User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Well, when you guys come to a concensus, pass it along to me.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Well, when you guys come to a concensus, pass it along to me.
    I'm not diagnosing you. I'm just saying that Mal doesn't have any idea what he is talking about, and doesn't actually know anything about diagnosing illnesses. Nothing you said seemed that weird to me, though. I wouldn't say that it necessarily means anything at all.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^ Ha
    I didn't realize it was the discussion about you. I just figured that any asocial person would be more likely ADD than with the "H" in it. Now that I realize it, there wouldn't be a reason to talk about that in the abstract here.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    ^ Ha
    I didn't realize it was the discussion about you. I just figured that any asocial person would be more likely ADD than with the "H" in it. Now that I realize it, there wouldn't be a reason to talk about that in the abstract here.
    Meh, I just assume you already figured it out. In any case, my experience is why I get so annoyed with this kind of thing, because I see a lot of people flap their gums about without actually knowing anything. But, it's not entirely about me, because I thought it was relevant to the entire issue of why you can't give causal diagnoses just because someone said something you thought sounded weird.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Meh, I just assume you already figured it out. In any case, my experience is why I get so annoyed with this kind of thing, because I see a lot of people flap their gums about without actually knowing anything. But, it's not entirely about me, because I thought it was relevant to the entire issue of why you can't give causal diagnoses just because someone said something you thought sounded weird.
    I didn't diagnose anything.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I didn't diagnose anything.
    Ok. Case closed.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I used to be *really* shy. But I'm reserved, too, so people did not read it as shyness, but aloofness. This was causing me problems because people would decide they did not like me when they had no idea what I was actually like. So when I was around twenty-eight, I started to observe, actively, how 'normal' people did things.

That was when I decided conventional wisdom (Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.) was not working for me. I decided to just start talking my fool head off. Just stream of consciousness mouth diarrhea at anybody I needed to talk to.

Now at the very least, people can make a more informed decision about whether or not they like me and, really, in this society, it's better to be thought a fool than to be thought unfriendly. So it's worked out pretty well and it has had the side effect of eliminating most of my shyness. Not all of it, but I can talk to just about anybody now without it being a big deal.

I'm still mostly a hermit, but when I have to go do stuff and talk to people it doesn't freak me out so much or make me feel awkward.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I used to be *really* shy. But I'm reserved, too, so people did not read it as shyness, but aloofness. This was causing me problems because people would decide they did not like me when they had no idea what I was actually like. So when I was around twenty-eight, I started to observe, actively, how 'normal' people did things.

That was when I decided conventional wisdom (Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.) was not working for me. I decided to just start talking my fool head off. Just stream of consciousness mouth diarrhea at anybody I needed to talk to.
    Not a female, but as it happens, I turned 28 recently, and have been playing around with this a lot within the past year or so. I like what happens when I do this.

Now at the very least, people can make a more informed decision about whether or not they like me and, really, in this society, it's better to be thought a fool than to be thought unfriendly. .
    True. Very true.

Visit my Johari: