User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    If I get enough of it (plastic surgery) it will work. won't it?
    To me, this is a red flag. How much is enough? How would you know when to stop? There will always be something you're not satisfied with. Turning to plastic surgery to try and "fix" your appearance without dealing with the self-esteem and self-image aspect first would most probably create new problems to deal with.

I agree with Udog and PeaceBaby, they have posted really great ideas and advice.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    To me, this is a red flag. How much is enough? How would you know when to stop? There will always be something you're not satisfied with. Turning to plastic surgery to try and "fix" your appearance without dealing with the self-esteem and self-image aspect first would most probably create new problems to deal with.

I agree with Udog and PeaceBaby, they have posted really great ideas and advice.
    I don't think that's necessairly true. I am actually ugly not just someone with BDD who's imaganing it.
    MBTI: ISFP
    Enneagram tritype: 9w8, 7w6,4w3
    Cognitive functions: Fi-Si-Se-Ti-Ni-Ne-Te-Fe

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/249715.png

Ask me questions
    http://www.ask.fm/lunareclipzes3

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I don't think that's necessairly true. I am actually ugly not just someone with BDD who's imaganing it.
    You are missing the point. And no amount of me telling you otherwise here is going to help, because you think your thoughts are objective.

So I reiterate - pursue therapy. There could be 1000 helpful posts in this thread and I know you'll still say the same thing - that you are ugly and the only fix is plastic surgery. 1000 MORE people here could know you irl, tell you you're lovely, and you'd still believe you are ugly and the only fix is plastic surgery.

You aren't looking for advice. You're looking for support of a self-concept.

Can you see that you've closed your mind to any other perspective but your own? Your thinking remains the problem, not your subjective opinion about your looks or the supposed consequences of being ugly for the rest of your life.

Talk to your Mom and Dad. Maybe they will have more empathy for this than you realize. Let them read your link on ask.fm. Or select a few thoughts from that to share with them, like your poems, and tell them this is what you think about yourself. Hopefully they are able to respond in a helpful way, but if not, you can still locate resources yourself. Think about it, let me know what you decide.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Unless it's being the target of ridicule at school I've never heard anyone called ugly to their face and I'm not sure I've heard it behind anyone's back either.

I'm not against plastic surgery but I doubt it's the problem here. Even if you are unattractive I doubt you need as much as you think. Why not post a picture and get honest critiques.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    I want to see a picture of you to compare myself to.
    He's lying.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I just told her about my plans for plastic surgery and she said I was vain and shallow and then said "is this really the person you want to become?"

-_- I just don't want to be called ugly every single place I go in broad daylight.
    You didn't mention the part about selling crystal meth did you? Because surely that would harshen her response.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm still mulling over whether this thread is serious or not, since the tone is so serious but it's lodged in the Fluff Zone.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

I sincerly doubt strangers are calling you ugly. I learned from strangers that 90% of the time they could care less about you, they're too wrapped up in their own shit to even notice someone else. Unless you have a physical deformity that makes people stare.

Infinite Bubble

You've just got an unhealthy obsession, I read your ask.fm page. It's your thought patterns that need to change, not your face.

People can sense your disposition when you go out. I used to get very anxious (still do often) when going out and I got in foul moods when forced to, and people react negatively back to that sort of thing. It comes across in your posture, facial expressions, movement, everything. If you go out like this and people really are being that cruel, it's probably because of this.

Also, there are people who're subconsciously attached to their problem(s) to gain a sense of identity. A trait is picked out and it's inflated and their lives revolve around it, because it's almost "who they are" as a person. I hope you aren't this but say if it might be true - it's possible partly because you seem absolutely adamant that you're ugly even when offered the possibility of not being.

Anew Leaf