User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Save up some money to get nice makeup and therapy instead of plastic surgery. Also, maybe it'd be best if you move out soon.
    I really like cats and food.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't think that a living person could possibly be a 1.5. To me, anything below 2 is reserved for poorly rendered CG monsters.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

To face some facts:
    - There will always be people who find you ugly. And, as a matter of fact, those people will make up a majority of the world. There are sexy sexy famous supermodels and people who dedicate their entire careers to the mere fact that they have physical attraction and appeal--and there are still many people who would reject them and call them ugly. You see it online all the time.
    - Even if you accept yourself for who you are, a part of that is accepting that you are ugly. I don't mean this to say that I presume you ugly (I haven't seen you, and I only have your word to go by) but in the book Jane Eyre (I know, it is fiction, but go with me for a second...) she absolutely was aware of the fact she was plain and ugly.. No one denied that, no one tried to call her beautiful or pretend she was something she wasn't (especially not her)... And yet, who she was was good enough that, despite being ugly, she lived an adventurous, dignified, and love-filled life. Physical looks account for only one aspect in a variety of complex things that is our society and the world. I think part of accepting how you look is seeing other people for how they look too--after all, only an ugly person seems able to see past the ugly parts of others. I don't see many supermodels dating homely looking men, or the other way around. So, trust when I say that as ugly as you think you are, there are far uglier people out there, and there are plenty right at the level you are at that wouldn't have an issue dating someone else at their own level. Whatever scale/number/factor that might be.

... And so. What is the price you then put on convenience? That is all plastic surgery truly is. How convenient is it for you to change the way you see yourself in the mirror?

I used to be a huge HUGE advocate AGAINST plastic surgery--I thought it was a degrading way of 'fixing' flaws that weren't there in the first place for people that couldn't really give a shit less about them.

... But this is reality. And the reality is, many people judge you on the most shallow and stupid of things, and while some people can handle that.. some cannot. And so, if the vicious cycle is that you see the pretty person you are and no one else can and in turn that keeps making you an uglier person on the inside... If changing cheek bones slightly and lifting this and messing with that would potentially create a stress free and worry free life.. I would say no price in the world is too high.

Which brings me back to my point entirely. There are always. Always. Always. People who will think you ugly. And those will be most people in the world. You will do all of that work for others, and they will still not see you any differently than before. (And the other way around? You'll feel bitter and angry at those who suddenly take an interest in you that would refuse to give you the time of day before. You realize how hollow and empty people are when they suddenly notice the pretty girl you already were before.) So the convenience is really just to slightly lessen the reactions of others around you, and very little else.

I am with Lady X on this one. I say spend your money on some serious charisma training first. I have seen some UGLY guys get away with some really hot girls because their charisma and personality shined through. They adapted, and overcame, what is normally a crippling societal crutch. Learning to ignore what others say, to not think of yourself as having nothing to offer, and learning to sell yourself and be more charismatic can go such a long way. A good set of expensive make-up and some clear instructions on make-up artistry can go a LONG LONG way. Those celebrity pictures alone add 3-4 points onto a celebrity. There is no reason why you couldn't spend a winter learning to paint your face up with decent materials for a fraction of the cost of plastic surgery and you'd re-contour your face into something fairly close to what you're going for. And, honestly, even if it took an hour a day, that'd still be preferred to plastic surgery costs.

I am the same woman, in the same clothes. And when my attitude changes, the WHOLE setting around me changes too. The way people treat me, react to me, and speak with me.. can all drastically change at the drop of a hat just by my own choosing of words and actions and nothing extra. My thinking is you've spent your whole life accepting this and meekly skirting through life instead of grabbing it by the horns and giving it a toss around.

If this seems to work well for you, chances are you don't need to re-arrange your face at all. If not--.. then maybe I'd say that talking to a counselor specifically designed to talk to plastic surgery patients would do a lot of good. Clearly there are some people who get the surgery after talking to them anyways, so I don't think they're complete hippies about it.

If you decide to get it.. I say coupling it with therapy would be well worth the extra investment. If it's 6 figures worth of debt anyways, you might as well go all out.

.. Oh. And just so you know. There is such a thing as online college. Also. Community college students don't give a shit about how you look. They care about very little else besides their own cliques and their own classes. I would NOT put your education on hold for the mere fact that you don't want to go out in public. That's just ridiculous. It'd be like me saying I don't want to go outside because what if I see the sun? Of course I'll see the sun. But it won't kill me, and I'll still get shit done.

(Besides, without college education, you can't expect to pay for any of this anytime fast.)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I agree with peacebaby. I think you believe people are thinking things they may not be. I have a friend who has an enormous butt (she's an adult) and doesn't even want to go outside because of it. I also know men who love enormous butts.

When you see people staring at you you may be assuming the wrong thing. I sewed a full length wool coat as a teen and showed it to a few friends. I saw them laughing about it. I was horrified that they were laughing at my work (it was a good coat ) I later told my dad and he asked me how I knew they weren't laughing because they could never make anything as good as that. I've since then decided not to assume I know what people are reacting to because I'm usually going to assume it's something negative.

Focusing on looks usually doesn't work. I know beautiful women who can't get a guy and unattractive women who do. It's really more about learning to accept yourself. And I don't mean being confident like a sorority sister, I mean appealing to people you would actually like.

I would guess that you would laugh in a guy's face if he tried to ask you out because you thought he was making fun of you. Even a guy who actually liked you. Consider that.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Assuming this is a real problem and you aren't yanking our chains, OP, you should know that doctors won't operate if you think it will change your life via surgery alone. They want you to have a 'healthy' idea of what life will be like after surgery, so either keep your expectations low or learn to fake it well.

Otherwise, the money is a long way off. Maybe try getting that first and then decide if you still want to do this with it. Perhaps focusing on acquiring that will make the insults along the way more tolerable.

And, last but certainly not least, don't hide from your eventual fiance who is madly in love with your cute little fake nose that his children are probably going to look like the real you. See? Eventually, whoever you end up with, he's going to have to love you for who you are INSIDE.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    I don't think that a living person could possibly be a 1.5. To me, anything below 2 is reserved for poorly rendered CG monsters.
    in my face i think i am but my body isn't a 1.5 it's more like a 4
    MBTI: ISFP
    Enneagram tritype: 9w8, 7w6,4w3
    Cognitive functions: Fi-Si-Se-Ti-Ni-Ne-Te-Fe

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/24/249715.png

Ask me questions
    http://www.ask.fm/lunareclipzes3

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I really wish you would spend that money on an inner peace retreat and a vacation in Versailles and maybe just a wee bit of therapy instead.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Assuming this is a real problem and you aren't yanking our chains, OP, you should know that doctors won't operate if you think it will change your life via surgery alone. They want you to have a 'healthy' idea of what life will be like after surgery, so either keep your expectations low or learn to fake it well.

Otherwise, the money is a long way off. Maybe try getting that first and then decide if you still want to do this with it. Perhaps focusing on acquiring that will make the insults along the way more tolerable.

And, last but certainly not least, don't hide from your eventual fiance who is madly in love with your cute little fake nose that his children are probably going to look like the real you. See? Eventually, whoever you end up with, he's going to have to love you for who you are INSIDE.
    Well none of my parents have the nose or face shape (my parents both have round faces as well) I have... :/ and I highly doubt my mom or dad had plastic surgery because of their negative attitude towards it. So they may not end up looking like me.
    My mom is very plain though so it's not a surprise she created an ugly kid. I got her plain ness mixed with all the worst features probably in all my ancestry

Ask me questions

" I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember it's better to burn out than to fade away"
    - Kurt Cobain

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    I am very ugly. I need a lot of plastic surgery and I won't go to college until I get plastic surgery no matter how I make money.
    I want
    - A lot of cheek work done, my cheeks are awful. They are very manlike and unattractive. I don't know what surgeries I will need but they definetely need surgery on.
    - I need at least 1 nose job. My nose is too big and it's pointed out to me on a daily basis.
    - I want my jaw shaved and my chin altered to be a little more feminine (my chin isn't awful but it needs a little bit of work)
    My cheeks and nose are definetely my worst features. I get I look like a man because of my cheeks and jaw area.
    Something tells me this won't cost anywhere near as much as $100,000 but a few people have said it might.
    What do you think? Should this make me atleast a 5-6/10. I'm about a 1.5/10 in the face right now.
    Will this actually cost $100,000 because I estimated it around half that and people have told me it could be $100,000
    if you want to spend lots of money to make yourself more beautiful, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

however, my advice would be: don't think that you need it. there's nothing wrong with wanting to be sexually appealing; there is something wrong if you feel like you need to be beautiful to love yourself, something is wrong. I want to get plastic surgery myself, but, even though I don't consider myself very attractive, I still love myself and I don't let it drag down my confidence.

PS: your concerns related to this matter are very Sx-ish. I suggest taking a look at Sx/Sp
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    if you want to spend lots of money to make yourself more beautiful, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

however, my advice would be: don't think that you need it. there's nothing wrong with wanting to be sexually appealing; there is something wrong if you feel like you need to be beautiful to love yourself, something is wrong. I want to get plastic surgery myself, but, even though I don't consider myself very attractive, I still love myself and I don't let it drag down my confidence.

PS: your concerns related to this matter are very Sx-ish. I suggest taking a look at Sx/Sp
    Well it's not just to find a partner. It's also to be able to go outside and do whatever I want without constantly having to deal with being called ugly, to enjoy clothes shopping and shoe shopping again (seriously, being ugly has put a HUGE damper on it, have more confidence, not have to be the "ugly," friend (that's one of the reasons I almost choose not to have friends).

Ask me questions

- Kurt Cobain