User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I think you're underestimating the extent of the ignorant jerkiness factor and the effect that can have on a impressionable mind. Yes, it's a super-impressionable mind, to be sure, but in a world where there are people who actually say something this dumb :

...to be helpful, you can't just say it's all (or even mostly) in her head.

This thread seems to be full of people assuming she's crazy, instead of realizing that she's fairly typical of most young girls, for whom body image is an all-consuming fixation. This girl is the inevitable result of so much that is wrong with society. It's not her that needs fixing, IMO.
    I agree if there is blame or responsibility to be assigned it is with society, and I don't believe she's crazy. Crazy is relative, anyway. Only that however it came about, I think her perspective is very skewed, and focusing on seeing things more realistically can help a lot. After all, the first step in changing society is changing your internalization of it.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

If you can't sex people up with your soul than they aren't worth being your soul-mate I would say.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Well, I've invested a bit of time into this now ... you are an attractive young lady. I can attest to the fact you're not seeing yourself clearly. Please find a cognitive behavioural therapist in your area - CBT can be quite effective for body dysmorphic disorders. Or perhaps there's come counselling you can access through school - try going to the guidance office and see if the staff there can start you off by recommending local resources or a BDD clinic.

Good luck to you!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    I am very ugly. I need a lot of plastic surgery and I won't go to college until I get plastic surgery no matter how I make money.
    I want
    - A lot of cheek work done, my cheeks are awful. They are very manlike and unattractive. I don't know what surgeries I will need but they definetely need surgery on.
    - I need at least 1 nose job. My nose is too big and it's pointed out to me on a daily basis.
    - I want my jaw shaved and my chin altered to be a little more feminine (my chin isn't awful but it needs a little bit of work)

My cheeks and nose are definetely my worst features. I get I look like a man because of my cheeks and jaw area.
    Something tells me this won't cost anywhere near as much as $100,000 but a few people have said it might.
    What do you think? Should this make me atleast a 5-6/10. I'm about a 1.5/10 in the face right now.
    Will this actually cost $100,000 because I estimated it around half that and people have told me it could be $100,000
    But you need to go to college to actually make the money to get this plastic surgery in the first place.

Glycerine

Your face is ridiculously feminine looking... you're either trolling or you have a bad case of distorted thinking.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Your face is ridiculously feminine looking...
    did she post a picture?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    Well I'd also like to be able to make friends at college as it's too late at high school. If I'm this ugly I cannot though.
    I'm not a troll, I am called ugly near every time I step outside and it's really getting to me.
    If you're in high school, that is precisely why. Have you talked to your parents about this at all? Seriously, high school kids are cruel, mean, dysfunctional little shits that don't know what they want out of life. People do like.. most of their dumb shit in high school. That's just how it is. No one is thinking about the impact they have on others.

Making friends has nothing to do with physical attraction, and I'd argue it is quite easy to make friends despite appearances no matter how they are. I'd say "ugly" people have an easier time with friends and a harder time with friend-zones than attractive people.. who tend to have no friend-zones and always have quasi-i-like-you-but-im-still-your-friend awkward situations.

My friends range from 16 - 60, of all levels of attraction, body type and size, skin color, illness, and any other possible thing that can change a shape from average. Friendship has nothing to do with physical attraction.

Don't bother with high schoolers. Talk to your mom, get into some clubs with some more mature people, or get a hobby of some sort outside of school. Do some volunteer work or something. Anything. When you branch out into the real world, you'll see that there are some little shits that never leave high school and all of it's stupidity.. and there are normal adults that really hate those guys. Luckily, the former is in the minority.

I'll also bet money, like serious money, that when you get out into the real world and operate in it, you'll realize that everyone here was right--that you're obsessing about something that isn't a big deal, and that you can easily adjust your attitude with some proper support channels.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Lets see if this sinks in.

Unattractive girl with a healthy self concept. Doesn't claim to be gorgeous. Maybe even says she doesn't necessarily think she's attractive physically but has other nice qualities.

Automatically like at least a 5 or 6

Unattractive girl that talks about how ugly she is. All the time all over the Internet

Automatically perceived as a 1 or 2

Attractive girl who feels confident she's attractive and talks about it all the time. Boasting about it even.

She's like a 5

Attractive girl with healthy self concept. Doesn't talk about it but is cool with how she looks.

She's like an 8-9

Attractive girl who talks about how ugly she is all over the Internet and is obsessed with it and wants to spend 100k on surgery.

She's like 2

So either way. The least attractive thing about you is your attitude and if you need help. Please get it but your talking about it to strangers online is not cute. It won't give you what you need. It won't help you.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Lets see if this sinks in.

Unattractive girl with a healthy self concept. Doesn't claim to be gorgeous. Maybe even says she doesn't necessarily think she's attractive physically but has other nice qualities.

Automatically like at least a 5 or 6

Unattractive girl that talks about how ugly she is. All the time all over the Internet

Automatically perceived as a 1 or 2

Attractive girl who feels confident she's attractive and talks about it all the time. Boasting about it even.

She's like a 5

Attractive girl with healthy self concept. Doesn't talk about it but is cool with how she looks.

She's like an 8-9

Attractive girl who talks about how ugly she is all over the Internet and is obsessed with it and wants to spend 100k on surgery.

She's like 2

So either way. The least attractive thing about you is your attitude and if you need help. Please get it but your talking about it to strangers online is not cute. It won't give you what you need. It won't help you.
    I'm not trying to be "cute."
    I am hideous
    MBTI: ISFP
    Enneagram tritype: 9w8, 7w6,4w3
    Cognitive functions: Fi-Si-Se-Ti-Ni-Ne-Te-Fe

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/249715.png

Ask me questions
    http://www.ask.fm/lunareclipzes3

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    But you need to go to college to actually make the money to get this plastic surgery in the first place.
    no i was thhikning about selling my kidney
    MBTI: ISFP
    Enneagram tritype: 9w8, 7w6,4w3
    Cognitive functions: Fi-Si-Se-Ti-Ni-Ne-Te-Fe

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/249715.png

Ask me questions
    http://www.ask.fm/lunareclipzes3

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain