User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    yupp

you'll never be satisfied with your outer appearance until you're satisfied with your inner

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

It would help if we saw a picture.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    It would help if we saw a picture.
    No it wouldn't. If people actually find her ugly, she'll feel compelled to get the plastic surgery, and if people find her attractive, she will refuse to believe it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    I am very ugly. I need a lot of plastic surgery and I won't go to college until I get plastic surgery no matter how I make money.
    I want
    - A lot of cheek work done, my cheeks are awful. They are very manlike and unattractive. I don't know what surgeries I will need but they definetely need surgery on.
    - I need at least 1 nose job. My nose is too big and it's pointed out to me on a daily basis.
    - I want my jaw shaved and my chin altered to be a little more feminine (my chin isn't awful but it needs a little bit of work)

My cheeks and nose are definetely my worst features. I get I look like a man because of my cheeks and jaw area.
    Something tells me this won't cost anywhere near as much as $100,000 but a few people have said it might.
    What do you think? Should this make me atleast a 5-6/10. I'm about a 1.5/10 in the face right now.
    Will this actually cost $100,000 because I estimated it around half that and people have told me it could be $100,000
    For people getting actual face-feminization surgery, full package (nose, chin, forehead, removal of browpossing, cheeks, lips, etc.), you can get all that done max for probably $50-60K by reputable surgeons and most people are more in the realm of $20-40K.

But maybe there are other solutions to your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    No it wouldn't. If people actually find her ugly, she'll feel compelled to get the plastic surgery, and if people find her attractive, she will refuse to believe it.
    That's probably one of the problems right there -- an internalized negative self-image that is reinforced regardless of what is said.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Which is basically the U's thread all over again................................. /wrist

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

While we're at it, I think a little more feedback would be absolutely bad-ass.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

If you have genuinely bad features, it can cause problems, but doesn't always. It certainly will not consign you to a life of virginity, but it might make it difficult to gain the interest of partners you want. However, you can still pass on your features to any children you might have, so it is wise to come clean to any serious romantic partner, if you have surgery.

FWIW, a lot of people believe they are ugly when they are young and they are not ugly. But some people are and, IMO, if getting plastic surgery makes them feel better, more power to them.

It's not that much different, to me, than getting your teeth straightened, which was one of the best things my mother ever did for me. But one of my kids inherited my horribly crooked teeth and I have not been able to pay to get them fixed yet. This has not kept her from doing well in school or kept guys from hitting on her. Her teachers/professors have almost always liked her and helped her in any way they could and she works for her university helping students with writing papers.

So your appearance might not hinder you as much as you think, but if you can't get past feeling that you are hideously ugly, it will effect your behavior and people will react to that.

Edit: And if kids at school realize that calling you ugly gets the reaction they want, they will keep doing it, even if you aren't actually ugly. They just fish around saying shit until something gets a reaction.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    For people getting actual face-feminization surgery, full package (nose, chin, forehead, removal of browpossing, cheeks, lips, etc.), you can get all that done max for probably $50-60K by reputable surgeons and most people are more in the realm of $20-40K.

That's probably one of the problems right there -- an internalized negative self-image that is reinforced regardless of what is said
    I thought it would run higher than that. I've thought about it once or twice myself. My face is on the masculine side as well...not what someone would call "beautiful". But I think it's a waste of time because of the bolded. Love yourself...inside and out.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I thought it would run higher than that. I've thought about it once or twice myself. My face is on the masculine side as well...not what someone would call "beautiful". But I think it's a waste of time because of the bolded. Love yourself...inside and out.
    And I was thinking too that often the people I find the most beautiful... it's because they have "different" features that are emphasized and there is this haunting uniqueness to their face that is stunning.

And in the end, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I may meet someone that at first glance I don't think is especially physically attractive... but once I get to know them and their personality and humor and who they are... they will turn into the most beautiful person to me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I thought it would run higher than that.
    Well, for one, you end up doing some things (or all) in the same surgery because some parts of the face are proportional to others. That cuts back on some costs. And it's for people who want to look female, which might not be the same as "the most gorgeous female face that ever existed." You can certainly managed to spend more than $100K if you keep going back and back.

But I think it's a waste of time because of the bolded. Love yourself...inside and out.
    yeah. I think in some cases, depending on the feature, it can help someone, but typically you have to do all the inner work first rather than using it in lieu of the inner work.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    And I was thinking too that often the people I find the most beautiful... it's because they have "different" features that are emphasized and there is this haunting uniqueness to their face that is stunning.
    Well, everyone does know (for example) about Jennifer Grey and the nose. Sigh.

And some people just look worse after it. Did they plan to? No. But it happens. (Re: Meg Ryan.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft