like you.

Work on being a person who others want to be around, be friends with - and save the money you have to enable you to leave your current world behind, for college, the rest of your life. Rather than spending it on plastic surgery.