User Tag List

12 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Default Speaking from Experience...

Speaking from experience...
    never leave your shoes where a cat can pee on them.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

your resident asshole

why

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

cats are such assholes!

Cats are beautiful creatures.
    I really like cats and food.

WALMART

I am dealing with a dog that refuses to urinate anywhere except the tiled floor right in front of the back door. There's even a dog door three feet from it she uses with great frequency, just not to piss.

I hate nothing more than cleaning that tile. It pools in the grout and tunnels across a six foot diameter.

I don't do anything to train her, though. Speaking from experience, stupidity is doing the same thing over expecting different results.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    why
    Because cat pee stinks and if your shoes smell like pee you will stink, too.

I am dealing with a dog that refuses to urinate anywhere except the tiled floor right in front of the back door. There's even a dog door three feet from it she uses with great frequency, just not to piss.
    Animals are quirky that way. It's like it has to be their idea.

I don't do anything to train her, though. Speaking from experience, stupidity is doing the same thing over expecting different results.
    There must be something simple that you can do, like putting a baby gate around the area or barricading it some way until she learns to go out the door. But speaking from experience, it's easy to come up with ideas and much harder to implement them. haha.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post

I hate nothing more than cleaning that tile. It pools in the grout and tunnels across a six foot diameter.

Dogs select pissing sites based on scent, no? Perfume it?

MBTI
    yupp

pee or hack up a hair ball in them

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I'd suggest bleaching it if it won't ruin anything. Perfume might not be strong enough.

And yeah, we would do this for my dog when she was a puppy.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I'd suggest bleaching it if it won't ruin anything. Perfume might not be strong enough.

And yeah, we would do this for my dog when she was a puppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    There must be something simple that you can do, like putting a baby gate around the area or barricading it some way until she learns to go out the door. But speaking from experience, it's easy to come up with ideas and much harder to implement them. haha.
    I haven't tried any sort of perfume, but I have tried specific products to deter them and I do bleach the area with every cleaning, if I don't use Pine-Sol or some other derivative. I've also tried gating off the area, but she will find other places in the house to go. I'd rather it on hard flooring than the upstairs carpet.

I have a feeling the only thing that will do it is some sort of regular conditioning, but I hardly have the will to do things that benefit my person, let alone someone else's dog.

The stupidest thing about this is that we put down my older dog because he started pissing and shitting uncontrollably all over the house. I thought without him there would be reprieve, but here I am, cleaning the piss and shit of some adolescent mutt. Speaking from experience, life is better than this.